Thread: Verizon iPhone..keep or return?

Device(s)
    G'zone Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Verizon iPhone..keep or return?

On the fence here.

Got a Verizon iPhone, have had it about a week.

The lock switch rattles. It's aggravating. The phone is otherwise perfect. The switch works fine, just rattles.

I did a Google search and I'm not the only one. Should I return it or deal with it?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Seems like a very minor issue. If everything else is fine I wouldn't bother with it. The biggest variation seems to be in the display. If your display looks great, no tint, good color temp, no dead or stuck pixels, etc. I would not risk it for something as minor as a lose switch.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Device(s)
    G'zone Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    XFF, you're a good man.

Carrier(s)
    Current: Visible. Former: Verizon, at&t, Sprint, SunCom, PrimeCo, GTE Wireless, Contel Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I never noticed it but mine rattles a little also if I shake it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 VZW
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    if you're near an Apple Store, take it in... they may replace it for you... worth a shot anyways

> Clearnet PCS: Nokia 6188 (1999)

-> Bell : Nokia 6185 -> Motorola ST7867W (99-01)

--> AT&T: Nokia 6360 -> Nokia 6200 - (01-04)

---> Verizon: LG VX6000 -> Motorola E815 - (04-07)

----> Cingular/AT&T: Samsung Blackjack -> 8525 -> RAZR V3xx -> iPhone (RIP) -> iPhone 3GS - (Jan 07-Dec 09)

-----> T-Mobile: iPhone 3GS (unlock) -> Nexus One -> 9700 - (Dec 09-Jun 10 )

------> AT&T: iPhone 4 -> iPhone 3GS - (Jun '10-Mar '11)

-------> Verizon: iPhone4 - (Mar '11-TBD)

Device(s)
    DROOOID
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON NETWORK
    Feedback Score
    Now that verizon offered the iPhone I traded in my android phone the other day. The battery alone blows away my android, I'm on my 4th day and decided to charge it, and you can realize playing with a new phone and setting it up with apps, I did use it. I have Mac computers so Apple OS is not new to me, but I could not go with AT&T, that was the only reason I never got the from the beginning.

My iPhone works great, I have my computer, iPad, and cell phone sync so I'm never away from my digital world whatever device I'm on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MI_canuck View Post
    if you're near an Apple Store, take it in... they may replace it for you... worth a shot anyways
    I agree. You've got nothing to lose anyway and it would bother me if my phone acts like that and no one else seems to have experienced the same issue, it might even lead to a bigger problem in the future although I seriously hope not

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Whoever is cheaper and WORKS!
    Feedback Score
    You have 14 days to swap it out. If it bothers you that much, I would. I am very meticulous with my electronics and ALWAYS demand to inspect it before I walk out of the store.

Like XFF said though, if it's nothing major, like the screen jacked up or something, then I would just try to live with it...

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 VZW
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    it's hard to keep the iphone now that the blazingly fast thunderbolt is out, but i'm going to stay the course and keep my vzw iphone 4 and wait until there's an LTE iphone available... thunderbolt is blazingly fast (heard up to 20 Mbps!!!!) easily 10 times faster... hard to igore... but battery life is something I value, and not in the vocabulary if you own a TB... we'll see how things pan out... i'm out of the 14 day verizon window, so whatever I do, i'll be selling/buying to make it happen, which will come at a cost...

so far though, no complaints with my vzw iphone 4 - waaaay more reliable and better experience than it ever was with AT&T....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    After trying out the Thunderbolt for 2 days I returned it. The build quality is okay not spectacular and the battery life was not stellar. Not to mention the instability of the hotspot. I'll just have to wait for the LTE iPhone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 VZW
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    @t6821hn - so how bad WAS the battery life? matter of couple hours? apparently 4G can't even be switched off...

so are you back to using a vzw iphone 4? or where you not on one before trying the TB?

my only thought about getting a TB now is to grandfather onto a 4G unlimited plan before vzw goes tiered pricing... which I'm sure they would claim "you need to upgrade plans to go with the LTE 4G iphone" (whenever that would happen)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The battery lasted 3 hours 43 minutes going from 100% to 2%. All this on LTE. I believe you can switch to 3G by inputting a few codes but that defeats the purpose of having a LTE phone. I was using an iPhone and Thunderbolt simultaneously. I really only wanted the TB for its hotspot but that feature wasn't going to last. Even if rooted and with unlimited data I'm sure Verizon would eventually catch on if usage was 10GB - 20GB per month. Having unlimited data on the phone itself is useless to me since I wouldn't use it for the things I need.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    was the 3:43 using the tb as a hotspot? Because I think my D2G could last all day with moderate use, but I doubt it'd last much over an hour as a hotspot (when I did use that I plugged it in to USB, which barely covered the power the wireless tether used.)
    I still got a car charger to keep it topped up though.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    4g can be switched off you just have to use a secret code which is something like the *#*# checkin thing its android native so it will work on all phones but i wouldnt want grandma trying to turn it off this way

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Thunderbolt's hotspot feature couldn't stay on even to save its life. It would stay on for 5 minutes and then would disconnect every 10 seconds. Became really unusable. No, 3:43 was based on heavy usage. I have bluetooth, 4G, Pandora, etc. on. I talk and text constantly. Even the iPhone 4 doesn't last me the entire day until I got the Tekkeon myPower pack. I didn't expect the TB to last the entire day but short of 4 hours is no good. Besides, the hotspot was unreliable and the build quality is not to my liking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast