Thread: Samsung i500 on Sprint PCS site

Device(s)
    HTC Apache/PPC-6700
    Carrier(s)
    The New Sprint, Getting Worse For Consumers Every Day™
    Feedback Score

Samsung i500 on Sprint PCS site

here

The i500 is up, $599, its so small and cute i want one!!

Feedback Score
    Are you a girl? Guys never say "cute". Thats a word reserved only for girls.

No I'm not a girl.

Say goodbye to IE and security hazards!....well except for one

Device(s)
    Sanyo SCP-5500
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I don't like it, but that's just me.

Device(s)
    sanyo 8100
    Feedback Score
    That phone is pretty cool... I like the idea of a PDA, but without the gigantic size. The price is way to high for me.

Device(s)
    Being Touched!!!
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint(I'm Back baby!!!)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by ConceptVBS
    Are you a girl? Guys never say "cute". Thats a word reserved only for girls.

No I'm not a girl.
    dude, your sig is worse than him saying the word cute...
    Ming Always Zigzaging Dangerously Along
    R.I.P to The key of my success

Drinks, dances and tips at a strip joint -- $500
    Entire room service menu (to go) -- $1,000
    Seven-year contract -- $10 million
    Alabama football -- Price-less

Device(s)
    Palm(One) Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    This has to be the first time I've seen a manufactuer release a GSM and CDMA version of the same phone and have one much better equipped. The CDMA version has Palm OS 4.1 where GSM has 5.2, and it's doesn't have an SD slot or external LCD, the GSM model does. I've been waiting for the Treo 600 regardless, but even if I was looking into the i500, that would completely turn me off.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    And doesn't the GSM version also have a built in camera?
    Check out my reviews here.

Device(s)
    Palm(One) Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by lgreenberg
    And doesn't the GSM version also have a built in camera?
    OMG, it's worse than I thought. Yeah, the SGH-i500 (GSM) does have a VGA camera where the SPH-i500 (CDMA) doesn't. But this is even better, according to phonescoop.com, the SGH has a 300mhz CPU and the SPH has a 66mhz CPU. The only upside of the SPH is that it has a separate graffiti pad where you have to use the screen for the SGH. Other than that, the SPH looks like the poor, retarded cousin of the SGH. That's just rediculous. None of these limitations are as a result of the network it's on. The Treo 600 will be available for GSM and CDMA and will be virtually identical in features and useability.

Device(s)
    LG VX4700,AudiovoxPPC410,Orange SPV,Motorola StarTac,Motorola v120c,samsung a460,Sanyo 4900,
    Carrier(s)
    In order: 1st-Verizon, 2nd-Sprint, 3rd-Nextel, 4th-T-Mobile, 5th-Verizon (again!)
    Feedback Score
    I really like the new phone! It looks good to me. I just wish that I could get it. Why is it that the prossesser is so slow on the CDMA versions? It was the same way with the Kyocera 7135. Just really slow. anyway... I like it.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Does this phone support Vision?
    Rasputinj

My favorite quadrate bamboo fly rod builder D.E. Daniel Hollowbuilt Quad Fly Rods

Device(s)
    iPhone 8G
    Carrier(s)
    ATTWS
    Feedback Score
    That is FUBAR. I thought the phone would be cool, but with all the limitations it is messed up. It seems funny to me how some manufacturers screw themselves out of a better profit margin by making unneccessary models, aside from chipset of course. Seems like Smasung could have saved themselves some tooling $$ by making one phone and simply changed the guts out as needed for CDMA and GSM orders. Would have gotten a better deal on processors with the bumped quantities, better deal on the cases due to bumped quantities, better deal on most other components also. Looke like the wait for the TREO600 or preferrably a BT enabled phone is going to continue.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8G
    Carrier(s)
    ATTWS
    Feedback Score
    That is FUBAR. I thought the phone would be cool, but with all the limitations it is messed up. It seems funny to me how some manufacturers screw themselves out of a better profit margin by making unneccessary models, aside from chipset of course. Seems like Smasung could have saved themselves some tooling $$ by making one phone and simply changed the guts out as needed for CDMA and GSM orders. Would have gotten a better deal on processors with the bumped quantities, better deal on the cases due to bumped quantities, better deal on most other components also. Looke like the wait for the TREO600 or preferrably a BT enabled phone is going to continue.

Device(s)
    Palm(One) Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, it's pretty stupid alright. The CPU in the SPH-i500 is the same 66mhz Dragonball that's in my Treo 300. For what it does, it's adequate. But with the faster CPU and SD slot, it opens up the possibilities for multimedia such as mp3s. Not to mention, with the SD slot, there's a possibility of a Bluetooth SD card. This way, it doesn't matter that the phone doesn't have native Bluetooth support. Personally, I don't care that much about Bluetooth. But the fact that they would make the CDMA model so inferior when it has nothing to do with CDMA vs GSM, I don't get it. Between the Hitachi1 G1000 and Treo 600, I don't see this thing selling much at all, just to the people who need to have their smartphone in a clamshell design.

Device(s)
    Mogul
    Carrier(s)
    SPCS
    Feedback Score
    Does this phone support Vision?
    Yes and no. The i500 will support the higher data speeds by using vision, but most likely will not be able to download ringtiones, wallpaper etc. That is how it worked with the previous generation combos at least.

This phone seems so overpriced! $399 please!

-rob

Device(s)
    Mogul
    Carrier(s)
    SPCS
    Feedback Score
    The CPU in the SPH-i500 is the same 66mhz Dragonball that's in my Treo 300
    The treo has a 33mhz chip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast