Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL iOS 5 pre-release thread - keep all discussion here!

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have a dev account and want to add an extra iphone? PM or e-mail me to let me know.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone - White 16GB (iOS 5)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I've got the iOS 5 beta on my iPhone 4 and to be honest, it's really buggy right now. I'm switching back to iOS 4.3 because it's not at all ready for a production phone. The new features are great and if you guys want more info on anything or pictures of anything, I can sure answer and show you. The greatest thing I've found so far is the Notification Center. Feels just like Android, but executed smoother. Also, performance is quite snappy.

Can't really say much about iCloud - haven't used it enough. However I do feel it has great potential. I don't think there's a web UI yet for it, so it's pretty much useless. PC Free is going to be a real asset for new iDevice owners.
    ~ Chad

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfonz View Post
    My biggest concern right now is that Verizon's iPhone will be months behind the GSM model once the new OS is released. I don't understand why after all this time we're still not on version 4.3.

I can't believe I'm saying this but perhaps a switch back to ATT is in order.
    Well, the good news is that it seems the iOS 5 beta is there for the CDMA (Verizon) iPhone, so it sounds like iOS 5 should come out for all the devices at the same time when it's released. Still, it's hard to come up with even a half-decent explanation as to why iOS 4.3 still hasn't been released for Verizon's iPhone (and/or why there hasn't been any official information about its release, or essentially lack of).

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I wish they'd wait to announce this stuff until they could actually deliver on it instead of making everyone wait an unspecified amount of time for the OS to become available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tresmith007 View Post
    I was hoping for widgets, revamped email that included some desktop like features, maps with turn by turn navigation. I like that they improved the notification system, but from the demo, it didn't seem like they went far enough.
    Yeah seriously........when are they planning on updating all the preloaded apps? Do they really think they're perfect as they are since they released them in '07? When's the last time someone opened the stocks app?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zetaprime View Post
    I wish they'd wait to announce this stuff until they could actually deliver on it instead of making everyone wait an unspecified amount of time for the OS to become available.
    They have to announce new OS versions in advance to get developers on board so they can update and prep their apps accordingly. Otherwise if Apple just drops a new OS one day with no warning you'll have no apps to run on it, or best case, you'll have a bunch of old apps that can't take advantage of any of the enhancements in the OS.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazers4ever View Post
    Yeah seriously........when are they planning on updating all the preloaded apps? Do they really think they're perfect as they are since they released them in '07? When's the last time someone opened the stocks app?
    The Stocks app was greatly enhanced in iOS 3 with landscape mode and multi-touch support. In iOS 5 we'll get streaming quotes and real-time quotes. We'll also get hourly forecast and location awareness in the Weather app.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 (iOS 6.1.2)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm actually most excited about icloud. I was syncing my mac's address book with my google account, but that was screwing up my address book. After cleaning that mess up, I'm going to wait and see if icloud's sync does a better job.
    Since I JB, the OTA features will be pretty useless for me.
    I still haven't decided if I'm going to utilize the led flash as notification light option when I get iOS 5 in the fall.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, iP5S, GS4...
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rest_easy View Post
    I wish Android could copy the smoothness of iOS.
    This!!!! The one thing I miss on my Evo is the buttery smooth touchscreen experience that Apple provides!!
    My World Phone dot com is a VERY SHADY seller. Click here for details

My Toys: '10 M5 : '12 Blown LS7 : iP5S : GS4 : Nexus N4 : N95-4 : E71-2 [Sold]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad92 View Post
    I've got the iOS 5 beta on my iPhone 4 and to be honest, it's really buggy right now. I'm switching back to iOS 4.3 because it's not at all ready for a production phone. The new features are great and if you guys want more info on anything or pictures of anything, I can sure answer and show you. The greatest thing I've found so far is the Notification Center. Feels just like Android, but executed smoother. Also, performance is quite snappy.

Can't really say much about iCloud - haven't used it enough. However I do feel it has great potential. I don't think there's a web UI yet for it, so it's pretty much useless. PC Free is going to be a real asset for new iDevice owners.
    Actually, yes, I have a question. PLEASE tell me you can delete the stock ticker from the drop down shade?

Also, can you tell if developers will be able to use that notification shade to feed info to their apps ala widgets? If it can handle updating weather and stock streams, why not other info?

Thanks.

Feedback Score

Ottawa

Quote Originally Posted by C DM View Post
    Well, the good news is that it seems the iOS 5 beta is there for the CDMA (Verizon) iPhone, so it sounds like iOS 5 should come out for all the devices at the same time when it's released. Still, it's hard to come up with even a half-decent explanation as to why iOS 4.3 still hasn't been released for Verizon's iPhone (and/or why there hasn't been any official information about its release, or essentially lack of).
    I certainly hope you're right. When the iPhone came to Verizon I was sure this would be the one phone the carrier wouldn't be able to **** around with delayed OS releases but here we are without 4.3 and I get that old sinking feeling.

I also don't quite ulunderstand people who are disappointed in this new release. This is a gigantic update. The biggest leap since day one. If you wanted notifications, for instance, to look different or "better" consider that there's just so many ways to notify you of a new message on your 3.5" screen. The only gripe I have with the new system is that the banner disappears. We should have the option of keeping it there until we dismiss it. That it goes away seems counter to the poInt of a new system. Are we going to go from annoying pop ups to missing messages altogether if we don't see the banner?

Device(s)
    Motorola Atrix HD Maxx / iPhone 5 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XFF View Post
    The Stocks app was greatly enhanced in iOS 3 with landscape mode and multi-touch support. In iOS 5 we'll get streaming quotes and real-time quotes. We'll also get hourly forecast and location awareness in the Weather app.
    I wonder how real time stock quotes will work. There are SEC restrictions on supplying real time stock quotes.
    Seems like it is cool to have these in your sig?

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Even though it looks like they copied the android notification system, it will be made better than androids as in it will be a more stable platform no matter what
    Mopar ftw!!! NYLX

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I was hoping to see turn-by-turn directions on this version... maybe next year

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 VZW
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    VZW/CDMA people... did you install iOS5 beta via xcode, or through itunes? not having much luck with itunes (error 3002) and now trying through xcode, getting a "this device not eligible for update"... or something to that effect...

verizon iphone 4, 16GB, running 4.2.8... have itunes 10.5 beta... got the sdk that includes xcode... got the ios5 file specific to iphone 4 (cdma)... in fact downloaded that file twice to make sure it was the right one (downloaded from apple)...

> Clearnet PCS: Nokia 6188 (1999)

-> Bell : Nokia 6185 -> Motorola ST7867W (99-01)

--> AT&T: Nokia 6360 -> Nokia 6200 - (01-04)

---> Verizon: LG VX6000 -> Motorola E815 - (04-07)

----> Cingular/AT&T: Samsung Blackjack -> 8525 -> RAZR V3xx -> iPhone (RIP) -> iPhone 3GS - (Jan 07-Dec 09)

-----> T-Mobile: iPhone 3GS (unlock) -> Nexus One -> 9700 - (Dec 09-Jun 10 )

------> AT&T: iPhone 4 -> iPhone 3GS - (Jun '10-Mar '11)

-------> Verizon: iPhone4 - (Mar '11-TBD)

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast