Device(s)
    Blackberry 8703e
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel 4EVER
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Verizon Phone on Alltel account

Has anyone who used Alltel plans now or in the past able to put a verizon phone onto their alltel account, or did they not accept foreign esn's, historically speaking?

I've been able to activate alltel phones onto my alltel account (now at verizon, but I can still use the esn changer, yay! ) but when I tried to activate a verizon phone through *22898 they always direct me to support to change my plan. Haha, like that will ever happen !

Does this require QPST, unicdma, etc...?

It's almost to the point where the best phone I can possibly get on this plan is the blackberry 9650 (or maybe the Samsung Gem or HTC Merge if the New Alltel/ATNI-Atlantic-Tele-Network is the same programmatically as old Alltel phones)?

Here's a list of currently sold phones on the ATNI Alltel,

http://estore.alltelwireless.com/cel...0&setZip=29055

One other question, does the new rural-markets-targetting-only Alltel have roaming agreements with other carriers?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have an Alltel NF 900 family plan on Verizon. I have upgraded phones on some lines from Alltel to Verizon handsets. When I changed to a Verizon handset I had to change the text and data features for that line from the Alltel ones to the Verizon equivalents (usually at slightly higher cost). The voice plan did not change. I still have 12 My Circle numbers on a $59.99 voice plan. I did my upgrades on-line through "My Verizon". If you have a used Verizon handset from eBay or whatever, you'll have to call customer service to switch to the verizon text or data features when activating the Verizon handset.

royc

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8703e
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel 4EVER
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ok, thanks.

Let me clarify though, I want to know if there's a way to program or unlock a phone so it will look like an Alltel phone, and therefore, be usable on my original plan. I know the ESN is unmodifiable.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No. The ESN identifies the phone as an Alltel or Verizon handset to Verizon's network. Since you can't modify the ESN (illegal), it would do no good to flash a Verizon handset with Alltel software. The network would still think it was a Verizon handset (because the ESN identifies it as a Verizon handset) and insist on using Verizon text and data features.

royc