Thread: Gravity and S^3

Device(s)
    N86, N82 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Gravity and S^3

Can anyone confirm for me how their S^3 phone is working with Gravity. I have had my C7 for about a week now, and I decided to go with Gravity for my twitter app. Under "connection settings" I have AT&T internet as my default connection. I also have auto-connect to Wlan and auto switch to Wlan as "yes"

I have been trying to figure out how to get it to connect only to AT&T when I am out of range of wifi, but it still wants to connect to AT&T by default. If I set my default as my wifi, then it won't connect to AT&T at all. I also noticed that there was no way to have it connect to a destination, and go by whatever priority I have set up there.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Device(s)
    Nokia N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Default Connection: AT&T
    Auto Connect to: AT&T
    Auto switch to WLAN: Yes

Device(s)
    N86, N82 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    thanks, I will try those settings for awhile and see what happens

Device(s)
    N86, N82 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone upgraded to the latest version 1.50. I stopped using Gravity awhile ago and was trying out Nokia Social. But thought I would give the new version of gravity a try. For some reason, now it won't switch to wifi at all. Its only using 3g to connect.

I was also hoping that gravity would finally auto disconnect. I still don't see why this app needs to stay connected all the time, if I am only updating my twitter home page every 30 minutes?? Every other twitter app I have used on Symbian has been able to auto connect/disconnect to save battery.

Feedback Score
    I hate to say it, but I would just save a bookmark for the mobile twitter site and update/view that way.

I don't think there is a 100% polished twitter/social app (or ANY app besides mobbler for that matter, IMHO) on S^3 -- especially NOT for $10.
    I want to buy your Nokia E7.

HoFo Feedback (9+, 0-)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    http://bit.ly/6750ALL

Here's the latest version that I could tell from @janole. Give it a try and see how the connection status works?

For web updates on the N900 I used http://dabr.co.uk/ a lot. Works pretty well for quick checks to Twitter.

Device(s)
    N86, N82 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newtype View Post
    I hate to say it, but I would just save a bookmark for the mobile twitter site and update/view that way.

I don't think there is a 100% polished twitter/social app (or ANY app besides mobbler for that matter, IMHO) on S^3 -- especially NOT for $10.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Instead of using the mobile twitter, I would just go offline/online manually with gravity. Its a couple of extra key presses.

I have tried contacting @janole a few times over the past couple of years in regards to having the option to auto disconnect. I don't know why he continues to leave this feature out. Most social or email apps allow for disconnecting when not actively updating.

If Nokia could fix a couple of things with their Social App it could supplant Gravity for me
    1- scrolling is not as smooth as gravity
    2- it keeps moving my timeline after it updates, sometimes it goes back 6 or 8 hours. I have to skim over everything to find where I left off.
    3- it does disconnect automatically, but I noticed that it doesn't always connect at the 30 minute interval to update.

I guess I will keep looking for a better twitter app. Too bad TweetS60 stopped updating their app.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I thought Janole had a specific Symbian^3 version?

<3 Gravity, though. Whenever I switch the SIM back to my N900, I end up slowly going away from Twitter. But use it all the time from my N97
    ---
    "No matter where you go, there you are."

Quote Originally Posted by sjhong
    The 3.5 inch touch screen, the 32Gb internal memory and the qwerty keyboard are features I can no longer live without.

Device(s)
    N86, N82 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Now that I think about the setting on Gravity it doesnt make sense.

Why would you have settings for update intervals. 1min, 2min, 15min, etc. (and a notification sound) if you are going to be connected all the time. With constant connection update interval should be set to 1 minute with no notification, that way every time you tap the Gravity widget you are able to read the most up to date info.

It seems like Gravity is half way there with polling, but is missing the auto disconnect feature. Why else would there be interval times?