Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 4g lte full flash might be impossible!!!! 4g lte sim card problem!!!! Thunder bolt

Device(s)
    LG Connect
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by akikhia View Post
    the new phones have interchangeable sim cards attain and connect have it esteem and indulge dont

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2
    While they are interchangeable, it's not in the same sense as GSM SIM cards where you can just insert the card and go. The UICC cards still need to be registered with the ESN of the actual device. So you can't take the UICC card from phone A and just pop it in to phone B and get an instant connection.

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    the uicc card and the gsm sim card are not the same technology although they do have similiar jobs.

More info to ease the confusion:
    MetroPCS Selects Gemalto To Provide LTE UICC & OTA Platform

Gemalto announced that MetroPCS has selected Gemalto to provide a Long Term Evolution (LTE) over-the-air platform and Universal Integrated Circuit Cards for its 2010 fourth generation LTE broadband service launch. Gemalto’s technology will enable MetroPCS to provide its subscribers with high-speed Internet access from their mobile devices. MetroPCS, the fifth largest facilities-based carrier in the US, offers unlimited, flat-rate, no signed contract wireless services to its more than 6.6 million subscribers.

Gemalto’s over-the-air remote management platform will help MetroPCS manage wireless devices and subscriber service delivery in its combined LTE and CDMA network. The LTE authentication is provided by the Universal Integrated Circuit Card (UICC), a next-generation SIM card that will be used by MetroPCS in LTE mobile devices to identify subscribers and their services and manage secure access to the wireless network.

"The more customers get of mobile broadband, the more they feel the need for speed," said Andrew M. Seybold, CEO & Principal Consultant, Andrew Seybold, Inc. “LTE not only ratchets up the data rates, the fact that it is IP-based will lead to even smarter devices, smarter software and smarter networks. Subscribers are going to love LTE, and the operators who get there first will have a real competitive advantage. MetroPCS is leading the regional carriers and its LTE suppliers like Gemalto are opening the path."

“MetroPCS is at the forefront of wireless network technology, as they are among the first companies worldwide to start the migration to LTE,” said Sébastien Cano, Gemalto’s Senior Vice President of North American Telecommunications business. “We are very pleased Gemalto will be a technology partner in this industry-leading project.
    more info about gemalto which is actually interesting

http://www.gemalto.com/uicc_role/index.html i actually read our uicc card are accessible but perhaps metro has disabled the method of doing so would love to see whats in it and they do have 2gb of space i would like to save some stuff on it jk im ok with my 32gb class 10 sd card.

amusing video of their product on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/GemaltoVideos

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Re: 4G sim card

Quote Originally Posted by BeanP View Post
    Ok, I got bad news for everyone. I don't know if I am not well informed, but today I went over to my friends store to see if I can purchase a metropcs 4G LTE sim card. With that card I would be able to start working on the 4G connection on my HTC THUNDER BOLT 4G LTE. So bad news is my friend told me that for every metropcs 4G phone that they made comes with their own sim card. If you take it out or try to tamper with it. The 4G will no longer work on that phone. The worst part is that the 4G sim card that you take out that metropcs phone gets deactivated FOR EVER!!!! So the phone will be technically another simple android phone after that. Metropcs will not sell sim cards seperately and like I said every sim card is designed to work with that same cell phone. My first guess was that they have programed the 4G LTE sim card to work only and only with that certain ESN number. If placed on a cell phone with a different ESN the sim card will automatically deactivate.
    this is not good news!!!! I have a 500 dollar phone on my hand and it's just as good as just keeping my evo 4G on 1x. Is there anyone out here who would know how to solve this problem or can help out to get this solved. I have several Ideas. I bet you all know the first one and it's too hard to do, but possible. That shall be my last option. It will be costy and stressful and will risk bricking phone in attempt to repair the phone to work with 4G LTE.
    Anyone help me????? Message me in private if needed. If your in the same situation or would like to talk about this, please feel free!! post reply

I had a similar circumstance. I bought an LG Motion Metro PCS phone without the SIM card on ebay. I thought I was going to be able to pick up a SIM for 5 bucks at my local dealer or directly from Metro PCS, but when I phoned Metro PCS, they sent me to my dealer, Best Buy, who told me they didn't sell SIMs, and that I'd have to go to a corporate store in NYC or else MAYBE an "authorized dealer" closer by. I went to this dealer and they were able to sell me a "universal" SIM, which did not have the problem of being registered to a particular serial number phone. He was able to set the card for my phone and voila, it works. BUT, the SIM card cost me 45 bucks! The guy felt bad and waived the 15 change phone fee, and so effectively the SIM cost me 30 bucks. Still too much money, but there ya go...

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ok there is a misunderstanding the first couple of 4G devices had their SIM Married to them, meaning no other SIM could be activated, but that stopped with the LG Esteem. Every other device now can have the SIM card change, only if the place can or wants to provision you one, but like I said they can change Sims now and they are not married to the device itself, just got to go to a corporate to do so.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by duchat View Post
    I had a similar circumstance. I bought an LG Motion Metro PCS phone without the SIM card on ebay. I thought I was going to be able to pick up a SIM for 5 bucks at my local dealer or directly from Metro PCS, but when I phoned Metro PCS, they sent me to my dealer, Best Buy, who told me they didn't sell SIMs, and that I'd have to go to a corporate store in NYC or else MAYBE an "authorized dealer" closer by. I went to this dealer and they were able to sell me a "universal" SIM, which did not have the problem of being registered to a particular serial number phone. He was able to set the card for my phone and voila, it works. BUT, the SIM card cost me 45 bucks! The guy felt bad and waived the 15 change phone fee, and so effectively the SIM cost me 30 bucks. Still too much money, but there ya go...
    Wow he charged you that much? I am sure they don't cost that much and there is no such thing as a universal SIM, all Sims can be activated on any phone now and can be changed whenever as well, the only thing they make sure is that the SIM is not activated on another device and that is to make there is no conflict, but that's about it, you should be able to get one but 45 bucks for one, no way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3