Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: How to with the LG800G

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KamL288 View Post
    I have a tracfone LG800. I have a problem to download the music from my computer to my phone. I got the micro sm card inserted in the phone and connect to my computer, it shows the removable disc E, but it didn't show the my_music folder. I drag the music file to the drive. But it didn't shoe on my phone's music file
    Is it seeing anything else on your SD card? The phone will only handle a 4GB SD card - no higher.

Feedback Score

remove unsent message icon

(in case someone doesn't know) i sent a message but it failed, and the icon for it showed at the top. i wanted to remove the icon, but didn't know how, so i went to my message menu, and saw there were two messages in the outbox. i deleted them both, and the icon disappeared.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    That's what happens.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twl845 View Post
    That's what happens.
    (in case someone doesn't know)
    ----------

Feedback Score
    I try using opera mini 6.5 to read my hotmail e-mails. The inbox view is readable but not the e-mail. When I click on an e-mail, it displays the e-mail in a very tiny font. Anyway I can zoom in?
    Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Have you checked to see if there is any difference if you use the newer version Opera Mini 7.0? I'm not that familiar with hotmail on Opera Mini so I don't know what areas of hotmail you can zoom on but you could play with changing the font size settings in Opera Mini settings and see if that would help make it more readable. Good luck.

Feedback Score

remove voicemail error icon (envelope with red exclamation)

if you want to remove your voicemail error icon (envelope with the red exclamation point), delete your messages. i'm not sure if you must delete your outbox messages, but you can try them first, then wait a little to see if the icon disappears. otherwise, delete the inbox ones, then wait a little.

the cs rep wanted me to 'master reset' the phone, but he said it may delete all images and contacts. i'm always for the least intrusive way to fix the error. this icon appeared when cs reset my voicemail, since i didn't have the password to enter voicemail.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I just purchased my second LG800G (got triple minutes on the second one) and want to transfer the information that's on the first 800 to the second 800. Thanks to posts on this forum I have managed to transfer the contacts to the second 800 (via bluetooth) but am still trying to find a way to transfer the text messages to the new 800. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

Les

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    As far as I've been able to figure out SMS/MMS is stuck on the phone.
    Some can be put on a SIM (inbox?), read on a PC, then copied to a different SIM.

Feedback Score

External Storage

Is there any method for forcing the use of external storage with the camera app, during Bluetooth transfers, etc.? It appears that the only way is to connect as a mass storage device.

Feedback Score
    There is no way to access the internal memory by using a cable. This is to prevent hacking. If you want to use a cable, you will have to put your pictures onto the memory card. The camera settings have a selection for where you want to store your pictures. If your pictures are already in the wrong place, you can transfer them.

If you use bluetooth, you can access more things than with a cable. You can get OBEX Commander for your computer to simplify things.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcom View Post
    Is there any method for forcing the use of external storage with the camera app
    I'm pretty sure you can set the camera to use the SD card as the default location.
    (I know you can on the LG500G and it's very similar)

Feedback Score
    Could anyone tell me please the size of the touch pad keys on the screen LG800G?
    Last edited by alboym; 08-06-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can set the camera to use the SD card as the default location.
    (I know you can on the LG500G and it's very similar)
    Thanks. The Camera option is called 'Select Storage'. That works fine.

Carrier(s)
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcom View Post
    Thanks. The Camera option is called 'Select Storage'. That works fine.
    Just FYI, on the LG800G there are three default storage settings to force things to be stored on the memory card, one is under the camera settings for pictures, one is under the video settings for videos, and the third is under the Settings>Phone>Memory Info>Primary Storage Setting which seems to direct music files and apps to the memory card.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast