Thread: Z22 - best little organizer ever - but what to replace it with???

Feedback Score

Z22 - best little organizer ever - but what to replace it with???

I bought a Z22 a few years back, and I loved it. When it gave up the ghost, I bought a replacement off of eBay, which, given that Palm had stopped making them, came without a warranty. Nevertheless, as I loved the Z22, I bought it. Well, it recently gave up the ghost, too, and I want a replacement. The thing is, it seems as though to get a PDA you need to get one with your phone. This makes me uncomfortable, since phones have been hacked, and I don't want personal information in my PDA to get taken. Does ANYONE make a standalone PDA anymore? Thanks. John Karavitis, John V. Karavitis

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Buy a phone and don't activate it. Keep wifi and bluetooth turned off and you pretty much have 0 chance to be hacked. You can probably get a cheap android or original iPhone and get an organizer app that works better then the native applications.

Feedback Score

WOW! Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by themobilekid View Post
    Buy a phone and don't activate it. Keep wifi and bluetooth turned off and you pretty much have 0 chance to be hacked. You can probably get a cheap android or original iPhone and get an organizer app that works better then the native applications.
    Thanks for the swift response, I never would have thought of this! It's brilliant! I'm guessing eBay would be the best place to start my search, and, as long as I can sync with my PC, I won't have to worry about the "non-phone" giving up the ghost and losing all my contacts, etc. I never thought about this as a possibility because I always assumed that if you bought a phone, you had to activiate it to use all the apps, etc. And in the used market, I'll always have a great selection of "PDAs". John Karavitis