Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4g lte full flash might be impossible!!!! 4g lte sim card problem!!!! Thunder bolt

Feedback Score

4g lte full flash might be impossible!!!! 4g lte sim card problem!!!! Thunder bolt

Ok, I got bad news for everyone. I don't know if I am not well informed, but today I went over to my friends store to see if I can purchase a metropcs 4G LTE sim card. With that card I would be able to start working on the 4G connection on my HTC THUNDER BOLT 4G LTE. So bad news is my friend told me that for every metropcs 4G phone that they made comes with their own sim card. If you take it out or try to tamper with it. The 4G will no longer work on that phone. The worst part is that the 4G sim card that you take out that metropcs phone gets deactivated FOR EVER!!!! So the phone will be technically another simple android phone after that. Metropcs will not sell sim cards seperately and like I said every sim card is designed to work with that same cell phone. My first guess was that they have programed the 4G LTE sim card to work only and only with that certain ESN number. If placed on a cell phone with a different ESN the sim card will automatically deactivate.
    this is not good news!!!! I have a 500 dollar phone on my hand and it's just as good as just keeping my evo 4G on 1x. Is there anyone out here who would know how to solve this problem or can help out to get this solved. I have several Ideas. I bet you all know the first one and it's too hard to do, but possible. That shall be my last option. It will be costy and stressful and will risk bricking phone in attempt to repair the phone to work with 4G LTE.
    Anyone help me????? Message me in private if needed. If your in the same situation or would like to talk about this, please feel free!! post reply

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    $500 on hand eh? lol simple solution quit messing with simcards and buy urself an indulge for $400 then do the rebate to get $100 backthat leaves u with $200 in ur pocket to buy ur wife or girlfriend something nize

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    even simpler solution: READ! posts dating back to almost a year ago when we first heard that our phones will be using UICC cards (they look like a SIM card, but actually its not) have said that removal of the card could damage the phone. even the card in the box that the card was removed from and installed in the phone states not to remove the card.

kinda o/t: but I say we remove warning labels off stuff? whos with me?
    Couldn't have said it better myself, very great analogy:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    But if the question is "Will my non-LTE phone magically increase in speed while on the MetroPCS network, since MetroPCS has turned on their faster LTE network?" -- the answer is no. Just like back in the 60's, the old black and white CRT TV's could not magically receive color broadcasts just because the networks started broadcasting in color. You had to have a new color TV to receive the wondrous color TV shows.

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    looool why not always done it growing up, besides if i damage my phone ill report it stolen or something and just pay the damn $85

Device(s)
    Too many
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    don't waste your time or money. it's not going to work

Feedback Score
    It doesn't damage the phone, but it does desynchronize the connection. I don't understand how or why it can't be resynchronized but I do understand why they won't let your thunderbolt on the network. The "sim" card for your 4G is verizon's.

Best bet for 4G access on metro is to sell the bolt and buy the indulge. It's not a bolt but it is a 4G unlimited android phone for $60/month...

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n4zty View Post
    $500 on hand eh? lol simple solution quit messing with simcards and buy urself an indulge for $400 then do the rebate to get $100 backthat leaves u with $200 in ur pocket to buy ur wife or girlfriend something nize
    ahahha true man.... I was actually looking t that option.... TRying to decide soon...
    Or else this phone value will go down

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vance Fox View Post
    It doesn't damage the phone, but it does desynchronize the connection. I don't understand how or why it can't be resynchronized but I do understand why they won't let your thunderbolt on the network. The "sim" card for your 4G is verizon's.

Best bet for 4G access on metro is to sell the bolt and buy the indulge. It's not a bolt but it is a 4G unlimited android phone for $60/month...

yeah, true. I am just going to have to sell my thunderbolt. Gosh I was in love already. I think we are going to have to brake up. Later we can make up if we find a way to fix this problem.

Feedback Score
    I will make an intent to do this in the future, I already have plans for it. Mean while I have to wait for the prices to go down on the thunderbolt. Just in case I end up bricking phone or something like that. I know you all are right to just go and buy the indulge, which is what I am going to end up doing. Just got to sell my HTC TB. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ADVICES. YOU ALL HAVE ONE GOOD POINT.

IF SOMEONE HAS ANY UPDATES. LET US ALL KNOW PLEASE.

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    Oh just incase ur wondering the indulge has been fully rooted and wifi tethered and the root process is a 1 click process and no more, so that should be a plus.

Device(s)
    Moto Maxx (XT1225, LG Nexus 5 (LG-D820)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanP View Post
    Ok, I got bad news for everyone. I don't know if I am not well informed, but today I went over to my friends store to see if I can purchase a metropcs 4G LTE sim card.

With that card I would be able to start working on the 4G connection on my HTC THUNDER BOLT 4G LTE.

So the phone will be technically another simple android phone after that.

You were MISINFORMED in the beginning when you thought you could flash a non-Metro LTE phone to Metro's LTE network. Verizon and Metro both have LTE networks but use TOTALLY DIFFERENT FREQUENCIES.

And that function is controlled by the chipsets built into the phone. Built in at the factory. Unless you are going to open the phone and solder new chips in, you cannot change the frequencies.

That is why it's impossible. This has been known for a long time. A long time. Been thoroughly discussed on this forum.

==========

Now having said that, in the future -- note I am saying in the FUTURE, now right now -- as more manufacturers like LG, Samsung and HTC start making lots of LTE phones for Verizon, Metro, AT&T and even Sprint (yes, AT&T is also going LTE and Sprint is seriously considering it even though they have Wi-Max), it would make sense for all those manufacturers to build in all the frequencies to their chipsets and they are activated depending on the carrier to which it's being shipped.

IF/WHEN that happens, then theoretically, a Verizon LTE phone could be flashed to MetroPCS LTE network. It still might not ever happen -- due to the sim card stuff -- but at least it would be theoretically possible as the chipsets would have the necessary frequencies.

===========

But right now with only TWO LTE Android phones in the world for sale (Samsung Indulge and HTC Thunderbolt), by two different manufacturers, that kind of cross carrier pollination is not possible.
    Last edited by ChazzMatt; 04-13-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Oh just incase ur wondering the indulge has been fully rooted and wifi tethered and the root process is a 1 click process and no more, so that should be a plus.
    any new's on overclocking it yet?
    HITMAN OF THE METRO MAFIA

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    Yea I think u can use that one app zcpu whatever but alot of indulge users dont wanna use more battery juice than needed already lol

Musician and Producer at chosen-1-records check out some of my work @ http://soundcloud.com/chosen-1-records

Device(s)
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
    any new's on overclocking it yet?
    overclocking relies on kernels if the kernel accepts the overclock then its doable but if it doesnt the best you can do is underclock it and save battery.
    Code Name: L0GiC4L 3ViL
    Quote: "Make love not war... Contribute dont leech.My insane logic gets the job done..."
    Latest Exploits:
    evo full flash (yes mms works), samsung intercept web (ask around), moto droid full flash
    Next Hijack: AFFLICTION ROM

11/4 3000th post

Feedback Score
    lol I think we are in the same page. Yeah at the end that's all I was looking for. Tethering and root. How about custom roms??? any custom roms yet?? I was reading and noticed many had rooted their indulge, but I had not Idea they came up with a one click root... That's nice... I will look for that then.... or just point me to it if you know the spot.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast