Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Remembering the great Symbian phones of the past

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Some of the Nokia Symbian phones just had a tremendous "hand presence." Looked good and felt good. Plus they always worked and got great RF reception. Plus they did things nobody else's phones did and were the forerunner of today's smartphones.

Quote Originally Posted by amylyn1970 View Post
    Ok, I'm pretty much a phone whore. I didn't realize how many Nokia's I've had until I looked up Nokia phones on phonescoop. Wow, I had quite a few, plus many other brands, but loved most of my Nokia's more than most other brands. I have an N8 on the way right now. Will be here on Tuesday. I've missed Nokia. Here is my list.

918 w/ Bell Atlantic Mobile was my first. Then I switched to AT&T.
    3650 (loved that phone)
    1st N-Gage
    E61
    N80
    N73 (Still have but has water damage & doesn't work)
    N75 (Still have but don't use)
    6085 (Husband had, still has but doesn't use)
    6126 (Still have for backup in case I'm without a phone, plus I loved it & just can't get rid of it even though it doesn't have 3G)
    E75 (Hated-horrible reception)
    N97 (Hated-horrible reception)

Looking forward to getting my green N8. Hope I don't have any problems with it. I miss Nokia. I have a Motorola Bravo right now and although I like Android, this phone is starting to get really buggy and make me mad. Almost threw it across the room several times!

Feedback Score
    Wow, can't believe my two-year old thread is still alive !

I actually had to use my E71 as a phone for a week when my Android phone went for repair. Definitely a bit of a nostalgia trip. I couldn't find the cable to connect to my PC and I wanted to listen to some podcasts. I actually realized for the first time that there was a podcast app installed which I could use to download them. I found it amusing that five years on the E71 still could surprise me in a good way.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I enjoyed my experience with the N97 and still love that flip... and that QWERTY and the left side Dpad perfect for vNES. Ah what might have been. That N950 form factor with the N8's camera and flash was always on my wish list.
    ---
    "No matter where you go, there you are."

Quote Originally Posted by sjhong
    The 3.5 inch touch screen, the 32Gb internal memory and the qwerty keyboard are features I can no longer live without.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, iP5S, GS4...
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Good to see the love for Symbian still alive... I truly miss all the Nokia devices I owned..

Am looking to get one just for keepsakes... Was wondering which one is better... The N8 or N9 for use in the US [mostly] ... ?

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks
    My World Phone dot com is a VERY SHADY seller. Click here for details

My Toys: '10 M5 : '12 Blown LS7 : iP5S : GS4 : Nexus N4 : N95-4 : E71-2 [Sold]

Feedback Score

Nokia 5233, used it for two years, felt good for the first year, and bad for the last year, going to drop it.

Device(s)
    Note 8, LG Xpression 2
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity, Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    My first phone when I went and got a individual plan was nokia 6133 the phone that is my avatar. My experience with Symbian is very limited because I was trying it out for the last 2 years. It was to see what all the fuss was about years ago. I bought a used N95 us model that had a bad flex cable. It is the first and only phone I paid to get repaired at a phone shop. I got a used flex cable and had it for a while I then got a E73 that was a blast to use. I even decided to get a Spotify subscription because I wanted to stream music on the phone. I thank symbian because I would have never gotten the service because if there was pandora on Symbian. I then got a e63 as backup for the E73. Then I liked Nokia so much I went back to Windows phone and then back to Android again. I change phones like I change underwear so how knows I may go back to Symbian I still have the N95 for my world phone.

Feedback Score
    ipad mini could on different carries?

Feedback Score
    my first Nokia is a small phone, I forget the type number, it is black. second one is 5230. Nokia is in my memory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4