Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Small 3G handset (no, I mean REALLY small)

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    The S III Mini looks to be very similar in specs to the Blaze on T-Mobile.
    Specs? What specs?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog...alaxy-premier/

I recalled reading 5 megapixel camera, 4" screen (presumably 800x480), dual-core processor. Which is basically the Blaze, or a dual-core Nexus S.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Those aren't real specs -- just the same unsubstantiated rumours of other sites, stated with slightly more dodgy language. I'm hoping for something along the lines of the Samsung Galaxy Pocket (http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...s5300-4612.php), but with SIII-generation electronics and NA 3G frequencies.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    When normal becomes 4.7", mini has a rather wide range of possibilities :-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When normal becomes 4.7", mini has a rather wide range of possibilities :-)
    That's true. :-) However, many models with screens in the range of 3" to 3.2" have been made, within the last year. Most of them has some deal-breaker such as added thickness or hard corners that undo their pocketability. The Samsung Pocket and the Nokia Asha 311 shows that someone is still thinking about this. They just aren't delivering here and now. In the meantime, my Nexus S keeps being good enough to just keep using.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    As suspected. It's basically a Blaze / smaller GS2 / dual core Nexus S with Jellybean.

http://phandroid.com/2012/10/10/sams...-details-leak/

In case there is any confusion, it’s the smaller of the two phones pictured (I kid, you already knew that). The site also claims the phone will feature an 800×480 display resolution, a 1GHz STE U8420 chipset, 1GB RAM, and a 5MP camera. Pricing is said to be around 399 euros, but we’ll know the official deets as of tomorrow.
    And you know when Samsung puts out a 4" 800x480 display it's bound to be PenTile.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    As suspected. It's basically a Blaze / smaller GS2 / dual core Nexus S with Jellybean.
    You were right. This is definitely NOT the small handset that I want. It's not even in the same league of smallness as the Galaxy Pocket, which Samsung released earlier this year.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    You were right. This is definitely NOT the small handset that I want. It's not even in the same league of smallness as the Galaxy Pocket, which Samsung released earlier this year.
    And also not in the same league of specs as the SGS3 itself. They're cheapening the brand by calling this III.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1058...-a-smartphone1

3.5 inch, rugged, dual core. Not super slim but I guess the ruggedness is part of that. HVGA screen only.

Feedback Score
    If not carrier available, you may have to hunt it with online phone dealers.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yep. I already saw the Xperia Go and commented on it in the Fido forum. I'd have gotten it as a backup phone with my FidoDollars if it had been available a little earlier. However, The Go is still only incrementally smaller than my current Nexus S. Check out these specs...

Nexus S: 123.9 x 63 x 10.9 mm, 129 g
    Xperia Go: 111 x 60.3 x 9.8 mm, 110 g
    Galaxy Pocket: 103.7 x 57.5 x 12 mm, 97 g
    Samsung P300: 86 x 54 x 8.9 mm, 85 g

I am still looking a thinner, newer North American version of the Samsung Galaxy Pocket or smaller.

I gave away my P300 to someone who was visiting from out of the country, that they might see it put to better use. Its mere presence as something I could not effectively use here tormented me.

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: Small 3G handset (no, I mean REALLY small)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rich96 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I followed Modu for a long time, when the Modu 1 was their only model and the Web site had a huge selection of jackets for it, which I surmise were mostly not in production. I knew that the company went out of business in early 2011, but not that it had put out the 3G Modu T in late 2010. I am not sure if new buyers are getting leftover stock or if production has resumed.

Either way, both Modu handsets seem to lack any consistent positive feedback. It's sad to see. The Modu T outwardly seems to fit so many of the parameters for the small phone that I want, but I don't have any reason to believe that: a) I could actually get one, and b) that it would work in an even remotely satisfactory way.

Come on, Samsung Pocket for NA...

Carrier(s)
    StarHub
    Feedback Score
    I think the Nokia X3-02 best fits the parameters, although I recommend shutting off the haptic touchscreen feedback. The corners are not particularly sharp. The number pad is nonstandard in order to make the phone a little more compact.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes, that X3-02 is a good suggestion. Thank you. The reviews on gsmarena are fairly negative regarding product quality. However, my use would only be occasional. It doesn't appear to be for sale from carriers here, but if I see a used one locally, I'll check it out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast