Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What are some decent phones I can esn swap to an old Sero basic $30 plan?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    VM
    Feedback Score

What are some decent phones I can esn swap to an old Sero basic $30 plan?

Can you guys let me know what phones I can put on a basic $30 SERO plan?

I currently have a LG lotus, and I'm beyond tired of it. I'd like something more like a smart phone, or as smart as I can get on this plan.

Thanks,
    Justin

Device(s)
    Nexus 5x
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Touch Pro2 is the last smartphone you can get on the $30 SERO. Anything else will require a move to SERO Premium for another $10/mo.

Feedback Score
    Touch pro2 is so much improvement from lotus, grab it

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I think you need to decide what you want your phone to do. If it's primarily voice and texting, the TouchPro2, or any other smartphone, may be more than you need.
    SERO 1250+
    SERO 500+
    HTC One
    iPhone 5S
    BB 9900

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    The Rumor Touch is certainly better than a Lotus.
    Otherwise you're looking at "legacy" smartphones. Yes, the TP2 is the pinnacle of those, but, a Centro, for example, is a very good, easy to use, solid legacy smartphone that runs rings around a phone like the Lotus. A Moto Q9c is also a solid smartphone -- both are a bit more manageable (and less hefty) than a TP2.

A Touch is also pretty good and can run Android very well.

Device(s)
    Samsung Upstage
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I've been running a Touch with Android, and it's solid. That said, I think I'm biting the bullet and getting a Nexus S.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    The Rumor Touch is certainly better than a Lotus.
    Otherwise you're looking at "legacy" smartphones. Yes, the TP2 is the pinnacle of those, but, a Centro, for example, is a very good, easy to use, solid legacy smartphone that runs rings around a phone like the Lotus. A Moto Q9c is also a solid smartphone -- both are a bit more manageable (and less hefty) than a TP2.

A Touch is also pretty good and can run Android very well.
    +1 on your recommendation for the Palm Centro. It's very stable, very well organized, has apps available for various social networking sites like facebook, supports slingbox, can be tethered, and many other things I'm sure I haven't mentioned.

My biggest issue with the TP2 and Moto Q9c is Windows Mobile. The old versions of that OS are so buggy and slow that it made my user experience a nightmare. I gave up on both of those phones and returned them less than a week after buying them.

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    when I saw this thread, I was going to suggest the centro my self. I've used one for years; even went to the palm pro for a while, which is more sophisticated, I guess, but finally went back to the centro as a backup. It is such a straight forward little phone; they are available all over ebay from new to used. the reception, the volumn, etc, is as good or better as any phone. Mine is hooked to a great sero plan. I just bought another sero line for my epic, which I also like a lot, but, I appreciate the simplicity of the centro more and more. also, if I drop it, or etc, it's a $30 vs whatever the epic insurance replacement is.

Another thing, the centro can be locked to roam, which is a must in a spotty coverage area that am in. The Epic can't be locked, easily, anyway, and while the epic handles the roam thing pretty well, the centro can be made to handle roaming to my best advantage.

Feedback Score

How did you add another Sero $30 plan recently?

I dropped a 2nd Sero plan I had in December, and tried to get it back in May but it was not allowed past the 45 days following the drop. How did you get another please?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Go with the TP2. I have one I'm going to sell since I upgraded to SP.

Feedback Score
    My Centro was stolen. The Sprint store told me that any smart phone, including a different Centro, would cost $10 more per month. I just called the customer service (the 888-876-8381 number posted here) and she told me that I'd have to upgrade to Sero premium and then pay a $10 premium data add-on for any Android or Windows 7 phone. For example, she said the LG Optimus would cost $20 more per month. She said I could get the Samsung Replenish for $10 more per month because the premium data fee was waived. She said the LG Rumor Touch wouldn't cost any extra per month (no Sero premium needed). I'm wondering if she is correct. Anyone know what is correct?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by imdoug View Post
    My Centro was stolen. The Sprint store told me that any smart phone, including a different Centro, would cost $10 more per month. I just called the customer service (the 888-876-8381 number posted here) and she told me that I'd have to upgrade to Sero premium and then pay a $10 premium data add-on for any Android or Windows 7 phone. For example, she said the LG Optimus would cost $20 more per month. She said I could get the Samsung Replenish for $10 more per month because the premium data fee was waived. She said the LG Rumor Touch wouldn't cost any extra per month (no Sero premium needed). I'm wondering if she is correct. Anyone know what is correct?
    Interesting question. From what others are saying, it sounds like any smartphone would be an extra $10. If you want a 4G phone, then that's an extra $10 on top of everything else (so total $20 extra/mo). I'm guessing the rep didn't know what she's talking about. I went to a Sprint kiosk and the girl there was telling me stuff but I could tell she had no idea what SERO was.

Feedback Score
    Centro used to be available on regular $30 Sero. I have Sprint Touch, purchased with $30 Sero. I have been told that TP2 is the most advanced SmartPhone that is allowable on straight $30 Sero. More advanced SmartPhones require more $. I still have the Touch and the $30 Sero.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tello 1GB + 100m, unl txt
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like HTC Snap... blackberry fake, good battery life, cheap phone. No wifi, but other than that, you can tether, use it pretty efficiently etc. 20 bucks on eBay.

Feedback Score
    I think this is true. There may be more information on this over at sprintusers. Basically the issue is that the only smartphones that can be used on $30 SERO are ones that were activated prior to a certain date.

Any new activation, even Treo, +$10

Any Android, BBerry, +$10

Anything 4G, +$10 (for a total of +$20)

Sent from my MB612 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast