Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: So New Every 2 Is Gone, Annual Upgrading Is Gone and Now Tiered Data....

Device(s)
    HTC Trophy
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

So New Every 2 Is Gone, Annual Upgrading Is Gone and Now Tiered Data....

Whats keeping you with verizon? it seems like they're taking away everything i loved with verizon when i first signed up way back in 2004. Now i talked to a rep about them getting rid of ne2 and annual upgrading and i was told that they would still send out email/mail offers to upgrade early for like a 1 year contract before your ne2 date its just promo material and some people get it and some people wont... so ill see that for myself...

but now i was wondering since they took all the perks away from the verizon customers really whats making u guys stick with verizon? any suggestions of things they should add since they took alot away from us this year?

my 2 things they should add are 7pm nights as a $5 add on, and $5 add on for the friends and family feature on the 450 minute plan, and last a Any Mobile plan like sprint has where u can call any cell phone number on any provider and 450 mins for landline calls that would be perfect i know they have it now in some markets but they need to make it nationwide for everyone
    http://www.twitter.com/sedp23

Windows Phone 7 >>>>> iPhone & Android

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
    Whats keeping you with verizon? it seems like they're taking away everything i loved with verizon when i first signed up way back in 2004.

but now i was wondering since they took all the perks away from the verizon customers really whats making u guys stick with verizon?
    They do have the iPhone now.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There are new calling and family data plans coming soon. Verizon isn't the only network that did away with perks and stuff. The network and LTE keep me. Plus, I have never had a problem with customer service.

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CellKrazeDude View Post
    There are new calling and family data plans coming soon. Verizon isn't the only network that did away with perks and stuff. The network and LTE keep me. Plus, I have never had a problem with customer service.
    New family data plans?

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    VZW is the only service available in my area. If I'm ever moved to the less for more plans, I'm going to prepaid.

Sent from my DROID2 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Whats keeping you with verizon?
    I can count on my phone to work when I need it to, and I pay far less for more features than the $2500/mo I averaged on a single line with no data or texting or anything else but analog voice back in the 80's and early 90's. I have business phones on ATT and TMO, and without fail VZW's service is the most reliable for me.

People moan and groan and whine about things changing without any appreciation for VZW being a business and not a charity or welfare service. The unlimited model wasn't going to last forever if they wanted to continue making profits, making advancements in technology, and remain competitive. The beauty of the free market system is you're free to leave any time you want, nobody forces anyone else to sign up or stay with any carrier. If VZW is the only carrier where you live, you're free to move.

VZW doesn't make these decisions lightly. They don't sit in a big boardroom eating caviar and smoking cubans asking each other "how can we screw our customers today?". They make decisions based on what's best for their business, their stockholders, and yes, their profit.

Just like the local strip of gas stations that adjust their prices up and down seemingly in unison, wireless carriers are doing the same with their plans and pricing. And just like the cheap off-brand gas station that sells gas cheaper than the other stations, there will be wireless carriers that offer some people a better deal for their needs.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The problem is there really isn't any competition in the U.S. Good coverage matters to a lot people including myself and we only have the big 2 in Verizon and AT&T. Sprint is a crap shoot depending where you live and T-Mobile is a joke unless you live in a big city. Sure I can go to AT&T but their prices are pretty much the same. That leaves us folks who find good coverage the most important feature of a call phone to either pay the prices or switch to a pre-paid MVNO which also have their downsides.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I had a crappile of freebies, perks, and incentives when I was on NEXTEL. Sprint came in and destroyed EVERY customer loyalty program NEXTEL had, mismanaged their network so badly they needed someone else to come in to run it, and finally, when I cancelled, had the nerve to send me 3 extra bills when I zeroed out the account before cancellation. FAIL! I hope this doesn't become the face of Verizon too!
    I left NEXTEL because:
    1) Gary Forsee for single-handedly killing the mighty NEXTEL
    2) Paul Saleh for coughing up the money for Gary's BIG ideas of grandeur from the NEXTEL cash cow
    3) Timmy Donahue for taking his golden parachute and leaving post-merger when we needed him most
    4) Barry West for regressing iDEN backwards 10 years by killing 6:1 and WiDEN development
    5) Dan Hesse for practicing apathy over sympathy, then prolonging the pain

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    A good company doesn't need a loyalty program or other gimmicks.

Device(s)
    A lot of them
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You gotta have a gimmick, if you want to get a man. Since men like shiney toys, that they replace often. The carriers have to have a gimmick.
    BlackBerry Pin: 7be6f3d8 New BBM App on iPhone 5S YAY!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadTwink View Post
    You gotta have a gimmick, if you want to get a man. Since men like shiney toys, that they replace often. The carriers have to have a gimmick.
    Since men like shiny toys that they replace often, the gimmick is that they let you upgrade once every 20 months at a lower price than retail.

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play with Mophie battery pack (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I stay with VZW because of the coverage. I live way out in the country and I have 4G. No one else can do that. When I had tmobile, I was always dropping my data signal and had to be on wifi half the time because the signal wouldn't even be there and I couldn't make or receive calls.

The tiered data doesn't really affect me because I already have unlimited. The discounts that they used to have, like new every 2, yeah that sucks that they are gone.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    don't forget they eliminated one year contracts too.

Device(s)
    Centro X 2, Blackberry
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    Business 101:

-Have a great product.
    -Do something your competition is NOT doing.

I know VZW has great product and there are costs with building out a network. However, I think having a few "perks" that the competition does not could bring in some customers from competitors. One the other hand, I think VZW believes their competition in NO match so we'll sell our product based on our great system, as it will sell itself.
    Acts 17:27
    "His purpose in all of this was that the nations would seek after GOD and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him-though he is not far from any of us"

By the way, there is absolutely NOTHING in the Constitution about "Separation of Church and State"! This is Fact!!

Article one was to keep Government out of religion, not Religion out of Government!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    but now i was wondering since they took all the perks away from the verizon customers really whats making u guys stick with verizon?
    Coverage and Customer Service... I've been in some really remote parts of the US and I've always had a signal. Thankfully, I don't have to call Customer Service too often... When I do, however, they are professional and get the job done.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast