Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL iOS 5 pre-release thread - keep all discussion here!

Device(s)
    Motorola Atrix HD Maxx / iPhone 5 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XFF View Post
    In any case, I doubt they'll get sued since they hired the guy who wrote the notification hack and integrated it into iOS. It's fair to assume that whoever wrote it owns the copyright to the code and is free to develop/market/sell it as he sees fit. Not sure what all the animosity is about, but if you don't like iOS just don't use it, it's not like it's the only option out there.
    No they didn't. The guy who designed the UI for notifications was "baffled by the uncanny resemblance" to the UI he built.
    Seems like it is cool to have these in your sig?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MI_canuck View Post
    VZW/CDMA people... did you install iOS5 beta via xcode, or through itunes? not having much luck with itunes (error 3002) and now trying through xcode, getting a "this device not eligible for update"... or something to that effect...

verizon iphone 4, 16GB, running 4.2.8... have itunes 10.5 beta... got the sdk that includes xcode... got the ios5 file specific to iphone 4 (cdma)... in fact downloaded that file twice to make sure it was the right one (downloaded from apple)...
    It's not a public beta. You need to have a developer account and register your UDID as a dev phone.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 VZW
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    It's not a public beta. You need to have a developer account and register your UDID as a dev phone.
    I have done both those things and received confirmation

> Clearnet PCS: Nokia 6188 (1999)

-> Bell : Nokia 6185 -> Motorola ST7867W (99-01)

--> AT&T: Nokia 6360 -> Nokia 6200 - (01-04)

---> Verizon: LG VX6000 -> Motorola E815 - (04-07)

----> Cingular/AT&T: Samsung Blackjack -> 8525 -> RAZR V3xx -> iPhone (RIP) -> iPhone 3GS - (Jan 07-Dec 09)

-----> T-Mobile: iPhone 3GS (unlock) -> Nexus One -> 9700 - (Dec 09-Jun 10 )

------> AT&T: iPhone 4 -> iPhone 3GS - (Jun '10-Mar '11)

-------> Verizon: iPhone4 - (Mar '11-TBD)

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G[s] (Black 32GB, Blackra1n JB 3.1.2, Blacksn0w UL 5.11)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    We talking about the LockInfo or MobileNotifier developer? The original message in post said "looked like LockInfo". Then the response was about the developer of MobileNotifier. I agree it looks just like MN, LI, not so much.

http://blog.gsmarena.com/did-apple-j...cation-center/

I mean, on some level they are similar, but when you are designing within a certain aesthetic, everything looks similar. Whereas the new Notifications looks exactly like MN, the Notifications Center just looks somewhat similar to LI, IMO.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quick question if anyone knows the answer.

Will the auto backups and sync of photos and everything in iCloud going to use data on a tiered data plan? Also will you be able to store and retrieve songs in iTunes in cloud at will? Meaning if i have a 16Gb iPhone and say 30 GB of music, can I download and delete songs on my iPhone at will? I hope so but that would make for less people purchasing a higher capacity device.

Device(s)
    Motorola Atrix HD Maxx / iPhone 5 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Upon further review, Apple hired the guy who coded MobileNotifier, not the one who did the UI for MobileNotifier.

Device(s)
    iPhone X/8+, Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have done both those things and received confirmation
    Let me know if you get this working. I am going to try later tonight or tomorrow, but I haven't been able to find if it is even compatible in quick Google searches. I have been on the road the last two days and have been playing catch-up on the iOS 5 and Lion info.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 VZW
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    tried just about everything... still no go... not sure what the deal is... i don't know if maybe has something to do with the provisioning... but i do have my UDID entered in my developer profile

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VMACKIE View Post
    Will the auto backups and sync of photos and everything in iCloud going to use data on a tiered data plan?
    Of course! Data is data. The carrier doesn't care what you use it for (except when it comes to tethering, that's another story).

Also will you be able to store and retrieve songs in iTunes in cloud at will? Meaning if i have a 16Gb iPhone and say 30 GB of music, can I download and delete songs on my iPhone at will? I hope so but that would make for less people purchasing a higher capacity device.
    Yes, you can, but you'd probably want to do that via Wi-Fi due to question #1.

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    tried just about everything... still no go... not sure what the deal is... i don't know if maybe has something to do with the provisioning... but i do have my UDID entered in my developer profile
    I'm pretty sure you need to do a restore. So sync and back up, then restore and then restore from backup. There isn't a way to update to the beta, i don't believe. Sorry, look around and double check but I think that's your solution. Also check for my PM please.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think he said you could move pics from the Camera Roll into photo albums.
    oh man I want this more than anything just about. I saw in a demo where they showed moving photos into albums on an iPad, and Jobs mentioned several times that you can move photos out of the Photo Stream and into an album to keep them on the device forever (instead of last 1000 pics/30 days). So to do that you'd have to be able to move pics to albums on the device itself.

One of the biggest hassles is having to go through and move pics to sync'd folders using Camera Wizard just before syncing my phone, just so I can have pics of my son in his own album, family in an album, pets in an album, etc.
    iPhone 6 64GB Space Gray, iOS 8.1.2 stock
    iPhone 5 32GB Black, iOS 7.0.4 stock
    Week 43 3GS 16GB Black, iOS 5.1.1 stock, preserved 05.13.04 BB

Feedback Score
    How many People bet Apple will continue its law suit vs Samsung for Copying UI yet Google Wont Sue Apple for copying it...

Geez Hell of ALOT of apple appologists... "oh its ok for apple to steal from android" But if android steals from Apple... "F*(k ANDROID SUE THEIR PANTS OFF"
    Phones Owned & ratings:
    N95 (8/10)
    HTC Touch pro2 (8.5/10)
    HTC Dream (6/10)
    HTC Magic (7/10)
    SEX10 (4/10)
    HTC Desire HD (9.5/10)

Device(s)
    Note 5 , Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How do you become a DEV. And I heard it cost to activate it? What are you activating???? And there's no way around getting it without becoming a DEV. ??

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

ebay feedback above

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Device(s)
    Note 5 , Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ok this seems a little far fetched, is this real
    http://www.limera1n.cc/2011/06/upgra...-3gs-ipod.html

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast