HTC Trophy
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

HTC Trophy Release Thread

Well guys its here finally released

http://phones.verizonwireless.com/htc/trophy/

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=5635

HTC Trophy is a global Windows Phone 7 device for Verizon Wireless. It has a 1GHz processor, 3.8" WVGA display, 5MP Autofocus camera with LED flash, 720p video recording, 16GB of on-board memory, 576MB RAM / 512MB ROM , FM Radio, and will support DLNA.

After months of delays, false launch dates, and executive noncommittals, the HTC Trophy is finally now available for online order from Verizon Wireless for $150 with 2-year agreement, after $50 mail-in rebate. Verizon is also offering free overnight shipping so you can get your Trophy stat.
    We have also finally learned the final details of the free Xbox 360 game deal. Trophy owners will need to go to www.freexboxgamenow.com and enter a code that’s on your phone packaging. You will then choose from three games (Halo:Reach, Kinect Sports or Lode Runner), and the game will be shipped out in “6 to 8 weeks”. Lame.
    With the release of the HTC Trophy on Verizon, Windows Phone 7 is now on all four of the major wireless carriers in the United States.

http://wmpoweruser.com/award-yoursel...available-now/
    http://www.twitter.com/sedp23

Windows Phone 7 >>>>> iPhone & Android

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm looking forward to hear some user reviews of the trophy.
    I wanted to see it for myself, so stopped by my local verizon store and played around a bit. I really wanted to see the browser in action, but alas it had no data connection. There was no wifi within range either so I had to be content with going thru the menus. I do like the whole fluidity of the device, very smooth transitions. I hope to see a release down the road more of a touch pro2 style with that famously fantastic kb. Now that would be sweet. I realize I'm in the minority by not cuddlin' up to the whole touch screen experience. For the most part I'm ok with it until it comes to the kb. I really need that physical feedback. It's way to easy for me to mistype on a virtual and that just bogs me down, even with the auto correct features and word predictions, just drives me nuckin' futs those kb's. I like the platform tho and will investigate maybe picking one up when a real kb comes with it. Who knows, by then maybe it will be LTE equipted. That'd be Sweet

Device(s)
    HTC Trophy
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The browser is buttery smooth I love it I'm usually a physical qwerty guy but this touch screen is amazing I love it. There's a few features I miss but alot of those are coming with the new update this fall. I'll be upgrading to the newer 4g models with front facing cameras whenever they come I'm prepared to pay full retail.
    The os is off to a great start and the fb integration is killer. I highly recommend it

I just say every feature is not here yet its a new os give it time to grow and update..the mango update this fall has over 500 new features and should make everyone happy

Sent from my mwp6985 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Device(s)
    HTC Trophy w/Mango
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
    The browser is buttery smooth I love it I'm usually a physical qwerty guy but this touch screen is amazing I love it. There's a few features I miss but alot of those are coming with the new update this fall. I'll be upgrading to the newer 4g models with front facing cameras whenever they come I'm prepared to pay full retail.
    The os is off to a great start and the fb integration is killer. I highly recommend it

I just say every feature is not here yet its a new os give it time to grow and update..the mango update this fall has over 500 new features and should make everyone happy

Can you check and see if it still connects without the sim?
    AT&T Sim in my Dell Precision with an HSPA 7.2 card. . . . And my Comcast. . .

Feedback Score

Anything in particular that stands out in terms of what you think is missing or isn't quite done as well currently?

Device(s)
    HTC Trophy
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C DM View Post
    Anything in particular that stands out in terms of what you think is missing or isn't quite done as well currently?
    I've got one:

WP7 doesn't seem to support custom ringtones. I've been looking around for a solution online, but it looks like you need to have the SDK if you want to do it, and I don't feel like buying a developer kit just to listen to Weird Al when my phone rings. :-)

Also...Zune plays on the phone don't seem to count towards my playcount on the PC, which is a little weird. When you play songs on your Zune, they upload to the PC whenever you charge it. Not the case with the phone....strange.

This device is great though, I replaced my Droid2 with it and I'm loving all the Xbox Live games I can play now. UI works great, it sucked down all my Droid contacts from Google without me even prompting, and I love the tiles on the main screen. All I need now is some Angry Birds (coming next month) and I'm set.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDee View Post
    Can you check and see if it still connects without the sim?
    It's a world phone and the only reason for the sim is for out of country use on a gsm network. Removing it shouldn't make any diff in the USA.

Device(s)
    HTC Trophy
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    theres only a few minor things that i can live without like the Custom Ringtones and multitasking because i know those are coming in the fall with the mango update

i miss being able to use it as a mass storage device, and i miss a file explorer, and being able to download music, albums and mixtapes from my file hosting sites and add them to my library on the phone without needing a computer to do so .

i miss wifi tether a little because i was just starting to use it on my windows mobile but its cool. my complaints are only minor tho i love the phone. If your getting windows phone 7 u have to realize the os is just starting out and hasnt even been out a full year yet but they're off to a fantastic start great ui and i love the wireless sync with zune. Cant wait for the mango update theres suppose to be over 500 new features that it brings and loads of new api's available for developers

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Deadwrong, is there a screen sensitivity setting? I found when I tried one yesterday it seemed way to easy to make typing errors. Also, I looked in the app store under keyboard options and didn;t see anything better. How do you like the kb?
    Also, are you saying you can't tether with it at all or you need the verizon 2gb tether option?

Device(s)
    HTC Trophy
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I like the keyboard my only complaint is when u go to landscape mode it doesn't cover the width of the screen.

I haven't had any keyboards issues and haven't seen any sensitivity settings yet

Device(s)
    HTC Trophy w/Mango
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    It's a world phone and the only reason for the sim is for out of country use on a gsm network. Removing it shouldn't make any diff in the USA.
    I ask because Verizon does authentication for CDMA with the sim on the 4G phones :P

I would really appreciate it if a trophy owner can verify this.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDee View Post
    I ask because Verizon does authentication for CDMA with the sim on the 4G phones :P

I would really appreciate it if a trophy owner can verify this.
    The trophy is not 4G tho....

Feedback Score
    For those that have used the phone, a few questions about various HTC Trophy alerts/notifications--for things like missed calls, voicemails, SMS/MMS messages, emails, etc.:

1. For any of those items mentioned above, is there a way to have an alert/notification that not only appears on a live tile but in some other place, like a (preview) pop-up of some sort (perhaps even where you can read part of a message that was sent and/or see who called for a missed call)?

2. Is it possible to set any of these alerts/notifications to be repeatable? For example, if you have a missed call or a new text message, but you weren't by your phone when you got it, could you set things up so that it alerts you every few minutes or so if you wanted to?

3. There seems to be a notification LED present on the phone, is it used for anything else other than battery charging notifications (perhaps again for something like missed calls, voicemails, messages, etc.)? Is it configurable in any way?

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    i miss wifi tether a little
    I know the phone has no hot spot feature, but do you know if it can tether via the verizon add-on 2gb plan?

Device(s)
    HTC Trophy
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For those that have used the phone, a few questions about various HTC Trophy alerts/notifications--for things like missed calls, voicemails, SMS/MMS messages, emails, etc.:

1. For any of those items mentioned above, is there a way to have an alert/notification that not only appears on a live tile but in some other place, like a (preview) pop-up of some sort (perhaps even where you can read part of a message that was sent and/or see who called for a missed call)?

2. Is it possible to set any of these alerts/notifications to be repeatable? For example, if you have a missed call or a new text message, but you weren't by your phone when you got it, could you set things up so that it alerts you every few minutes or so if you wanted to?

3. There seems to be a notification LED present on the phone, is it used for anything else other than battery charging notifications (perhaps again for something like missed calls, voicemails, messages, etc.)? Is it configurable in any way?
    1. When a new text message comes through it pops up at the top of the screen u can read a little bit of the text but not the whole thing if u touch it it will take u to the text message so u can read it. I dont think theres a way to check for missed calls. On Android when something like a text comes u pull the taskbar down to see the notifications that u missed, on wp7 theres no way (that i've seen at least) to view missed notifications i remember reading theres no way to view missed notifications. once they pop up and then disappear they're gone. this needs to be fixed in mango

2. ill have to check again for that one but i didnt see anything on that when i first checked....

3. i havent seen any configuration settings for the LED, and i have new txts and emails now and theres no flashing or anything with the LED going on...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast