Thread: We are about to get screwed, again...

Feedback Score

We are about to get screwed, again...

So more and more customers are coming in asking about the new iphone coming out in November. I can already feel the numbers going in the toilet, again.

First month or two they will give it to online, then to corporate, then month or two after that national retailers, than premium and exclusive.

During that entire wait you can expect to loose half your business again. This is very frustrating, especially if they launch it during the holiday season, if every holiday season they launch a new iphone and do not give it to us till the crappy January comes around our stores are going to suffer more and more. If they kill the holiday season I really think it will not be worth it anymore with all the new changes coming down on indirects.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWINDIRECTGUY View Post
    So more and more customers are coming in asking about the new iphone coming out in November. I can already feel the numbers going in the toilet, again.

First month or two they will give it to online, then to corporate, then month or two after that national retailers, than premium and exclusive.

During that entire wait you can expect to loose half your business again. This is very frustrating, especially if they launch it during the holiday season, if every holiday season they launch a new iphone and do not give it to us till the crappy January comes around our stores are going to suffer more and more. If they kill the holiday season I really think it will not be worth it anymore with all the new changes coming down on indirects.
    I've sold more iPhones than ever this week due to the unlimited data ending. Luckily no one is really even asking about the new iPhone and it doesn't sound like it'll really be all that much added to a new one.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The new iPhone is only going to be a minimal upgrade, at most. It was announced to be an iPhone4, still. An "S" version. It's the same ploy Apple pulled on iPhone3 customers on at&t who wanted the 4, but had to settle on the 3G and the 3GS before 4 came to town, and we all know what happened with Antennagate. I highly doubt people will go all in for the next iPhone release until they're damn good and sure it will make and take phone calls properly without signal drops.

Story: http://www.macrumors.com/2011/05/13/...obile-support/

Yeah, Sprint and T-Mo customers will see it 1st.
    I left NEXTEL because:
    1) Gary Forsee for single-handedly killing the mighty NEXTEL
    2) Paul Saleh for coughing up the money for Gary's BIG ideas of grandeur from the NEXTEL cash cow
    3) Timmy Donahue for taking his golden parachute and leaving post-merger when we needed him most
    4) Barry West for regressing iDEN backwards 10 years by killing 6:1 and WiDEN development
    5) Dan Hesse for practicing apathy over sympathy, then prolonging the pain

Feedback Score
    You will only have to worry about people with feature phones wanting to upgrade to iPhone.

As I understand it, VZW isnt going to pay data on customers upgrading from smartphone to smartphone. For instance, Blackberries are no longer a different data plan, so if they upgrade from a blackberry to another smartphone- regardless of it being either an Android or iOS, we wont get paid data on it.
    If they have a smartphone already, it wont matter about talking them out of an iPhone and into an Android.

I work indirect and as of the 28th, smartphone to smartphone upgrades wont get data, only feature to smartphone plans. This may be different for CORP, but its one more reason to bash the iPhone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ke4qpf View Post
    I highly doubt people will go all in for the next iPhone release until they're damn good and sure it will make and take phone calls properly without signal drops.
    Does your store not have iPhones? People line up for these, people who have no business even purchasing a smartphone come in begging for it. As soon as a new iPhone comes out 1000s will line up for it. 1/2 of them wont even know whats different, they just want it.

Feedback Score
    Sad but true, if a new iphone 4 comes out that is half black half white people will come flocking in for it.