Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Unlock nokia e73 with mobilicity????

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kostvan View Post
    arhh, where were you yesterday
    They mention unlock via software. Did you have to install/run anything? Or have they just sent you an unlock code?
    They send you a link to the software, you download it and run it (no need to install). Software reads your phone info and sends it to a remote server. After 3-6 hours (mine took 2), you click on a button and voila, your phone is unlocked. This also works on hard locked phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie999 View Post
    They send you a link to the software, you download it and run it (no need to install). Software reads your phone info and sends it to a remote server. After 3-6 hours (mine took 2), you click on a button and voila, your phone is unlocked. This also works on hard locked phones.
    Thank you, good to know that remote options appear and the cost of unlocking comes down

Device(s)
    nokia e71-2
    Carrier(s)
    mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kostvan View Post
    Thank you, good to know that remote options appear and the cost of unlocking comes down
    Has anything changed? I have an E73 I wish I could use as a backup phone, locked to mobilicity. It's a great phone, but it is not even worth $50 if I try to sell it. So paying another $50 to unlock seems ridiculous.

Any cheaper unlock solutions?

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Hang on to your E73, it is a great phone. Mine still carries one of my SIMs. For a hardware qwerty, nothing beats it. WebDAV, SIP, VPN, SSH, it was ahead of its time. Excellent camera, great call quality (on Mobi), nothing better for email, SMS, working with text files. You'd have to pay BB Q10 prices to approach the build quality nowadays.

For the Nokia SL3 phones, you can't just buy an unlock code over the net. You have two options.

You can unlock the E73 for $30 through cellunlocker.net, they have a software solution for the SL3 phones, http://cellunlocker.net/nokia-unlock-software.php

Or if you've the inclination you can do it yourself using NSS Pro and the Genie Projects service, the site has step by step instructions, the cost is 10 GBD (~$17). I did both my E73 and 5230 this way.

The Nokia 5230 is another 'sleeper' value, unlocked it will give unbeatable signal/reception on the Telus/Koodo network as it will use their lower 850 MHz band V, much better than our 1700 AWS or the upper Telus/Koodo 1900 Band II. Even though it's not WiFi enabled, it is SIP/VoIP capable over 3G with an app like Nimbuzz, giving you the cheap LD/voice if you're on a good data plan. If you still have one kicking around, it's worth keeping. The E73 doesn't have either band for Telus/Koodo.
    A Canadian tale of wireless competition, and Another
    From unjust discrimination to undue preference - a CRTC timeline

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Nice. The associated http://nokiasl3.com/ explains the challenge of the SL3 unlocks.

What happened to your old sites?

--
    Even better explanations here and here, from unlockcanada.com.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Constantly changing and dodging the blows Ya know how it is haha
    The big plus is the bruteforce service is now much quicker. What used to be a day or two is usually no more then a few hours. We've done some major overhauling and additions to the server cluster, costs a fortune but very much worth it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3