Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: Arise

  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Arise systems don't work half of the time and you will Not get paid even if you were scheduled to work during systems' downtime.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you look well enough you will find lots of bad rap for Arise.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    2,487
    Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is Rogers hiring.....?
    I'm totally against companies hiring 3rd parties for employment. At the end its the employees who get rubbed the wrong way. This company shud be shut down, not only them but all temporary agencies shud be as well.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,033
    Feedback Score
    0
    Some Arise reps are good and some are not. For retail reps, you can tell if you're going to get an Arise rep by listening to the ringback. If you get the fast Euroasian style ringback when your call is being connected to a DSG rep, its going to Arise.

    Also Rogers is constantly hiring for call centres, but the turnover is so high I think they're having trouble replacing all the people who are leaving to handle the volume of calls, thus they've resorted to hiring 3rd party contractors.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    474
    Device(s)
    iPhone5 / Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Where I am there is not enough room in the centre.

    Arise and Stream are the bane of my existence. No exaggeration, 80% of the errors I have to fix are from either or. I keep getting them documenting impossible offers to the customers and then when the cx call back we have to clean up the mess. One gave a cx 6 months free unlimited data because the 6GB promo was not available and told them that it was renewable forever. (um we don't have a reasonable way to do this) They threw on 6GB for $60 and left it like that. The other thing that I keep getting is a cx will call for an upgrade, they will steal the data sale then cold transfer the cx without telling them so we can put through the order for the handset. Keeps their handle time low and commissions high.

    If it is a few bad apples they are doing a lot of damage and pissing off a lot of people.

    Opinions expressed in this forum are my own, and not representative of my employer.
    I do not answer questions on behalf of my employer.

  6. #21
    DH is offline I've got more phones than fingers
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastPrincess View Post
    Where I am there is not enough room in the centre.

    Arise and Stream are the bane of my existence. No exaggeration, 80% of the errors I have to fix are from either or. I keep getting them documenting impossible offers to the customers and then when the cx call back we have to clean up the mess. One gave a cx 6 months free unlimited data because the 6GB promo was not available and told them that it was renewable forever. (um we don't have a reasonable way to do this) They threw on 6GB for $60 and left it like that. The other thing that I keep getting is a cx will call for an upgrade, they will steal the data sale then cold transfer the cx without telling them so we can put through the order for the handset. Keeps their handle time low and commissions high.

    If it is a few bad apples they are doing a lot of damage and pissing off a lot of people.

    When I worked in the Call Center the issues were mostly from Minacs and whenever things were not documented properly by anyone (including both corporate call centers reps, and DSG for the stores).

    My biggest issue with Arise was their lack of knowledge when they first started taking calls, for both customers and DSG however I did start getting the odd one that seems to know what they are doing.

    Also the fact that Arise reps are contractors with: unpaid training, no benefits, cpp, or ei contribution. Where's the motivation for these reps to excel / learn ICM, V21, SGI and company policies inside out?

    I have heard that the sales targets are a lot higher for Arise and Stream over corporate call centers... Adding data and then transferring or sending customers to a store unfortunately is a common practice.
    Last edited by DH; 05-24-2012 at 09:54 PM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Heya guys,

    I've started the training with Arise and chose this opportunity cos I need a job where I can make extra money. It has been so far so good. But the training itself is odd. I thought we would get paid during training but after 30 days of training, they provide $100 and that's only if you had passed the training course and received Rogers certification.

    The people that are taking the Rogers course with me are not quite smart. Even the instructor is not too smart. The instructor has been working with Rogers through Arise for a year and he has already been qualified to be an instructor... The instructor's teaching is unprepared and hard to understand. At times the instructor doesn't know how to read certain words found on the Rogers training course materials. -__- The people who are taking the course cannot speak proper English as well. I can imagine how frustrating it will be for customers who have to deal with people who can't speak good English. I used to think it's a process of elimination where the students who cannot grasp the knowledge of the training course get kicked off, but there are a lot of people who are still in the course who can't speak good English and have bad telephone courtesy.

    Ask me any more questions.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    .....I have heard that the sales targets are a lot higher for Arise and Stream over corporate call centers... Adding data and then transferring or sending customers to a store unfortunately is a common practice.
    I work with arise and service the Rogers Wireless and Rogers DSG. I wanted to add something, when we are trained, we are told NOT to do any of the device upgrades, they are to be done in store only. We are trained to add the data plans for the cx and refer them to their local stores. Don't blame the reps for something that they are told to do by both Arise, they're only following orders.

    Also, reading newsky2's comment about training, and those not grasping continuing through the course, I'm assuming you would now be done, and may have learned that many in your course may not have certified. When I did my course, people were never dismissed from the class, but if they didn't score high enough on their assessments, if they couldn't do proper call flows and manipulate the system/screens, they weren't certified, and didn't find out until the last day. I know of 1 person that really shouldn't have ever certified, but made it through (she was giving a valiant effort, and was improving after I spent 5 hours with her the night before, and another 2 right before her final "test"), but she didn't last longer than 2 weeks on the phones due to getting flustered and frustrated.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Timmins Ontario Canada
    Posts
    14
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    [QUOTE=TheLastPrincess;14817060]Where I am there is not enough room in the centre.

    Arise and Stream are the bane of my existence. No exaggeration, 80% of the errors I have to fix are from either or. I keep getting them documenting impossible offers to the customers and then when the cx call back we have to clean up the mess. One gave a cx 6 months free unlimited data because the 6GB promo was not available and told them that it was renewable forever. (um we don't have a reasonable way to do this) They threw on 6GB for $60 and left it like that. The other thing that I keep getting is a cx will call for an upgrade, they will steal the data sale then cold transfer the cx without telling them so we can put through the order for the handset. Keeps their handle time low and commissions high.

    If it is a few bad apples they are doing a lot of damage and pissing off a lot of people.

    [/QUOTE

    I hear you on Arise and Stream , those two along with Gemma and SP Data are the cause of most problems I deal with. They really should provide more in depth training in my opinion

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,188
    Device(s)
    Nokia N95-4,HTC Touch, HTC S621, NOKIA E65, Nokia E61, Audiovox SMT5600, Nokia 6682
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandieyyz View Post
    I work with arise and service the Rogers Wireless and Rogers DSG. I wanted to add something, when we are trained, we are told NOT to do any of the device upgrades, they are to be done in store only. We are trained to add the data plans for the cx and refer them to their local stores. Don't blame the reps for something that they are told to do by both Arise, they're only following orders.

    Also, reading newsky2's comment about training, and those not grasping continuing through the course, I'm assuming you would now be done, and may have learned that many in your course may not have certified. When I did my course, people were never dismissed from the class, but if they didn't score high enough on their assessments, if they couldn't do proper call flows and manipulate the system/screens, they weren't certified, and didn't find out until the last day. I know of 1 person that really shouldn't have ever certified, but made it through (she was giving a valiant effort, and was improving after I spent 5 hours with her the night before, and another 2 right before her final "test"), but she didn't last longer than 2 weeks on the phones due to getting flustered and frustrated.
    Then we will continue on sending coach back. I guess coach back won't go anywhere if your higher ups are telling to add data and sending cx to retail stores.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,371
    Feedback Score
    0
    Did you know they did a report on this once. The whole outsources vs corp and the mistakes made and it turned out to be a 50/50 split that both types of centres make mistakes and no one makes more the then others. BUT it has always been assumed outsourced sites make more mistakes.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Timmins Ontario Canada
    Posts
    14
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Don't get me wrong , I come across plenty of mistakes from corporate reps too , but not as much

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Thornhill, ON
    Posts
    25,529
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyN View Post
    Don't get me wrong , I come across plenty of mistakes from corporate reps too , but not as much
    Corp Reps are plenty more accountable though.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by joninator View Post
    Then we will continue on sending coach back. I guess coach back won't go anywhere if your higher ups are telling to add data and sending cx to retail stores.
    Maybe I should clarify, or maybe re-state. We ARE trained to do that, but anyone who is worth staying learns NOT to do that. I myself haven't ever added the data and sent to store, mainly because I've worked with competitors in the past and knew that it was basically screwing the store over on the sale.

    I do agree that there are many reps working for Arise, Alpine, etc that Rogers has outsourced to, that make plenty of mistakes, but, I know from personal experience that corporate reps make just as many (they really screwed up my account a couple months ago.. but got it all fixed fairly quickly). Also, in case you didn't know, Arise (can't speak for the other companies) runs the training session, then sends you out with very little support (a chat room with anywhere from 50 to 100 people in it and only 1 or 2 PF's; and now RSD... finally!!) Some are great on the phones but are still getting adjusted to the systems and procedures. They may take some time, and might make a mistake or 2 here and there, but they are trying. It's the ones that learn fast that stay.

    I love the job! All my QA scores have been high (lowest being 93%) always great cx feedback, first call resolution is high and so is my 7 day resolution. I take this job seriously, I may be doing it from my home office, but I've been working from home for over 12 years and I treat this job no differently than if I was working directly in the call center.

    And just to touch on WorldIRC's comment, yes corp is very accountable, but I know with Arise, we are too. All of our calls are reviewed by our PF's and we're scored on them. We also now have live monitoring (launched this past Monday) where they listen in on our calls and give immediate feedback. If we don't perform to standards, our Statements of Work are terminated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. downgraded from 5.0, new problems arise...
    By virgin_mobile in forum Boost Mobile
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 08:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks