Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Thread: Nokia N9

Device(s)
    Nokia N900, Nokia E75, Nokia 5800XM
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    It's called 'one more thing to lose.' And as I mentioned, it's a pain in the *** when you can't get a microsim when you're traveling. You try asking Orange Dominicana for a microsim when you're not on an iPhone contract.

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
    Even I had a bit of optimism on the N9, but it fades more and more. I wish Nokia was going to commercially release the N950, too. If there's a WP7 using it's shell, I could maybe see trying to get one used to frankenstein it with an N9's innards, but now talking about two newish Nokia phones... yeah probably not.
    They're not going to commercially release the N950 because all carriers rejected it due to build quality. That's why they're giving it for free for developers, because it's not worth charging for.
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Device(s)
    N95-4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If you're going to the dominican republic that much, why not just bring a different phone while on vacay? If you already have multiple phones, what's to stop you from using another one while on holiday? I get that this phone isn't going to be for everyone, but you're taking this micro SIM business pretty hard.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
    If you're going to the dominican republic that much, why not just bring a different phone while on vacay? If you already have multiple phones, what's to stop you from using another one while on holiday? I get that this phone isn't going to be for everyone, but you're taking this micro SIM business pretty hard.
    I personally hate the micro sim out of principle:

The whole point of having a sim card is the convenience factor. Many of us here have multiple devices that we may like to use at any given time for one reason or another. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops to use devices that have been using a standard that has been set in place for many years. Example: the N8 has issues with the micro sim since it's spring-loaded in nature -- the manual specifically states not to use a micro sim with an adapter as the nature of the mechanism can create a situation where the micro sim can actually get stuck in the phone (I imagine the E7 is similar).

I understand that as phones become smaller and more feature packed that every millimeter is a luxury, but I can not stand behind this current trend. It's an annoyance to me, but if it doesn't bother you, then, well, to each his own.
    I want to buy your Nokia E7.

HoFo Feedback (9+, 0-)

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    The same inconvenience came with the transition from Mini SD to Micro SD. You can't fight progress.

Device(s)
    N95-4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    The same inconvenience came with the transition from Mini SD to Micro SD. You can't fight progress.
    This. Over time, standards change. New methodologies are developed that allow for enhanced performance, so those methodologies are adopted. Not to mention, a micro SIM to SIM adapter is like a dollar. Sure, it's inconvenient, but there are other things about this phone that could be seen as far worse, like the fact that it may have FM TX/RX hardware, but no software for it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    They're not going to commercially release the N950 because all carriers rejected it due to build quality. That's why they're giving it for free for developers, because it's not worth charging for.
    What's wrong with the build quality?
    ---
    "No matter where you go, there you are."

Quote Originally Posted by sjhong
    The 3.5 inch touch screen, the 32Gb internal memory and the qwerty keyboard are features I can no longer live without.

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    What's wrong with the build quality?
    The hinge breaks.

Device(s)
    HTC Sensation, Amaze, LG Optimus V, Samsung Fascinate, Samsung Epic 4G, Nokia 5800, 3620, 6230, 8290
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So am I supposed to read this one or the one in the S60 forum? :|

Device(s)
    N95-4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ^your signature is annoying.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    lol... yes it is...

New Member.....

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The hinge breaks.
    WTF? The N97 hinge is rock solid. How could they screw that up?

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    WTF? The N97 hinge is rock solid. How could they screw that up?
    I dunno, but they've only got 250 of them that they're giving away, which suggests a rather small production run for carriers to test, so everything does add up. Except for Nokia's track record with build quality being awesome, but maybe that's because crappy quality stuff never made it into mass production.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
    ^if that's correct, it's too late. this thing needs to be on shelves by August at the latest.
    August, September. Do you really think it makes any difference?

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    http://mynokiablog.com/2011/06/25/do...o-even-matter/

No, it doesn't. MeeGo isn't going anywhere. Intel was supposed to supply Moorestown last year, meaning rather than relying on Debian for ARM compatible packages you could rely on RPMs that are Intel compatible. MeeGo Handset UX is also woefully under developed, it's better than OpenMoko, but that's not saying much.

MeeGo for phones isn't going anywhere, but for in-vehicle systems and Netbooks it definitely could go somewhere. The Asus X101 is going to do what the Eee PC originally should have done, and will take MeeGo Netbook UX places. That's it though.

The N9 will just be a Coda to Nokia's Maemo experiment.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast