Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which retro phones can be activated on Pageplus?

Feedback Score

Which retro phones can be activated on Pageplus?

I was thinking about getting a StarTAC, but I wanted to know if there are any other options. The only things I will be using this phone for are calling and text messaging. I'm basically looking for a quality phone that gets good reception with a retro design, probably a brick style phone.

I really would just like to use my MicroTAC, but that's simply not possible. Are there any phones available for Pageplus with a similar design?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wow. Are you even sure they will allow such an old phone to be activated? I mean the last time I tried to activate an old phone with Verizon, they refused because that phone, my first cell phone, a Kyocera 5135 by the way, did not support the new enhanced 911 system.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S7, Verizon Unlimited

Feedback Score
    Looks like 8 of the 11 phones I see on their sight are flip phones, a couple have the retro look but are anything but retro.

ST to IPhone http://goo.gl/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://goo.gl/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://goo.gl/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Feedback Score
    I activated the Kyocera 2235 which was Verizon's first "3G" (when 1xrtt was considered that) phone from 2001 about a year ago. It is so old that it has no e911 capability which is why Verizon prepaid wouldn't allow me to activate it. But Page Plus would and did.

If the phone is a dual band 850/1900mhz cdma phone, no matter how old, I'm sure it'd work on Page Plus.

Feedback Score
    I believe PPC does not have to enforce e911; thus any CDMA phone could potentially be activated.
    How is it that we give up houses, businesses and bank accounts when we want a divorce but can't part with a couple of hundred bucks to find cellphone bliss?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Cool. Too bad I lost my little Kyocera....otherwise I might have had to activate it also then. LOL

Device(s)
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Feedback Score
    I have a Verizon Star Tac that I activated on Page Plus. It's a thing of beauty!! You want a dual band DIGITAL model (Analog would activate but there are no more analog towers.) My model is ST7868W. It's mint, and I got it with all the accessories for $5 at a flea market.
    iPhone 7 Plus - Sprint SERO
    iPhone 6 Plus - Altice (testing)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That's awesome. Do people do a double-take when you use your phone? LOL. Startac was the bomb.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Feedback Score
    the Page Plus network WILL allow non E911 handsets as long as you have direct access to the network (as any authorized retailer would). I currently use a startac 7868W as my business phone. I am just a retro kind of fella, and I am 100% against having a GPS unit in my phone (I play the original Nintendo every day). I can activate any non E911 handset as long as it is CDMA dual band and has been previously active on the Verizon network. I know that there are many Americans out there who are offended by the knowledge that they can be located at any moment by way of the GPS on their phone. If this is you, do not call customer service, call me on my startac! My number is 702-375-3673. Have your ESN ready, activation will take between 2 and 10 minutes, and we offer good plans (unlimited talk and text for $34.95 a month is our most popular).
    Last edited by icebook; 07-14-2011 at 11:49 PM. Reason: removed offending material

Device(s)
    LG Volt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wagon View Post
    I know that there are many Americans out there who are offended by the knowledge that they can be located at any moment by way of the GPS on their phone.
    I have bad news for you. It doesn't matter whether your phone has a gps unit or not. As long as it is connecting to cellular towers, your carrier and law enforcement can tell exactly where you are, and can track you if they are so inclined. The only way you can avoid that is to abandon your cell phone or (maybe) turn your phone completely off.

Feedback Score

Really

They can tell what tower you are using, but for them to find a phone would require manpower and triangulation. They would have a general idea where you are, but they'd at least have to work for it. No constant updates of current latitude and longitude positions. And it is just the coolest phone ever, can't I be left alone in my imaginary James Bond world? LOL!

Feedback Score
    OOPS, and the price of our unlimited plan is $44.95, damn had to clear that up before someone got disappointed.

Feedback Score
    Very sweet, I had to pay $17.00 on Ebay, plus $6.00 shipping. Still well worth it, it is also mint and came with a battery that can hold out for 3 days if you take it easy on the talktime. My previous two phones were UT Starcom pocket pcs and could barely hold out through one day. I like having a phone that is just a phone. I even HATE text messaging. Um...let's use our......phones.......to communicate without..... talking. That is very brilliant and sensible, why don't we make voice recordings and send them back and forth through the postal service? Better still through Email!

Feedback Score
    sorry, that last post was in response to Johncase3's post.

Device(s)
    LG Volt, LG clamshell,
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus,T-Mo prepaid,Truphone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by telmesrin View Post
    I have bad news for you. It doesn't matter whether your phone has a gps unit or not. As long as it is connecting to cellular towers, your carrier and law enforcement can tell exactly where you are, and can track you if they are so inclined. The only way you can avoid that is to abandon your cell phone or (maybe) turn your phone completely off.
    .....or you could give the phone to some homeless person, the way Sandra Bullock did in "The Net".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast