Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seriously Verizon? Same problem for over 1 year... Panama City Beach, FL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baayers View Post
    This is also happening just to the north in the Marianna area. It has continued to gradually get worse since last July when VZW did the conversion. I do agree that Tallahassee is rock solid but from the Jackson county line on 10 and 90 and from the Calhoun line on 20 things take a major dive and depending on the time of day your chances to make or receive calls become spotty to impossible. I would love to see them turn their PCS service back on there to handle the overflow just as they did in Tallahassee.
    Its pretty solid when you leave the general area, but yes that is when I noticed it degrading. I am very concerned, about this issue especially since I am possibly moving here full time soon.

Feedback Score
    Down by pier park nobody with Verizon can make or revieve any calls. Just yields system busy :/

Sent from my GT-I9100 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Major upgrades are coming to that area soon, along with LTE 4G.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by locust43 View Post
    Right. Except this has been happening even in winter. Its not the rush of people. Its since they "integrated" the Alltel network.

And they sure do plan for heavy usage like this. Any competent wireless carrier does.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using HowardForums
    Not really. I was there in March with my church and speeds were well in the 2Mbps range and never dropped a call. You there on 4th of July weekend/week. What do you expect?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I was there last July and had no trouble (2-2.5Mbps down on my MiFi). AT&T was pretty decent as well, considering they run PCS there. However, I wasn't high up - my condo is in Gulf Highlands. But all around PCB and Panama City I didn't have any trouble with VZW.
    LUS Fiber (Lafayette, LA Municipal Fiber)
    "Fiber for the Future!"
    75x75 subscribed
    lusfiber.net

Feedback Score
    I live in panama city (callaway) 20miles from beach, and i cant get over 0.10megs here, it just completely sux, i have a driving job that requires cell phone data use and with 3g it's unusable! i've been complaining about this for the past year (december yields no better results) tonight at the fireworks display there was 3g but no data could be fetched, so i said when i get home ima go look up information and maybe even switch to Tmobile cuz i heard the hspa+ is good here!

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I have a fix for all you fools who like to stay and play by the Bay. Come to Tallahassee, and bask in the southern elegance, rolling hills, Solid 3G and 4G LTE.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Locust, I have a friend who lives in Ft. Walton Beach, FL who thinks AT&T is the best where she lives. Pensacola is also an AT&T stronghold. I have no idea why that is, just what I've heard.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    Locust, I have a friend who lives in Ft. Walton Beach, FL who thinks AT&T is the best where she lives. Pensacola is also an AT&T stronghold. I have no idea why that is, just what I've heard.
    AT&T is decent there, but both Verizon and AT&T have serious issues here. Not sure why, AT&T has "Ok" data speeds and have been usable. AT&T is pretty good in some parts of FL, but in AL its a totally different story.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Earls View Post
    I live in panama city (callaway) 20miles from beach, and i cant get over 0.10megs here, it just completely sux, i have a driving job that requires cell phone data use and with 3g it's unusable! i've been complaining about this for the past year (december yields no better results) tonight at the fireworks display there was 3g but no data could be fetched, so i said when i get home ima go look up information and maybe even switch to Tmobile cuz i heard the hspa+ is good here!
    Yes, Pier Park I couldn't make ANY calls for over 7 hours the whole time while I was there. I don't really recommend T-Mobile until you look at the H+ map. Around here at the beach area half the beach (Thomas Drive) is HSPA+ and the other half (Front Beach Road) is all EDGE. But they have solid service. I have a T-Mobile phone and haven't had ANY problems.

If you have a driving job that required mobile data use, I would recommend AT&T likely.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellKrazeDude View Post
    Not really. I was there in March with my church and speeds were well in the 2Mbps range and never dropped a call. You there on 4th of July weekend/week. What do you expect?
    It to work better than AT&T will all that spectrum. We were down here March as well around our condo and the same problem. Progressively been getting worse on Front beach rd since july. Tonight nobody could place or receive calls at Pier Park which sucked. AT&T was pulling 1.5Mbit/s and able to place calls just fine. Hopefully they are working on the network here because its beyond ridiculous right now. I'm sitting down on the beach right now with 1X roaming on Sprint :/

Im down here often and it just keeps getting worse. The Verizon store I went to tonight at Pier Park was not shocked nobody could make or receive calls and data is slow. They acknowledge the issue but are "working" on it.
    Last edited by Guest 171; 07-05-2011 at 04:24 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by locust43 View Post
    It to work better than AT&T will all that spectrum. We were down here March as well around our condo and the same problem. Progressively been getting worse on Front beach rd since july. Tonight nobody could place or receive calls at Pier Park which sucked. AT&T was pulling 1.5Mbit/s and able to place calls just fine. Hopefully they are working on the network here because its beyond ridiculous right now. I'm sitting down on the beach right now with 1X roaming on Sprint :/

Im down here often and it just keeps getting worse. The Verizon store I went to tonight at Pier Park was not shocked nobody could make or receive calls and data is slow. They acknowledge the issue but are "working" on it.
    Just talked to a friend who had no problems making or placing calls at all last night in PCB area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellKrazeDude View Post
    Just talked to a friend who had no problems making or placing calls at all last night in PCB area.
    Not everywhere was affected, just that one area. All 15 of us were without any kind of VZW service in that area for the whole night.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Locust. i hope ur troubles are ova.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Data speeds here in Fort Liquordale are comparable to locust's. I'm hard pressed to stumble upon a solid 1Mbps, let alone a 300k signal. What's making matters worse is everywhere in Broward County and Palm Beach County, I get nothing but -100s on signal on a Droid X that's supposed to have 2 internal antennae.
    I left NEXTEL because:
    1) Gary Forsee for single-handedly killing the mighty NEXTEL
    2) Paul Saleh for coughing up the money for Gary's BIG ideas of grandeur from the NEXTEL cash cow
    3) Timmy Donahue for taking his golden parachute and leaving post-merger when we needed him most
    4) Barry West for regressing iDEN backwards 10 years by killing 6:1 and WiDEN development
    5) Dan Hesse for practicing apathy over sympathy, then prolonging the pain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast