Thread: Palm pixi plus can no longer be activated on Verizon Post-paid (E911 Compliance)

Feedback Score

Palm pixi plus can no longer be activated on Verizon Post-paid (E911 Compliance)

I often sell my handsets to people with verizon contracts who have lost/broken their phones. I sold one today and the gal went into the local verizon shop to activate it and it was a no go. The CSR called in to find out why they couldn't get it activated and the VZW phone rep says the Palm Pixi Plus is no longer E911 compliant and can only be activated on verizon prepaid network (not post-paid). She said it was a new thing.

My question is if this sounds legit? And if so, should I have any concern about the pixis not activating on PP?

I think I'm going to activate my last two pixis on page plus just in case. Comments?
    Last edited by icebook; 07-14-2011 at 11:56 PM. Reason: removed offending material

Feedback Score
    Oh wow really? I am gonna activate mine too then, i just got mine off ebay new one for $39.99. Better do it before they stop it.

Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MTPPC View Post
    My question is if this sounds legit? And if so, should I have any concern about the pixis not activating on PP?

I think I'm going to activate my last two pixis on page plus just in case. Comments?
    That generation of Palm phones is E911 compliant. I would question the knowledge of that Verizon CS rep. But even if it wasn't that would have no bearing with its ability to activate it on PP. PP doesn't require, to date, that handsets activated on their service be capable of e911

Feedback Score
    That's pretty annoying if true, but it also sounds fishy to me. I'd like to know that if I want to eBay my Pixi at some point that I won't get an angry buyer who tried to activate it on VZW post-paid.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like BS to me, too.

Feedback Score
    The Pixi Plus is as E911 compliant as any other WebOS phone...

Feedback Score
    Sounds like a bunch of Bull to get you to upgrade or buy another phone. Try another store or rep.

Feedback Score
    Pageplus uses verizon activation... So if pixi plus cannot be activated on verizon, it cannot be activated on pageplus, either..

BTW, I just put my pixi plus on pageplus via esn change 2 minutes ago.. I would vote that representative has no idea what he/she was talking about...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'd call VZW CS directly and not mess with a retail store. Stores are in business to sell products and make money and there isn't much profit for a retail store in activating devices you didn't buy from there. The rep works off of commission and the biggest commissions come from signing new 2year contracts, so likely the rep knew what he was saying but just figured the customer wouldn't know the difference. I have a friend who's still on an Alltel plan and his E815 finally broke. He purchased another Alltel branded E815 to replace it and took it to a retail store to have it activated on his account. He was told there that they couldn't help him because it was an Alltel branded phone and he would have to buy a new Verizon branded phone from them. He went home, called CS and they swapped the phone for him, no problem.

Pageplus does not have the E911 requirement that VZW does. A perfect example is people are still able to activate a startac on Pageplus. As far as I know, VZW prepaid has the same E911 requirement as postpaid, it's just the rep doesn't want to activate a used phone on postpaid when he can make a commission off of a new contract.