Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Michigan Police Device Can Reveal Drivers’ Phone Data, Texts and Pictures

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe12304 View Post
    Yeah this would never fly in MN. They don't even let us stop the people with the special "DUI plates" anymore.
    That would be an easy catch. They want you to work harder.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1 View Post
    This will be challenged in court... sooner rather than later. Even If it helps catch a low-life child molester, it still should require probable cause... and a warrant (as required by our Constitution against illegal search and seizure). Although, the politicians are doing everything in their power to destroy the constitution anyway!!!!
    With the way things are headed, I doubt the Constitution will even matter. It will be just another thing that you read in a history book with virtually no practical use outside a classroom setting.

Just ask the drivers of the two cars who got sent to secondary screening at the "internal checkpoint", yesterday morning. What about the people who drive junkers in my neighborhood?

What constitutes probable cause is getting vaguer and vaguer.

Device(s)
    bb tour
    Carrier(s)
    alltel/ATN
    Feedback Score
    This is being blown way out of proprtion. The Michigan state police have stated they have never and do not intend to ever use this device without a warrant or the owners permission. Just because they might do something doesn't mean they will. They all carry guns and might shoot random innocent people too but there is no evidence to prove that they intend to do so. The ACLU is just bored and wants to waste some taxpayer money making the state police defend an action they never even took. This is the kind of like hollering wolf, it winds up making the serious civil liberties complaints get taken less seriously.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app
    what is this new feature, and how can I manipulate it in order to make myself seem superior to those around me?

Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (current)
    Feedback Score
    Guys, this *has* been challenged. And we the people lost. In California, at least:
    <LINK>
    The next time you're in California, you might not want to bring your cell phone with you. The California Supreme Court ruled Monday that police can search the cell phone of a person who's been arrested -- including text messages -- without obtaining a warrant, and use that data as evidence.
    I have a bit of hope in that California has always been loopy when it comes to protecting citizen's rights (and MUCH more aggressive on behalf of non-citizens). But I also know that states tend to have a Lemmings attitude about personal rights once one of them breaks down the wall.
    -+-
    RØß
    O/Siris
    ~+~
    A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792

Copyright Law isn't just about filesharing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2