Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why I HATE The Apple iPhone 4...

Carrier(s)
    • Verizon Wireless •
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Why I HATE The Apple iPhone 4...

I have had FOUR iPhone 4's so far...not because I had any problem with any of them, but because after doing my back-and-forth between the iPhone 4 and BlackBerry and some other phones, I have finally conceded that right now the iPhone 4 is simply the best mobile device out there...period.

...and that pretty much pisses me off!

I would love to carry on my normal "mobile phone OCD" which has had me switching phones every time the wind changes direction. I would really love to go back to the BlackBerry, because there is still a warm place in my heart for BB...even though RIM is seriously behind the tech-times. I would really love to try an Android phone...but none of them are as smooth and reliable as the iOS is on the iPhone, none have the battery life the iPhone 4 has, and none are as future-proof (there's a new HTC Android phone every 24-hours!!!) as the iPhone 4.

...and those things pretty much piss me off!!

Frankly, I HATE the iPhone 4 because it is simply better than the rest...in maturity of the OS, in build quality, in absolutely amazing simplicity and reliablity...it's still number one! You have to give Apple credit where credit is due...they "hit it" with the iPhone. It has been the phone that has abruptly stopped my searching for the next "best phone". Amazing.

And, although the coming offerings from BlackBerry, Motorola & HTC look nice in the next few months...

I'll probably upgrade to the iPhone 5 when it drops, simply because of everything I said above!

Anybody else HATE the iPhone for the reasons I do?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Nope, I think you're pretty weird. My wife and I love our iP's for pretty much the reasons you listed above.
    iPhone 6 64GB Space Gray, iOS 8.1.2 stock
    iPhone 5 32GB Black, iOS 7.0.4 stock
    Week 43 3GS 16GB Black, iOS 5.1.1 stock, preserved 05.13.04 BB

Carrier(s)
    • Verizon Wireless •
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloFriendsX View Post
    iPhone 4 track you location
    SJ: we dont we dont google does
    They both do. No biggie...I don't go anyplace that I'm afraid of being tracked to.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    No I hate my Iphone 4 because it drops so many calls.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 VZW
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    LOVE my iphone 4!!!!... (i guess i could say i hate my at&t iphone 4 - but that was because of, well, at&t... not the iphone 4 itself.... on VZW... the iphone 4 is a MUCH better experience... it actually works as a PHONE now too... )

OP - you have issues... seriously man... get some help or some pills or something...

> Clearnet PCS: Nokia 6188 (1999)

-> Bell : Nokia 6185 -> Motorola ST7867W (99-01)

--> AT&T: Nokia 6360 -> Nokia 6200 - (01-04)

---> Verizon: LG VX6000 -> Motorola E815 - (04-07)

----> Cingular/AT&T: Samsung Blackjack -> 8525 -> RAZR V3xx -> iPhone (RIP) -> iPhone 3GS - (Jan 07-Dec 09)

-----> T-Mobile: iPhone 3GS (unlock) -> Nexus One -> 9700 - (Dec 09-Jun 10 )

------> AT&T: iPhone 4 -> iPhone 3GS - (Jun '10-Mar '11)

-------> Verizon: iPhone4 - (Mar '11-TBD)

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclearjack View Post
    No I hate my Iphone 4 because it drops so many calls.
    Moving to a Verizon iPhone solved that problem for me. Since I switched I haven't dropped a single call.

Then again when my now retired AT&T iPhone was roaming in Canada, it didn't drop calls either.
    Last edited by mch; 04-27-2011 at 10:40 AM.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 VZW
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    Moving to a Verizon iPhone solved that problem for me. Since I switched I haven't dropped a single call.
    +1

(10 char... bla bla bla...)

Device(s)
    iPhone X/8+, Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I am in the same boat. I keep trying to find something different and keep coming back. It makes it too simple to get work done and have entertainment for travel. Just ordered an iPad today to join that train too.

Feedback Score
    I hate many things about my iPhone 4. Please don't be a hater. I use an iPhone because I do think it's the best phone out there but it does fall short in many ways - especially email.

1. I can't do things on it that I could do 10 years ago on a Treo Phone such as have different signature files for different email accounts, the ability to change the tone when new emails are received, the ability to attach a document to an email reply (without the use of 3rd party apps).
    2. I have my phone password protected so why can't I turn off the irritating slider
    3. I miss BB messenger
    4. The notes tab in Contacts does not recognize telephone numbers entered as part of notes.
    5. I miss the ability to have multiple ringtone themes as in the Blackberry where I could set very detailed themes that would allow me to customise every notification in an endless number of ways.

Finally I hate the way Steve Jobs feels it's his job to decide what is best for iPhone and iPad users.

If there are ways to correct any of these things I'd love to see tips and recommendations.

You did ask!
    wcameron

BB9700 on Telus Network

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    I have finally conceded that right now the iPhone 4 is simply the best mobile device out there...period.
    I agree, while it does have its shortcomings as others have mentioned, its currently the best IMO. I've tried to use Android phones, but that constant lag in the OS drives me crazy, reminds me of Mac OS 10.0.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I love my verizon iphone also, but I also miss a few things from android. As stated above the email is just far behind times and the interface is very dated and I miss adobe flash. On the good side tho the battery life is amazing, the incredible I had could barely make it through the day with minimal use and extended battery. Everything works as advertised and signal strength is very good.

Device(s)
    Note 5 , Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by speed4tu View Post
    I love my verizon iphone also, but I also miss a few things from android. As stated above the email is just far behind times and the interface is very dated and I miss adobe flash. On the good side tho the battery life is amazing, the incredible I had could barely make it through the day with minimal use and extended battery. Everything works as advertised and signal strength is very good.
    i agree, i miss alot of things that the android offers that steve jobs wont let on the iphone!! shows how smart he isnt!!!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

ebay feedback above

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike656 View Post
    I agree, while it does have its shortcomings as others have mentioned, its currently the best IMO. I've tried to use Android phones, but that constant lag in the OS drives me crazy, reminds me of Mac OS 10.0.
    You get the right Android phone, there is no lag, my Galaxy S 4g never lags, and neither does my G2x.. My G1 also regularly outperformed my iPhone 2G and 3G, and my G2 easily outperformed my 3Gs and 4
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"
    Sprint: Premium Unlimited (for 100GB hotspot!)

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S 64GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I feel the exact same way. I don't get excited about other phones because I know I won't switch to them. I've owned every iPhone out there. But I've always kept a backup because while I loved iOS it still was missing so much. Now don't get me wrong iOS is still missing a few thing. I really wish it had flash. But ever since the iPhone 4 and iOS 4 came out I'm hooked. This is absolutely the beat phone that I have ever owned. I love it so much that I've sold every other phone I've owned. This is the first time since 05' that I've only had 1 phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by speed4tu View Post
    ... and I miss adobe flash...
    not for long apparently.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast