Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again! NEW COMMISSION STRUCTURE COMING IN SEPTEMBER

Feedback Score

Here we go again! NEW COMMISSION STRUCTURE COMING IN SEPTEMBER

So I found out today Verizon will be introducing a new commission structure in September, anbody get any updates. I wonder what they will be like? Maybe I should put the Bentley on hold?

Feedback Score
    Yes I have heard that from a few people. I can tell you new commission structure is never good, has never been good, and will never be good. It is always good for Verizon, they will decrease something and slightly increase something else.

I am sure part of the change will screw us on apple phones even more, just a big coincidence that a new iphone is about to launch and they are about to change the commission structure right before the launch. I am sure the two are related.

Feedback Score
    Yes about time I was making way to much money already. I need a pay cut

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    New comp plans are kind of like letters from your accountant or your insurance company, usually not much good news to be found inside. I find myself relieved when it is only a little cut.

Anyway, it is certainly not as much fun to start a new family plan with 2 lines, especially one with a high rate plan. But it could have been worse given the excuse of a new rate plan structure. I think they are trying to keep us from doing alternate upgrades to capture the commission on the primary line.

Feedback Score
    You seen it?

Feedback Score
    I already have the new chart for my area, it's not too bad really. There actually is the potential to make more money in the end. It all has to do with the new Account Level Plans that are starting next month. Since there will no longer be a primary line or secondary lines the commission has to work differently. All lines on a family plan will now pay the same commission based on the bucket of minutes they have. It's more than a current $9.99 line but less that a current primary line. The break even point seems to be around 3 lines. 3 Lines at the new commission is about the same as a primary and 2 shares, but once you get over 3 then you're actually ahead on the new payout. Considering most of our businesses is $9.99 lines and they are going to pay more it's a good thing.

I haven't seen the new commission for iPhone yet. I'm told they're working on that and will have it soon. I'm sure it'll be the same though. Right now it's $100 difference between a share line or a primary/single line. Cut that down the middle somewhere and I'd say all iPhone lines on ALP plans will pay $30-$50 more than a $9.99 line now if I were guessing.

LLP or Line Level Pricing commission is staying exactly the same in my area and anyone on a current family plan will still be on LLP and can still add lines to LLP plans. Only brand new family plans will be on ALP. No clear answers if if/when people will have to or be able to move to an ALP like price plan changes or such. I just know it says adding lines they won't have to.

Hope this helps. Like I said, looking at the numbers I don't think its terrible. It makes higher plans all that much more important as well. Having a Talk & Text plan or higher minutes will mean the bucket price is higher and the commission for all lines on that plan will be a pretty decent amount higher.

Carrier(s)
    Orange
    Feedback Score
    In Midwest, they are making the database conversion for all existing family plan customers on 10/19. Until then, like vzwinagent said, it will only be for new lines OR if the customer performs a price plan change.

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto62 View Post
    In Midwest, they are making the database conversion for all existing family plan customers on 10/19. Until then, like vzwinagent said, it will only be for new lines OR if the customer performs a price plan change.
    Isn't that two years almost exactly from "Pearl Harbor Day" for former Alltel customers/agents in the Midwest? Those of us in the "forward combat areas" all remember how well that database conversion went. Customers do not like unrequested changes. Like us, they shoot first and ask questions later, lol. Hopefully this one will be orders of magnitude simpler and cleaner.

Feedback Score
    This coincides with RadioShack carrying Verizon again... also in September.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just saw it. We make a lot more on Tablets and 4G data, which is good. But maybe 3% of the business.

I see no way at all to make any money on upgrades anymore. Unless I am looking at this wrong, they will pay us less than they do currently for $9.99 lines for ALL upgrades.

couple that with BOGO brand new model phones, (which in my experience, only draw in customers to upgrade never many new activations)
    Hi there. I'm the guy on the other side of the counter. If you're a jerk to me, guess how hard I'm going to try to help you?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWINDIRECTGUY View Post
    Yes I have heard that from a few people. I can tell you new commission structure is never good, has never been good, and will never be good. It is always good for Verizon, they will decrease something and slightly increase something else.
    Verizon doesnt like the wording you just used. Instead they prefer to word it this way: 'We are STREAMLINING the way we do business'. lol. Everytime Verizon or my AM mentions that word, i know im getting ****ed.

Feedback Score

could you email me the payouts?

Could someone email me the payouts?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    I just saw it. We make a lot more on Tablets and 4G data, which is good. But maybe 3% of the business.

I see no way at all to make any money on upgrades anymore. Unless I am looking at this wrong, they will pay us less than they do currently for $9.99 lines for ALL upgrades.

couple that with BOGO brand new model phones, (which in my experience, only draw in customers to upgrade never many new activations)

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Is the commission structured around the amount of minutes on an ALP, rather than the line price?

Could someone PM me a copy?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post

Mine is totally different then. We make more than a current $9.99 line payout on upgrades, and depending on the plan it could be a considerable difference more. It's all based on the price of the bucket of minutes ($50, $70, $80, $100, and so on). The higher the bucket the higher the payout on all lines on that plan.

My commission for singles lines and Line Level Pricing including 4G devices and smartphones is unchanged so far on my new documentation. 4G devices pay us no differently than 3G devices, which is horrible because we lose money on a Thunderbolt at the moment if the person already had a data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by alexLEV View Post
    Is the commission structured around the amount of minutes on an ALP, rather than the line price?

Could someone PM me a copy?
    Exactly, see above. At least for my area.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah< i had a little freak out there, but I was missing a page.

Overall, I think its good, we will make less on some Upgrades, but secondaries will pay out more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast