Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gmail not pushing - to Hotmail I go

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzman1 View Post
    I'm not sure if the OP has resolved his issue, but I've been using a service provided by nuevasync.com since before google actually implemented push email, because for me push is critical.
    Nuevasync has a few features that gmail push does not. One such feature is when you "trash" an email it actually goes to the trash, while in google it archives.
    Many other features too.
    The service is $25 a yr.
    FYI - I have no affiliation with them, I'm simply a satisfied customer.
    Interesting. Are you using gmail with the service?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RYOBI View Post
    Interesting. Are you using gmail with the service?
    Yes. (google apps) Works great!

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hotmail -->Exchange ActiveSync -->iPhone 4

Hotmail -->Outlook Connector -->Windows 7 desktop and laptop

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have to say, hotmail works great on the iPhone. Go figure.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon 1400 A/T Mins
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Is this a pay service for Hotmail? Mine says its Fetch only, and the fastest I can fetch is every 15 minutes.
    1000th Post on March 27th, 2007 @ 11:09PM.
    2000th Post on July 30th, 2007 @ 9:05PM.
    3000th Post on Sept. 17th 2009 @ 8:20AM.

NOOB PHOTO BLOG

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

MY HOFO FEEDBACK

Device(s)
    Nokia 6300
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I used to use NuevaSync for Gmail CAL when iOS couldn't sync with GCal... but since CAL became syncable through iOS, I quit NuevaSync.

Seriously though, someone -- anyone on this thread -- just to prove me right, please TRY a mail push app, Mail Notifier or ANY other app that does it. You will say to yourself, how did I ever live without this.

I do NOT work for any company or ANYTHING else, I just want everyone to experience to glory of receiving email notifications INSTANTLY.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 VZW
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    i gave up on the exchange gmail setup on my iphone 4, but just use the fetch standard gmail setup... get messages every 30 min, or sooner if i open up mail manually... not a big deal, as my gmail isn't that critical... my work email is full exchange, and that works instantaneously and perfectly... i do however have my gmail contacts setup through exchange (because the regular gmail setup doesn't support contacts) and that works quite well for keeping my contacts synced and saved for when i switch phones or even do a restore... has served me well already, i don't keep any contacts in the iphone contacts itself...

> Clearnet PCS: Nokia 6188 (1999)

-> Bell : Nokia 6185 -> Motorola ST7867W (99-01)

--> AT&T: Nokia 6360 -> Nokia 6200 - (01-04)

---> Verizon: LG VX6000 -> Motorola E815 - (04-07)

----> Cingular/AT&T: Samsung Blackjack -> 8525 -> RAZR V3xx -> iPhone (RIP) -> iPhone 3GS - (Jan 07-Dec 09)

-----> T-Mobile: iPhone 3GS (unlock) -> Nexus One -> 9700 - (Dec 09-Jun 10 )

------> AT&T: iPhone 4 -> iPhone 3GS - (Jun '10-Mar '11)

-------> Verizon: iPhone4 - (Mar '11-TBD)

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I am using hotmail, setup with exchange. It works perfectly. Mail is pushed to the iPhone immediately. I get instant notification of new email. It (hotmail) syncs with my contacts and calendar. Hotmail will import directly from gmail your contacts. Delete from your phone, it deletes from your mail app and vice versa. So after doing some major belly aching as well as searching, seems as though hotmail fits the bill. After selling my Droid X to get the iPhone I was hoping there wasn't a regret somewhere and there wasn't.

I mean who has time to screw around with gmail? I know it's a hassle to change email addresses (I guess you could always forward from gmail to hotmail) but for me it was worth it. There are a whole bunch of pissed off iPhone users on the apple and google sites wanting to know gmail isn't pushed to their device.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon 1400 A/T Mins
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Thanks my friend for letting me know it was exchange. I thought Gmail was the only one you could use as exchange. Hotmail now works beautifully. Perhaps sooooo many people use Gmail now, it overloads their servers from time to time. I am going to migrate to Hotmail, for everything.

Device(s)
    Galaxy SIII, iPhone 4s Black 64GB (wife's phone)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Icyhot1966 View Post
    Thanks my friend for letting me know it was exchange. I thought Gmail was the only one you could use as exchange. Hotmail now works beautifully. Perhaps sooooo many people use Gmail now, it overloads their servers from time to time. I am going to migrate to Hotmail, for everything.
    Gmail servers are not overloaded... It never work really well...
    You will be happy with hotmail...

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    How are you people setting up exchange/gmail on your iPhones? I'm asking cause since my university recently switched over to Gmail servers, I was so excited because I knew that meant push mail again. (For some reason with my university IMAP/SMTP servers, push email actually worked with my old Palm Pre before the switch over to Gmail, but my iPhone had to fetch).

As soon as I switched to exchange/Gmail I have had no problem at all with instant push emails. I absolutely love it - instant push emails ftw! Anyways I am asking cause - did you guys all set it up correctly? I also have a @gmail.com email address that pushes perfectly. Maybe some of you guys are doing it wrong?

EDIT: follow this post and see if it works.

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by staeit View Post
    How are you people setting up exchange/gmail on your iPhones? I'm asking cause since my university recently switched over to Gmail servers, I was so excited because I knew that meant push mail again. (For some reason with my university IMAP/SMTP servers, push email actually worked with my old Palm Pre before the switch over to Gmail, but my iPhone had to fetch).

As soon as I switched to exchange/Gmail I have had no problem at all with instant push emails. I absolutely love it - instant push emails ftw! Anyways I am asking cause - did you guys all set it up correctly? I also have a @gmail.com email address that pushes perfectly. Maybe some of you guys are doing it wrong?

EDIT: follow this post and see if it works.
    That's exactly how I had gmail setup. People are posting ideas of what works and what doesn't. By that I mean some users are suggesting to delete the account and re-add it if it's not working (pushing). Mostly people that have it working point to that link you posted to say this is the way it should be setup. And for the most part everyone does have it that way, but it's not working. For whatever reason some people are able to get gmail to push to their phone. Quite a few more aren't as lucky (or whatever the reason).

Gmail pushed to my Droid X instantly. It's not working on my iPhone. Emails are delayed 15-30 minutes.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon 1400 A/T Mins
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    It was 50-50 with me. Sometimes it was pushed, and other times it wasn't.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never had a problem with gmail push... email, contacts etc. I actually switched from Hotmail to Gmail for this feature and then a couple of months later Hotmail has Exchange support. Go figure.

My sister has Hotmail via Exchange on her iPod Touch with no prob.
    iPhone 7, 128GB, matte black: Sept. 14, 2017 - VIRGIN
    iPhone 6, 64GB, space grey: Nov. 3, 2014 - BELL / Nov. 13, 2015 - VIRGIN
    iPhone 5, 32GB, white: Nov. 21, 2012 - BELL
    iPhone 4, 32GB, black: Sept. 2, 2010 - ROGERS

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Gmail started working again. Not sure where the problem was, but I know for sure it wasn't the iPhone.

Hotmail has worked flawlessly. Also it seems that the way hm handles the contact fields is not the same as gm. Specifically the phone option. Such as mobile, work, home, etc. I'm also not sure if it's an iPhone issue because if the field option isn't correct, the newly created contact won't show.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast