Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MetroPCS is blocking some bandwidth intensive apps

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Indulge R910
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I've been searching forums about this very issue some people are bringing up about android only getting certain apps on certain phones. I was searching if the market can be tweaked to think you have a different phone. It must have some kind of internal ID like on the web pages. to tell it its a desktop or handset. I haven't found zilch... but that would be a nice tweak.
    Unlimit Yourself...MetroPCS

Feedback Score
    I want to know if Skype, Netflix and XiiaLive apps will work over MetroPCS 4G (no wi-fi). I'm considering getting the Samsung Galaxy Indulge. Even if Skype doesn't have video capability because of no front facing camera, I want to know if it at least works at all for voice calls. Also Google Voice Voicemail

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Netflix has nothing to do with network, you can get it to work, just not out of the box. Skype should work, as I dont see why it wouldn't, it works on the Ascend via wifi, and the indulge has LTE so it should. Google Voice works like a charm, as far as Xiialive, never heard of it, so I dont know. I would also wait to spend your money on the Indulge, and get the Bryce coming out soon
    Couldn't have said it better myself, very great analogy:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    But if the question is "Will my non-LTE phone magically increase in speed while on the MetroPCS network, since MetroPCS has turned on their faster LTE network?" -- the answer is no. Just like back in the 60's, the old black and white CRT TV's could not magically receive color broadcasts just because the networks started broadcasting in color. You had to have a new color TV to receive the wondrous color TV shows.

Device(s)
    HTC 10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyprx09 View Post
    I've been searching forums about this very issue some people are bringing up about android only getting certain apps on certain phones. I was searching if the market can be tweaked to think you have a different phone. It must have some kind of internal ID like on the web pages. to tell it its a desktop or handset. I haven't found zilch... but that would be a nice tweak.
    if you want apps that are blocked by your carrier (verizon does this with tethering apps...), turn on airplane mode, then turn on wifi and open the market. the market app may need to be restarted if it was opened recently.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for this tip!!!!

Sent from my LG-MS690 using HowardForums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2