Thread: HTC Thunderbolt Issues w/ powering down intermitantly

Device(s)
    LG VX 8600-LG THE BEST
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

HTC Thunderbolt Issues w/ powering down intermitantly

I just purchased a 4g HTC Thunderbolt last week,. When using the device the phone with shut down and reboot with out it being request. This has happened 5 or 6 times since last Thursday. I callled verizon tech support and they had me do a factory reset. If the problem continues then I will be sent a new phone. I just wanted to know if anyone else has expierenced this issue and if so what can be done to correct it? Thanks
    This happens with the phone in use either using an app or just floating around the difference features. The battery is charged when this happens.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Random reboots is a known issue ever since they released the software update a little more than a week ago. Supposedly both Verizon and HTC is aware of the problem and is working on a fix for it (although one rumor I heard was that this will prompt HTC to release Gingerbread early for the TB). Most of the people that I have heard that had this problem (myself included) was able to fix the reboot problem by doing a factory reset. Although some people are continuing to report random reboots even after the factory reset.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Mine tends to reboot at least once a day and it's sometimes pretty frustrating.

I also have the major bug with wifi hotspot where the phone data connection will constantly cycle with disconnects and makes the hotspot useless.

Device(s)
    LG VX 8600-LG THE BEST
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i spoke with tech support and they had me to a reset. i guess i will monitor it to see if it continues. the rep didnt seem aware of the powering down issue and was ready to send me a new phone! are u at all familar if i am in a 4 g area should the 4 g service be floating in andf out of 4 and 3 g service? thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jared845 View Post
    the rep didnt seem aware of the powering down issue and was ready to send me a new phone!
    And there's reason #9999945849 why we generally say most reps are clueless. A blind monkey could google search and determine that the random reboot problems are a widespread issue. That said, I've only had the issue where my parents live which is just outside of the extended 4G area west of Wilmington, NC where the signal isn't that great anyways and it would reboot once or twice a day. I've yet to have a reboot here in Raleigh though. My guess is it's a radio/tower issue.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    After the OTA update I started have alot of random reboots. The OTA was a bunch of crap as it really did not do much except maybe improve battery life. The GPS still sucks and the random reboots were occuring. Once i did a factory data reset though the GPS improved(although its still slow) and the random reboots have all but stoped. i think since the reset i have only had it happen twice. Lets hope this gets fixed quick.
    The US Department of Justice said today:

"AT&T could obtain substantially the same network enhancements that it claims will come from the transaction if it simply invested in its own network without eliminating a close competitor..."

It's The Network, That Never Stops Working For You.

Verizon Wireless Customer Council member since August 2006. Currently Testing: Motorola Droid Bionic