Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Thread: Nokia N9

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    official press release from European carrier 3 Group, Nokia's flagship handset N9 should be landing in Sweden on September 23, 2011.

New Member.....

Device(s)
    N95-4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ^if that's correct, it's too late. this thing needs to be on shelves by August at the latest.

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Nokia isn't banking on the N9. But if they can show people that they now have phones on shelves within 3 months of announcing them, they can build some hype for their next phones.
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Device(s)
    N95-4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ^I suspect you're right, but ******* I want this phone right now. My N900 is great, but as an ATT customer, I really really really miss the 3g sometimes.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    "Up to date" hardware means **** battery life.
    That might be true but I wouldn't pay $600 for 16GB phone with dated hardware.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buurin View Post
    Where did you find that? The sheet makes no mention of what SIM it uses.

Yes! Do want! (If it uses regular SIM this is the ultimate phone of freedom!)
    Go here and then look under the 'Connectivity' section:

http://bit.ly/m4QtGN

Connectivity
    NFC (Near Field Communication) for easy pairing and sharing
    Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)

* FTP (File Transfer Profile): server (v1.1)
    * OPP (Object Push Profile): client, server (v1.1)
    * HSP (Headset Profile): audio gateway (v1.2)
    * HFP (Hands Free Profile): audio gateway (v1.5)
    * A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile): audio source (v1.2)
    * AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile): v1.0

High-Speed USB 2.0 with micro USB connector for transferring data and charging
    3.5 mm AV connector
    Capability to serve as data modem
    Micro SIM card

I'm guessing this thing also won't have USB OTG.

Quote Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
    ^I suspect you're right, but ******* I want this phone right now. My N900 is great, but as an ATT customer, I really really really miss the 3g sometimes.
    I get you completely, but I don't really see this as an N900 successor. N950 seems to take that role, and it won't be widely available. I'd probably pay $400 for an N900 running 850/1900 3G at this point -- not sure how much I'd be willing to pay for the N9, especially since it uses a micro sim slot.

(Some phones have spring-loaded sim slots, and a micro sim can get stuck with that little adapter)
    I want to buy your Nokia E7.

HoFo Feedback (9+, 0-)

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I just lost enthusiasm over this device because of its price and release date. I still want one, but won't try it out until next spring when prices drop.

Device(s)
    Huawei P30 Pro 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    VodaCom
    Feedback Score
    Ah gee, realy underwhelmed, was looking forward to a dual-core based (no, dont tell me excuses like up to date hardware eats batt) MeeGo phone, it gives me no real reason to want to replace my X10 with it as it still falls short in some areas compared to my 1yearold phone, guess i'll be getting a multi-core based SE or Samsung Android running ICS.

Im excited to see what its dev community will do with it though.

ps. shame about the lack of Adobe Flash, i use it a lot, ive watched live keynotes/announcements thanks to it on my X10, thats functionality i simply cant lose.
    Samsung GALAXY Note 4 32GB +128GB MicroSDXC Charcoal Black
    Apple iPad 4 WIFI+4G LTE 16GB White
    "World can't hold me, too much ambition."Jay-Z

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    The dev community will be great I'm sure. It will probably never have the app ecosystem that WP7 devices will have after 6 months of mango, but it will still be a great device and the devs that worked on the N900 came up with some nice little tweaks and so forth. Now that the "W9" has been leaked, Nokia wants more attention on that after the craze of the N9 earlier in the week.

Device(s)
    N9 & N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwindexe View Post
    The dev community will be great I'm sure. It will probably never have the app ecosystem that WP7 devices will have after 6 months of mango, but it will still be a great device and the devs that worked on the N900 came up with some nice little tweaks and so forth. Now that the "W9" has been leaked, Nokia wants more attention on that after the craze of the N9 earlier in the week.
    I have a feeling this "leak" was in response to all of the positive attention Nokia's "experimental" OS was getting. I have never seen the US Tech blogs respond so positively to a Nokia device before. The N9 is set to be a good device. Now lets see if it gets the push it deserves.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    ^yeah, the only negative preview I saw was at gizmodo, but they always get heat for their articles anyway. Everyone else seems to love the N9 even though it won't have the support that the major OSes have and that really says a lot. It really did get people talking about Nokia again in a positive light.

Elop knew that people wouldn't listen when he said he didn't want them taking pictures of the W9. He purposely wanted this out there to draw attention away from the N9 and back towards wp7 nokia devices. When I saw the pics... I wasn't too crazy about it. Basically an N9 with Wp7 on it. In that case, I'll still take an N9. I would have to wait for a wp7 device with specs that exceed the N9 and N8 respectively.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Even I had a bit of optimism on the N9, but it fades more and more. I wish Nokia was going to commercially release the N950, too. If there's a WP7 using it's shell, I could maybe see trying to get one used to frankenstein it with an N9's innards, but now talking about two newish Nokia phones... yeah probably not.
    ---
    "No matter where you go, there you are."

Quote Originally Posted by sjhong
    The 3.5 inch touch screen, the 32Gb internal memory and the qwerty keyboard are features I can no longer live without.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900, Nokia E75, Nokia 5800XM
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    My N900 is already fast enough, (and good enough in most other ways) it just lacks the memory to run Mappero, gpsrecorder, and run the camera at the same time. It works, but it lags the UI to nothing if I don't put the swap on my SDHC card.

The N9 does not make me happy. I have lots of other phones I like to use from time to time for various reasons, so a MicroSIM is a big minus for me. Especially since it's so hard to get prepaid MicroSIMs in other countries. It's hard enough getting a regular SIM with a working data plan in the Dominican Republic..I don't want to have to cut down the SIM, too. The lack of a keyboard is also a huge disadvantage to me. Swype is OK; I don't hate it or anything, but I strongly prefer a real keyboard.

Hopefully I can manage to get my hands on an N950. The 1GHz OMAP and 1GB of memory should be more than enough for my needs. There's only so much I'm willing to do on a 3-4" screen. If I need more, that's where a 7" Archos comes in.

So N9? Very unlikely I'll own one. N950 will be in my grubby little hands as soon as I can find one to buy. Too bad I never got around to writing any of those Maemo apps I was considering.

Device(s)
    N95-4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    enough about the damn microSIM already. just put one of those chintzy little adapters on it and put it in another phone. my best friend does it when he switches from his iphone 4 to his blackberry and he hasn't had any problems.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, microsim isn't a dealbreaker for me either. There are plenty of good adapters out there now if you need to switch. Just keep the adapter in the phone you're not using and switch whenever you need it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast