Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of moving to Bell from Telus

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score

Thinking of moving to Bell from Telus

Hey guys,

So, i'm a long time Telus user currently using a Desire HD. I've been gradually getting aggrivated with the hardware choices (I love Motorola's!) and have been burned a couple times with Telus. That and I can get a corportate rate with Bell...So i'm just wondering how everyone finds the reception and customer service of Bell. I'd be mainly in the GTA/Mississauga Area and would be looking at getting the Atrix.

Any advice?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    I can't say anything for the reception in the GTA/Mississauga area as I am in the Greater Ottawa Area but 95% of my dealing with Bell (store and CS) was good. I got one time a slacker who seems that he only wanted to hang up but I called back after and had a very helpfull CSA.

Also, I would recommend that you buy a Samsung Galaxy S2 or the HTC Sensation. the Atrix seems to have some issue compared to those two phones.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, formerly Bell Mobility (4 years), formerly Telus Mobility (Since '98, ended 2010) - 13 years
    Feedback Score
    Coverage will be the same as Telus (they share towers across Canada).
    But on the plus side, I knocked over the SunSphere.

Muh Plan:
    U/L Canadawide Calling
    U/L Picture/Video/Text Messaging
    5 GB Data
    $55/month less 10% for BYOD

The Former Abbywack-A-Mole

Feedback Score
    Bell customer service?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry.

If CS is important to you, get used to the idea of long hold times, belligerent CS people, being lied to, etcetera.
    Bell was a complete ****tastic fiasco experience for me from start to finish. They started off with billing problems that took me over 10 calls to fix (wait a month sir, we promise!), and it finished with me porting out 6 months early and having them remove all discounts and otherwise mess with my second-to-last bill so that it was over $100 when a normal month is $55. I guarantee its not over either because I gave them 30 days notice, but its obvious to me they are going to want to go back on their word about that too and try and charge me for an extra month of service on top of the ETF.

About 90% of the people I've talked to at bell are complete morons. I've been told the most outrageous stuff from them with a straight face.

To be totally fair though, I called in twice to ask about porting out, and those two persons were knowledgeable and nice and only marginalyl deceitful. I suspect that bell reps have gone through some more training in the past year or so.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, formerly Bell Mobility (4 years), formerly Telus Mobility (Since '98, ended 2010) - 13 years
    Feedback Score
    I've been with both Bell and Telus. No issues with customer service really on either carrier. Telus you barely have to wait to talk to a real person and are usually pretty helpful (wireless only. Wireline is a different story).

Bell I've called in a half dozen times and no problems. They just have the feature where they'll call you back so you don't have to wait on the phone on hold.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    If you want good customer service you'd be best off on rogers. Well their CSRs are nice and helpful to me anyway.

As for coverage. Bell and Telus use the exact same network. You will see no difference other than the difference with the quality of the radio in your device.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Jumping from Telus to Bell, is it better to take over someones contract and try and negotiate with the CSR's? Or can i some what negotiate in store?

I wanted to get at least caller ID and voice mail included, was looking at the fab10 $55 plan + SG2

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyc8063 View Post
    Jumping from Telus to Bell, is it better to take over someones contract and try and negotiate with the CSR's? Or can i some what negotiate in store?

I wanted to get at least caller ID and voice mail included, was looking at the fab10 $55 plan + SG2
    People working at the stores don't have the authority to throw in things like CID and VM for free.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furry Atom View Post
    People working at the stores don't have the authority to throw in things like CID and VM for free.
    Hm ok so my only option is to take over someones contract?

Or could i just call into Bell and ask them straight up?

Trying to avoid the pain of taking over someones contract and all that...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyc8063 View Post
    Hm ok so my only option is to take over someones contract?

Or could i just call into Bell and ask them straight up?

Trying to avoid the pain of taking over someones contract and all that...
    You can try but will likely get no where. Best bet is to take over somebody's contract. All the carriers are well aware that their competition will not negotiate with new customers, so they have no reason to offer you anything special.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    What about the corporate plan you said you could get. I have one with Bell and they threw in the freebies you mentioned no questions asked. The other nice thing with corporate plans is you can usually do a HUG every year with all the discounts applied to the handset of your choice.

Feedback Score
    Bell is infamous for giving out corporate plans they aren't supposed to. So just find a store that will do that.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    What's the requirement for signing on a corporate plan? You have to own a company, any size company? What proof do you need to show them? And how are the plans different from the individual plans?

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Aside from coverage (same) and Customer Service attitude (subjective), How do Bell and Telus stack up against each other? ie. HUP policies, early cancellation penalties, firmware updates, etc?

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogido View Post
    What's the requirement for signing on a corporate plan? You have to own a company, any size company? What proof do you need to show them? And how are the plans different from the individual plans?
    Rogido,
    I'd be glad to discuss corporate plan information if you're interested.
    Plans are custom designed to fit your company needs. 16 lines are required to maintain corporate status. Not all dealers are equipped to handle corporate customers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast