Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: iOS 5 beta users (bugs discussion)

Device(s)
    Note 5 , Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Also not all pics load when I download pics from computer to iPhone lets say about 521 of them there's about 50-60 won't show up, just a black box

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

ebay feedback above

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Feedback Score
    What do you mean we will have to downgrade? I just assumed when the next beta comes out I'll download the file and restore to it from itunes like I did for this one.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know how to turn of the duplicated email accounts? I assuming its duplicated b/c when it started to use my iphone i put in my apple id and password so there are 2 email accounts. I then put the OS on my iPad and clicked ignore when setting up the mobile me account and there are no duplicated

Feedback Score
    So far the only issue I had was I have duplicate mobile me email accounts (i think it's b/c when it went through the set-up process on the iphone i put in my mobileme account as opposed to skipping that step. I've been reading in all the forums and have not found a way to delete on of the account.
    Also in the forums I read this: "There will be a few more betas out but these betas expire so your phone will be a paper weight unless you downgrade so no more betas for me untill release of the real 5.0. "
    Is this true? When the iOS5 beta 2 comes out will I go about downloading and installing it the same way I did for iOS5 beta1? (By option clicking restore in itunes and selecting the .ipsw file?) Only thing that would suck about doing it that way again is I have to go through the whole restore process again which took me a few hours to sync my device, it went much slower than when you normally restore from a backup and all my folders where deleted so i had to sit there for about half an hour going through the 11 pages of apps I had and remake all the folders. Unless I did it wrong or someone has a solution for getting around that when the next beta 2 is out. I really don't want to go through that again.(FYI I had my iPhone registered by a developer for $7 so I don't think I'll have an issues)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    bugs ive notice

1. hulu plus, netflix etc. wont play video
    2. sometimes when i hang up the phone the end call screen just stays there
    3. battery life goes quickly (my guess is the new notification system)
    4. when i check emails sometimes i will have duplicates and you cant view/delete them
    5. i turned on mail notification to match the sms and it usually works but at first it wouldnt show up. The notification on the top doesnt always work

Things i would LOVE to see in the next beta:

1. of course a fix for all the above issues
    2. over the air updates to all the other betas
    3. toggles like sbsettings in the notification section
    4. quick reply like biteSMS
    5. better battery management

if i could get the above items i would never jailbreak again... i wouldnt have to

Feedback Score
    Thanks for writing back. I wound up reinstalling the beta as a clean install because I read in many of the other forums that "backup*is a bad idea as the device just gets upset, causing sluggish behaviour, etc.*always install*as fresh, you'll just have to deal with making the folders again. but sync" What are your feelings on this? Also how many beta releases does Apple usually put out before the os is ready for the general public to download? And when these beta releases comes out with I have to do a clean install each time?
    Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.
    -Rob

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i do a clean install every so often. It is too annoying to keep doing it every beta but when my phone starts to really slow a fresh install works beautifully. Unless my phone gets slower on the other betas i will probably not do a fresh install. Its still a lot of work to get all your setting back they way you like it

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have been using beta from day 1 on my primary phone and I haven't noticed any problems yet. I don't use a lot of apps but ESPN, Facebook, Twitter and News sites. I have no problems with notifications and/or phone features as such. The only problem is noticed was the battery but disabling cloud makes it work like a charm.

Device(s)
    Iphone 5 9/21/12, ViPhone 4 2/11/11,Droid X 7/13/10 Droid Incredible 4/28/10 Motorola Droid 11/3/09,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The bugs that I've experienced with my IPad 2, are that sometimes the notifications won't show up at all in the notification banner, and the IPad 2 will shut off by itself, and I have to hold down the power button and the bottom middle button for a while for it to turn back on.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    -I don't know who u are, I don't know what u want. If u are looking for a ransom, I can tell u I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over the course of watching Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, skills that make me a nightmare for people like u.

-I am not Neo, But I am still the One.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Most of the bugs ive experienced are mentioned above, im only 24 hours into the beta but they are as follows:

- Unable to change wallpaper
    - Battery life much worse
    - Netflix app doesnt work (it is noted in the app store they are aware of the problem)
    - Some transitions when opening/closing apps seem a little more jerky at times, just not as smooth
    - Duplicate emails sometimes not always
    - Location based reminders in the new Reminders app don't work and you can only set the location for a place in your address book or your current location, you cannot select for example the address of your local grocery store to remind you to buy milk unless you keep the address in your contacts for some reason

Some things I don't like are that the notifications don't stay on the lockscreen once the phone has been opened, id prefer they stay there until I take action on them whether I unlock my phone or not. I was also hoping the app store would be able to install apps in the background without closing you out of the app each time you download something but this has not been changed either. I preferred the ipod app which combined music and video as well rather than the separate apps that we now get but I think thats more personal preference and it will work better for those that actually have video content on their phone (I very rarely do).

Big thumbs up though on the new notification system, being able to use your phone while syncing, the new camera options and iCloud. Really like the way things are going, some great new enhancements.

Device(s)
    RIM Blackberry 8320, RIM Blackberry 8310, RIM Blackberry 8100, RIM Blackberry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    Notifications look better in beta 2.

Some things i've noticed.

Beta 1, whatapp trips the notification twice. (resolved in beta 2)

imessage is great, was working well in beta 1. Seems to have gotten slower in beta 2. Might not notice it on the first couple of uses but when you leave the phone for a bit, it seems to close itself. So opening takes a few seconds instead of just opening right away. (kind of annoying)

battery seems to be same from beta 1 to beta 2, pretty decent consider its a beta. (turn off icloud)

wifi sync is fantastic. glad i don't have to connect the wire every time i want to sync.

the software update seems to have a link to the servers now. searches but still no updates as of today. (hope they use this method soon)
    - HNSX

Phone: iPhone 4
    Plan: Killer Plan 200 daytime and unlimited evenings/weekends
    Options: $10 VP, 6 GB Data.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile; Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if they have fixed this or will fix this with iOS 5 and the transition to iCloud.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1795
    Join In

Feedback Score
    Still haven't update to iOS 5 yet, but Im so surprised and excited about the iOS 5 update! The iCloud is so cool, would be a amazing Media and Document storage and player, then maybe I don't need to do repeating conversion with my iFunia video converter to different device~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2