Thread: HTC Desire Not Getting Official Gingerbread

Device(s)
    GALAXY Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    VodaCom
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down HTC Desire Not Getting Official Gingerbread

Our engineering teams have been working hard for the past few months to find a way to bring Gingerbread to the* HTC Desire without compromising the HTC Sense experience you’ve come to expect from our phones. However, we’re sorry to announce that we’ve been forced to accept there isn’t enough memory to allow us both to bring Gingerbread and keep the HTC Sense experience on the* HTC Desire. We’re sincerely sorry for the disappointment that this news may bring to some of you.
    http://www.androidguys.com/2011/06/1...l-gingerbread/
    Samsung GALAXY Note 4 32GB +128GB MicroSDXC Charcoal Black
    Apple iPad 4 WIFI+4G LTE 16GB White
    "World can't hold me, too much ambition."Jay-Z

Device(s)
    GALAXY Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    VodaCom
    Feedback Score
    Htc have changed their mind lol, Gingerbread is still to come: http://is.gd/oM4DZI

Device(s)
    Nexus One, Droid Incredible, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO Pacific (HSDPA);
    Feedback Score
    It matters to me little now, since the HTC DEsire's lack of memory already made me migrate to another phone in the first place.

I believe when HTC made its first announcement, that they can't fit Sense into the Desire, they were assuming upgrading Sense 2.1 to Sense 2.5 on the HTC Desire.

Currently the Gingerbread we see on the upgrades to the Desire HD and comes with the Desire S, is the one with HTC Sense 2.5.

The HTC Desire comes with HTC Sense 2.1, whose feature set is much less than Sense 2.5. There is a quite a difference between Sense 2.5 and 2.1.

The second HTC response is most likely Gingerbread with Sense 2.1. In other words, HTC is just going to upgrade the base OS. Its not going to upgrade Sense at all. That's the only way I see it will fit the Desire, crammed as it is already.
    I am @guamguy on Twitter.

Device(s)
    GALAXY Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    VodaCom
    Feedback Score
    Seems they may bring Sense 2.5 ,but they are going to cut out some apps and make them downloadable via Android Market: http://blog.gsmarena.com/htc-to-remo...em-separately/
    HTC should have put 1GB ROM like SAMSUNG and SE did in the Galaxy S and X10.

Feedback Score
    You may install CyanogenMod 7 on HTC Desire which is based on Android 2.3.4.

You must ensure that your device is fully charged so there is no mid-updating battery discharge issue which may brick your device. With all that out of the way, let’s get into it.

Feedback Score
    I have Pacman Rom 4.4.2 on my Desire.