Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 20 70 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1829

Thread: AT&T to acquire T-Mobile USA

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Just cause DT says one thing, doesn't mean its true. They promised they wouldn't sell T-Mobile USA, but bam on March 20th, all heck broke loose.

I bet they will take that money, and try to buy spectrum from another carrier.

Notice how NYC is not part of the AWS package.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Speed achieved using T-Mobile Samsung GS2

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile can re-partition the spectrum for GSM/HSPA/LTE-A. All they need is 3 blocks of spectrum nationwide.

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    How will T-Mobile take advantage of the UMTS roaming agreement from AT&T? Majority of T-Mobile's 3G phones do not have 1900MHz 3G. I know they might have the OEMs start putting them in, for next years phones.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiWavelength View Post
    Coming out of Germany, here is the Deutsche Telekom release on the merger break up fee, spectrum, and roaming agreement. Of particular note, T-Mobile will receive AWS 2100+1700 MHz spectrum in 12 of the top 20 markets and 128 markets in total. Additionally, the new seven year roaming agreement with AT&T will include access to 3G/4G W-CDMA. Read on:

https://www.otciq.com/otciq/ajax/sho...d.pdf?id=68986

AJ
    So basically T-Mobile can roam on AT&T, but AT&T can't roam on T-Mobile 3G? If so, that's sweet.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    While I agree that heavy data users may go elsewhere, I don't know anyone that ever gets anywhere near 2GB, let alone 5GB+. My friends on Verizon don't even know what LTE is and use less than 1GB/mo. They never talk about how fast their data is because it's all the same to them.
    I really have to agree with this point. All that peak download speed is good for is bragging rights. What do most smartphone users want? Enough download speed to watch a video and enough combined upload/download speed to video chat. More than that is just a distinction without a difference. I don't know anyone, except here and maybe one or two folks in the local LUG, who really cares about 3G vs 4G vs LTE. They just want it to work. T-Mobile's big problem is, and always had been coverage, or lack thereof. But I said when I could use my T-Mobile phone in Chadron, Nebraska I'd stop complaining about that.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if T-Mobile will reverse their AT&T-like policies that they have adapted over the past year, since AT&T is out of the picture.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Pioneer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully this roaming agreement will help T-Mobile out with their pathetic excuse for a 3G system here (top graphic) and allow them to take advantage of AT&T's much bigger network (bottom graphic).

Attachment 76919

Attachment 76920

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The 3G coverage maps are currently broken/not accurate.
    Bye!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Free at Last. ATT gave up. Now T-mobile need to improve their network to gain their reputation.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I All that peak download speed is good for is bragging rights. I don't know anyone, except here and maybe one or two folks in the local LUG, who really cares about 3G vs 4G vs LTE.
    There are many iPhone owners who think they have a 4G device.

Sent from my EVO3D

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16 View Post
    I wonder if T-Mobile will reverse their AT&T-like policies that they have adapted over the past year, since AT&T is out of the picture.
    The policies never had anything to do with AT&T. They were simply a way to try to extract more profit from T-mobile USA customers.

Here's the DT head honcho himself, Rene, being interviewed just this morning on what will happen next with TMOUS:

http://bloom.bg/tuf138#ooid=FoMm41Mz...6kF0qUCXWuucMu

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    The policies never had anything to do with AT&T. They were simply a way to try to extract more profit from T-mobile USA customers.

Here's the DT head honcho himself, Rene, being interviewed just this morning on what will happen next with TMOUS:

"It is what it is."

Way different than crying over spilled milk.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post

Does this mean you are going to give up your $30 T-Zone (formerly iStream) Talk N' Text plan for AT&T, since its the wonder network of possibilities? /sarcasm

I, for one, am ecstatic about the news:

A) Deutsche Telekom may invest in T-Mobile USA, now that we have AT&T's AWS in more markets

B) We can now roam on AT&T's NAM HSPA+ network, which will allow more 3G phones to work on our network, like the iphone.

C) It still allows for a new company to invest in T-mo, should DT chose to sell it. AT&T is notoriously bad about grandfathering plans, and their CS.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    DoJ placing the microscope under Verizon now:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...rum-deals.html

This is the spectrum that T-Mobile needs, to get big. If Verizon isn't allowed to buy the AWS spectrum, there is no way AT&T would be allowed to buy it.

DT should jump on this, with the money AT&T paid them. That money, plus the AWS spectrum, the roaming agreement, plus the Telco's AWS spectrum, would have T-Mobile hit it big.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna View Post
    Does this mean you are going to give up your $30 T-Zone (formerly iStream) Talk N' Text plan
    Being able to roam on AT&T's superior 3G network with my current data plan would keep me around awhile longer. However, I've seen no specifics about the roaming agreement. Will it permit roaming in just markets where there is no T-Mobile 3G footprint. Or anywhere on the network.

I would laugh if I can use an iPhone 4S at 4G speeds on my tzone plan with unlimited data. But I'll believe it when I see it.

Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 20 70 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 LastLast