Thread: Employee price plans

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Employee price plans

It amazes me what kind of plans are offered to employees of Rogers and affiliated dealers.

My last job got into a sales price plan which cost about $15 per month and included unlimited data, 3000 weekday minutes, unltd eve/wkends at 5pm, 3000 text msgs (sent, unltd received messages, call display and voice mail.

Considering friends of mine pay well over $100 for their plans it makes me wonder how much Rogers is taking many Canadians to the cleaners.

If you work or have worked for Rogers, I'd like to know what your plan includes and how much you paid.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using the Rogers Wireless 3G+ network.

Broadcast Industry Analyst

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    A few years ago I used to pay $6.95 + $10 for data. I believe I had roughly the same as you. Full time corporate employees get 50% off their services but if you have 2 + cellphones, they need to be on the same family plan to both get the discount. Third party employees get 40% off wireless and usually a good deal on their cable/internet. However the idea behind demo lines and employee discounts is it's an incentive to working for Rogers, indirectly or directly. They are usually used to bring in business. Each provider takes Canadians to the cleaners. Hopefully competition changes it but I don't think it is related to how Rogers treats their own / affiliated employees at all.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It helps to pause and not think of it as 'taking Canadians to the cleaners' and remember that it's more to do with 'E-sat' - Employee Satisfaction. Especially in wireless where turnover is high, having good benefits/perks is what encourages employees to stay on and want to move up in the company.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    DH i had the same plan as u. was great!!!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Yeah I can't remember how much data it was. I have a feeling it was 400mb, or something when most people had 4mb lol

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    A few years ago I used to pay $6.95 + $10 for data. I believe I had roughly the same as you. Full time corporate employees get 50% off their services but if you have 2 + cellphones, they need to be on the same family plan to both get the discount. Third party employees get 40% off wireless and usually a good deal on their cable/internet. However the idea behind demo lines and employee discounts is it's an incentive to working for Rogers, indirectly or directly. They are usually used to bring in business. Each provider takes Canadians to the cleaners. Hopefully competition changes it but I don't think it is related to how Rogers treats their own / affiliated employees at all.
    Very, Very true. I used to work for Telus Mobility and they gave all their employees completely unlimited demo lines for only a deduction of $7.50 of every paycheck which was really nice. DH is right, demo lines given by companies is to bring in customers to store as we demo data features, apps, call settings, etc, etc. I've been working in the cellular industry for many years now and in my honest opinion they all try and clean your pockets for at least that first three year contract which at that point you can negotiate your services with their retention teams and see what you can get. With all the competition coming and rumors of some american companies crossing over our soil it's gonna be a very interesting couple of years I think.