Thread: Verizon webpage ad -- this VX6000 is in ROAMING, HAHA!!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4S 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Red face Verizon webpage ad -- this VX6000 is in ROAMING, HAHA!!

Unless I'm crazy (or the icons have changed), the VX6000 in this ad is in ROAMING! How frickin' hilarious!

http://getitnow.vzwshop.com/html/phones/lg_vx6000.jsp

Device(s)
    Storm, iPhone, Venus, VX9900, VX8600, VX8100, e815, VX7000, VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    its roaming on the lg pictures also
    Love without pain isn't really romance.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It showed the roaming triangle in all the magazine ads I've seen as well.

Device(s)
    RIM 7100i
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    That because the phone isnt activiated. Before and phone is initially activated there is no prl on programmed info on it. Therefore the phone thinks its foreign to any network, which leads to it saying roaming. Thats why its roaming in the adds. When you buy your next new phone, ask to see it before its programmed.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Fatal_Ice
    That because the phone isnt activiated. Before and phone is initially activated there is no prl on programmed info on it. Therefore the phone thinks its foreign to any network, which leads to it saying roaming. Thats why its roaming in the adds. When you buy your next new phone, ask to see it before its programmed.
    I'm sure everyone knows that. Just having a little fun.

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Not only is it roaming, you can see date and time!

You know I have read quite a few posts in this forum that have to do with the date and time showing on the external screen of the vx6000 and now I see that Verizon is advertising it as well in their ad's. Dont get me wrong, because I love Verizon but doesn't this classify as false advertising? I would love nothing more than to be able to see the date and time, at the same time on the external screen of the vx6000 and as far as I'm concerned Verizon should not get people's hopes up and make them believe that this is what you'll be getting when you get this phone. Just my opinion and forgive me but I am new here and yes this is my first post ever and yes your right, this is trivial compared too some of the other posts I have seen in this forum. Just expressing myself I guess.
    David A

Device(s)
    Motorola i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Re: Not only is it roaming, you can see date and time!

Originally posted by da62
    I would love nothing more than to be able to see the date and time, at the same time on the external screen of the vx6000 and as far as I'm concerned Verizon should not get people's hopes up and make them believe that this is what you'll be getting when you get this phone.
    It does seem like a common everyday feature. Then again, the date on the phone in the ad is Apr 1st!

Gish
    The Improved Nextel/Boost FAQ!
    Please vote and reply in My Feedback Thread Thanks, Gish
    See the Poll Results

Famous Quotes:
    "You know we aren't meant to exist in the outside world." - Akira
    "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." - Ken Olson
    "640K ought to be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates circa 1981

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The 6000's outside display does not show the date? That's a step down from the 4400. I need to replace this 4400 (ill be on number 3! ). I'll play around with the 6000 then, oh wait, my store NEVER has the demo phones charged. How dumb is that?

Feedback Score
    a530 = date and time on front.

Device(s)
    Storm, iPhone, Venus, VX9900, VX8600, VX8100, e815, VX7000, VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Airb330
    The 6000's outside display does not show the date? That's a step down from the 4400. I need to replace this 4400 (ill be on number 3! ). I'll play around with the 6000 then, oh wait, my store NEVER has the demo phones charged. How dumb is that?
    you can display the date by clicking the volume up/down buttons. you can't display them both at once though

Device(s)
    LG VX10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hey airb330 why did you have to replace your vx4400 3 times? I am asking because I had replace mine 6 times already. The phone I have is the 7th one. I told verizon I need different model but they haven't done a thing to help me. They did however say if enough people have a problem with the phone and register a complain the company will be willing to exchange the phone. I thought I was the only one who had a problem with this phone but I guess not. Have you told verizon about your problem? What did they say? Have you told them you want a different model? I would like to hear from you.