Thread: Use Palm Pixi Plus with Page Plus

Feedback Score

Use Palm Pixi Plus with Page Plus

2 days back, I bought a new Palm Pixi Plus, thinking that I would be able to get a Verizon prepaid daily plan on this. But after talking to Verizon, I understand they dont support daily plans on Plam. I dont want to go with contract or monthly plan, because my talk time is very minimal. I bought this Palm mainly for web access.

So, the next option for me, I believe is to go with Page Plus. Since they use Verizon network, I understand their coverage is good. Looking at the earlier comments on the forum, I understand that I need to get my Palm first activated (by providing my Palm's ESN to some ebay dealer who does that service). Then I need to contact the Page Plus for the new prepaid plan from them.

Can someone please correct me if my understanding is wrong? Since it's a brand new device, I would like to go through the correct methods of activating my phone for a page plus prepaid connection.

Also, can someone please recommend some trust worthy dealer who could help in activating my Palm?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You may have better luck with this question by searching the Page Plus forum here: http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...-Plus-Cellular

It appears some people there are using the Pixi Plus with Page Plus and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update.

I just called up pageplus and they said, since my phone was never activated earlier (with Verizon), pageplus won't be able to give me a plan.

So, now I need to look out for a dealer who can help activate my Plam and then get back to pageplus again.

Feedback Score
    You were given misinformation. I've activated Pixis on PagePllus for several people (myself included) that were brand new. I really love mine!

There is a great tutorial on the kittywireless.com website explaining how to activate a PP on PP.

Feedback Score
    can someone post the palm pixi data information. I activated my phone and had to reset it and now i can get past the create profile. i talked to representative and she said she don't know what going on but maybe someone with the same hone can tell you if the information you have is correct. when i pressed ##data#

username my [email protected]
    AAA password xxxxxxxxxx
    HA password xxxxxxxxxx
    SPI HA 300
    SPI AAA 2
    REV Tunneling yes
    m home address 0.0.0.0
    primary home 255.255.255.255
    secondary home 255.255.255.255
    mmsc http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

everything under multimedia BLANK

Advanced

scm 58
    slot mode yes
    slot index 2
    home nid 65535
    home sid 1015

mcc 310
    mnc 00
    accolc 6
    home sys reg yes
    fsid reg yes
    fnid reg yes

ip addresss BLANK
    port BLANK

spi aaa indicator yes
    spi home agent indicator yes

Feedback Score
    Did you seek help from Palm or PagePlus?

Feedback Score
    Marty74, to port your number or activate, one good dealer is: http://www.pageplusdirect.com/palm_p...tructions.html
    If you look under the "services" tab, you can select what you need. They also have the best instructions for programming the Palm Pixi. It's easier than it looks.

Several thoughts:

1. Page Plus is an incredible deal -- you can't beat it anywhere. They use Verizon towers, so the coverage is excellent. They have a new $80 card that keeps your phone active for a full year, or you can go with an unlimited plan, if you wish.

2. Do not expect any live phone support from Page Plus. They respond well to email, but the winning strategy is to set up an account on Page Plus, then go to another source (Babblebug, Kitty Wireless, Page Plus Direct) to purchase your activation,
    ESN change, and minutes/plan. Then go to your Page Plus account, load your PIN and you're set. Anything you do with Page Plus, just do it online.

3. With the Pixi Plus, the most important thing to learn is how to shut off the data (nearly all of the time, your phone can access the net without having to function as a hot spot). Instructions are very clearly laid out in the link at the top. That's the finishing touch. Now you've got a smart phone on your own terms. Contracts are for idiots.
    freedom from plan$

Device(s)
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    Carrier(s)
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    Kitty wireless has a forum that takes you through what you need to do to get set up, you will use a small amount of data when you activate the phone with webos or palm. Kind of jumping thru hoops but shouldn't cost any extra money other than to activate the account or buy apps. Data on page plus is expensive on the standard plan, I turned off the 3G data and use only wifi.
    trying to come up with better signature.......