Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HTC EVO 3D Release Date Pegged for Fourth Week of June?

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

HTC EVO 3D Release Date Pegged for Fourth Week of June?

HTC EVO 3D Release Date Pegged for Fourth Week of June? [Leaked Document Reveals Potential Launch Window for the HTC EVO 3D, the First WiMAX-ready 3D-friendly Android Handset Coming to Sprint]
    Published by Chris Smith on 29 May, 2011 under Mobile/Cell Phones
    The HTC EVO 3D is apparently going to be launched in the fourth week of June, although there's no exact launch date for Sprint's upcoming 3D WiMAX Android flagship phone yet....

Read: HTC EVO 3D Release Date Pegged for Fourth Week of June? [Leaked Document Reveals Potential Launch Window for the HTC EVO 3D, the First WiMAX-ready 3D-friendly Android Handset Coming to Sprint] | TFTS
    http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/05/29/...nes+%28TFTS%29

The HTC EVO 3D is the successor of the HTC EVO 4G when it comes to flagship WiMAX-ready Android smartphones made for Sprint, but the phone also packs another neat trick under the hood, and that’s 3D support. The phone, which was roughly expected around June 4, will apparently be launched only in the fourth week of June in the USA.

Read: HTC EVO 3D Release Date Pegged for Fourth Week of June? [Leaked Document Reveals Potential Launch Window for the HTC EVO 3D, the First WiMAX-ready 3D-friendly Android Handset Coming to Sprint] | TFTS

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    They are quoting this article from androidcentral:

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...urth-week-june

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Oh-Well, no scoop today. But that thing has got to be freaky, don't you think? Might even draw some needed attention to Sprint.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Theyd be in real competition if the iphone 5 were to be released.......

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CA View Post
    Oh-Well, no scoop today. But that thing has got to be freaky, don't you think? Might even draw some needed attention to Sprint.
    It will most likely be sometime in the next 4 weeks anyway seeing how we are just a few days away from June. I think I'm not going to upgrade for another year unless something is offered sooner that is worthy and newly 1x-advanced capable(or EVO dies). I just had a warranty claim through HTC in which they replaced my EVO(no TEP).

Quote Originally Posted by Airfare View Post
    Theyd be in real competition if the iphone 5 were to be released.......
    iPhone 5 w/LTE

Device(s)
    Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I didnt think I would say this about an upgrade to an original...

But could the EVO line be the second brand where demand is just as strong for the follow up as it was for the original....I've been reading the blogs and forums sites and the anticipation for the 3D seems to be approaching it boiling point, can it get as high as it was for the original EVO? seems like it could. No phone other than iPhone as been able to create such hype for a follow up.

With that said, I'm wondering if Sprint is trying to gauge that hype and ride it to its peak, to try and recreate buzz, fanfare, and the lines as it did for the original EVO? It's easy to create Hype for a Revolutionary Original, but takes more skill to repeat that same level of hype with an Evolutionary Follow Up.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Are you kidding me, 3D in a phone is going to create a buzz. Imagine seeing someone in an elevator and the double takes he would get. I can see the game devs rethinking what they do too!

Feedback Score
    Evo 3d is launching into a much more crowded market. IIRC the original was the first (non WM) 4.3" device available. Now every carrier has some.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If I purchase a new contract with the Nexus S 4G now, and the Evo 3D comes out within a month, would I be able to exchange it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ensnare View Post
    If I purchase a new contract with the Nexus S 4G now, and the Evo 3D comes out within a month, would I be able to exchange it?
    Yes. You have 30 days to exchange it with no restocking fee when you activate a new line.

Sent from my PG06100 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Are you kidding me, 3D in a phone is going to create a buzz. Imagine seeing someone in an elevator and the double takes he would get. I can see the game devs rethinking what they do too!
    Ok well let me ask you another question do you believe the 3D will hold its own, that Sprint and HTC have created a solid brand that people are EVO-Loyalist? Or if Moto knocks one out the park on the 9th could that cut in to the 3D's hype machine? With out a iPhone the EVO 3D is the Phone of the summer to beat for sure...

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    If the 3D looks anything like the DS version its going to be downright laughable. The guy at gamestop was trying to show me the 3D on it and I could barely see any difference on things he was pointing out. You really had to stare and look for it.. and it didn't pop out of the screen either like some people think it is going to do.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lennyj17 View Post
    Ok well let me ask you another question do you believe the 3D will hold its own, that Sprint and HTC have created a solid brand that people are EVO-Loyalist? Or if Moto knocks one out the park on the 9th could that cut in to the 3D's hype machine? With out a iPhone the EVO 3D is the Phone of the summer to beat for sure...
    I'll tell you my opinion for whatever it's worth. Large screen phones are getting insane and betaPhones are second in the same line, to my mind 4 inches is ~a maximum size for the long run. But I do think this 3D Moto will be a hit and if others don't do one fast Moto and Sprint will grab the cash.

EVO 3D is the Phone of the summer to beat for sure...
    Just wait until the gamers, music industry, architectural, and medical industry get a hold of this thing.

With the extra dimension comes perspective, mark those words!

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

"The Green Hornet 3D"

HTC's first 3D-capable phone will come preloaded with "The Green Hornet 3D" on its microSD card, Sprint said today in a news release.
    And that's just the tip of the iceberg. The EVO 3D will also come with the HTC Watch app, which gives you access to 2D and 3D movies, as well as on-demand television programs. You can buy or rent and download movies, and you can save as many as five on HTC's service for watching on other HTC devices with the HTC Watch app.

And don't worry, you won't be stuck with "The Green Hornet 3D" for long. "Drive Angry" with Nicolas Cage will be among the initial 3D releases for the EVO, Sprint says.

You'll also have access to Blockbuster's On Demand app. Rentals will range from $2.99 to $3.99 each, Sprint says. Purchases will start at $4.99.

Source: Sprint
    http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...oid+Central%29
    Today a group of leading venture capitalists published an open letter to the FCC calling on them to prevent what they say would be the end of net neutrality and a crippling blow to young startups.
    No Google, say it ain't (or wouldn't of been ) so! ATT and Verizon would have killed their own cash cow.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    http://www.wirelessandmobilenews.com...ease-date.html

Although Sprint did not announce a release date for the HTC EVO 3D, yesterday, internal leaked documents suggested a June 24 release date, and one of our readers wrote,

"Yes, this is the exact same thing I heard from a Best Buy employee Saturday night. He said in no uncertain terms that they received a bulletin stating an absolute release date of June 24th. Then he showed me the statement cause I basically begged him to prove it...LOL! Looking forward to my new smartphone!!!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast