Thread: Carrier choices

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Carrier choices

Hello,
    I'm currently on Rogers (have always been) but I'm starting to wonder if I should look into moving to Telus/Bell. Is there any reason I should stay on Rogers? I've never had any negative experiences with their customer service, etc but am more concerned about network reliability.

Any thoughts?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I've never really had any major problems on the Rogers network, and from what I hear from friends/relatives that Rogers is the most reliable if anything. But if you feel Rogers isn't giving you a good deal for your plan then I would suggest you to try Telus or even Bell if they're giving you a REALLY good deal. I would not suggest Wind/Mobilicity at this point just because network reliability seems to be a big issue for you

Feedback Score
    Is the network reliable for you? It doesn't matter what others experience with it, but rather what you do.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Keep in mind that Bellus does not have 2G so if there is a problem with the HSPA network there is no fallback. If Rogers has a problem with their HSPA network, you can always fallback to EDGE.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fruvous View Post
    Keep in mind that Bellus does not have 2G so if there is a problem with the HSPA network there is no fallback. If Rogers has a problem with their HSPA network, you can always fallback to EDGE.
    Some might argue that Bellus 3G network, being larger and more robust, doesn't fail as often and so doesn't require a fall back network as much. Sort of like selling the benefits of a car that is easier to tow or push when it breaks down over a car that doesn't break down as often.

Anyhoo, as others have said, if you aren't having problems with Rogers network, why move to an unknown?
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the answers! I guess I was just curious if Bellus is offering better data speeds... I find that Rogers freezes up a lot.