Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Convoy 2

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You need the drivers, I imagine, going from memory on convoy 1, etc.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Device(s)
    DROID RAZR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveanderson13 View Post
    You need the drivers, I imagine, going from memory on convoy 1, etc.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums
    Thanks, but where do I get the drivers, nothing came in that little box......

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It is software from Samsung to install on your PC. You shouldn't need BitPim.

http://www.vzam.net/download/supported.aspx

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Also, read the manual (I think full manual available only online but usb mass storage may be in paper manual)
    and look up usb mass storage, cuz I think it is important to turn it on and off at certain times.

Device(s)
    DROID RAZR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It is software from Samsung to install on your PC. You shouldn't need BitPim.

http://www.vzam.net/download/supported.aspx
    Ok so all I do is download and install this vzacess manager and run it ???? install with the phone attached to the pc or not ????

I will check out what I can find on the USB mass storage, it sounds like something similar to what I had to do for my Droid Razr....

Thanks for the info and links...... Let me know about when to attach the phone if you can remember.......
    Last edited by Abbie Normal; 04-29-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie Normal View Post
    Ok so all I do is download and install this vzacess manager and run it ???? install with the phone attached to the pc or not ????

I will check out what I can find on the USB mass storage, it sounds like something similar to what I had to do for my Droid Razr....

Thanks for the info and links...... Let me know about when to attach the phone if you can remember.......
    I am old and feeble so bear with me, sonny boy, in case I steer you wrong.

Vzw sells data plans for pc's, etc that are accessed via wireless modem or cell phone (same modem). The VZ Access Manager software program allows that to happen. So it must include drivers for all the devices listed on the linked matrix. By clicking on the Convoy 2's link which matches your OS, you download vzam which you won't use or run unless you get a data plan. But this installs Samsung drivers on your PC for Windows to recognize your phone as a USB drive. So no need to connect the phone then.

Look up the device manual online re usb mode. I dimly remember you plug it in, turn on usb on the phone, windows will recognize and display your phone directories, then drag and drop your files in either direction. I think it is important to turn off usb before you unplug, not sure. This is handy to back up everything on your phone. By the way, I installed an sd card but can't remember how that came into play. Windows should see everything, I think.

I found mp3 much louder than qcelp. And I needed them louder and clearer.

Let me know if you need anything else. I've enjoyed my Convoy and hope to keep it a very long time. One of the best.

All this presumes the data that you wish to xfer is already on the pc.

Device(s)
    DROID RAZR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I am old and feeble so bear with me, sonny boy, in case I steer you wrong.

Vzw sells data plans for pc's, etc that are accessed via wireless modem or cell phone (same modem). The VZ Access Manager software program allows that to happen. So it must include drivers for all the devices listed on the linked matrix. By clicking on the Convoy 2's link which matches your OS, you download vzam which you won't use or run unless you get a data plan. But this installs Samsung drivers on your PC for Windows to recognize your phone as a USB drive. So no need to connect the phone then.

Look up the device manual online re usb mode. I dimly remember you plug it in, turn on usb on the phone, windows will recognize and display your phone directories, then drag and drop your files in either direction. I think it is important to turn off usb before you unplug, not sure. This is handy to back up everything on your phone. By the way, I installed an sd card but can't remember how that came into play. Windows should see everything, I think.

I found mp3 much louder than qcelp. And I needed them louder and clearer.

Let me know if you need anything else. I've enjoyed my Convoy and hope to keep it a very long time. One of the best.

All this presumes the data that you wish to xfer is already on the pc.
    EXCELLENT answer with what looks like everything I will need.......

Thanks so much for staying with me . I will let you know how it all turns out.....

As far as the old and feeble part,, I am too.....LOL

Device(s)
    VU-30
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frayway View Post
    Hello wwedancer23,

Isn't the flashlight handy? I use it a great deal. As for your question, with the flip closed and turning it on from the front display, the light will shut off after about 10 seconds. Open the flip and it stays on for as long as you need it but yes, it will wear down the battery.

Another tip I always forget to remind folks is the rubber-like cover you can buy at your local Verizon store. Be sure to get the one specific for the Convoy 2. It comes in two pieces; clips on the back and front. But I only use the bottom one for its non-slip, good grip feature. Using both makes it too thick. My VZ store even stocks a bright orange one--perfect for contractors or folks working outdoors that tend to misplace their phone.

..frayway
    How the heck do you turn on the flashlight with the flip open?

Feedback Score
    Flashlight: Open the flip, press and HOLD the button above the "END" button. The light will remain illuminated until you press and hold it again to shut it off. So handy!

With regard to using the Convoy2 as a modem for your laptop or PC, I can tell you from experience, it works great! As far as the question of "drivers" it must be understood you must load the latest version of VZ Access Manager software on your PC or laptop first. Once loaded, search the SOFTWARE for the driver, not the phone. VZ Access Manager download is free on the Verizon website.

I traveled Florida in March and my laptop worked everywhere using this structure. If you cannot upgrade yet to a smartphone for Internet access, like me, this is a great option. However, seeing how well it worked with the Convoy2, there is no need to take on the extra cost of a smartphone.

..frayway

Device(s)
    DROID RAZR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hey Steve...

Worked like a champ....

VZ Access manager detected and loaded the drivers.

Found the manual online, it was close but not 100% correct, no biggie, once I got close I looked around found what I needed. Transferred her ringtones over Changed the USB back to charging and all is well...

Thanks so much for the info and the time / patience for helping me...

Not too bad for too old geezers......ROFL

Device(s)
    DROID RAZR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I want to add a pic for the inside wallpaper.....

anyone know what size they have to be ??????

Also I am going to assume it has to be a JPEG...correct me if I am wrong......

Device(s)
    Iphone 4 black 16gb
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Nice thread. Thanks guys. One is on the way for my mom getting her on the new Verizon shared plan with the fam. Hopefully she likes it. It's like pulling teeth getting her off her old Nokia 3390 from voice stream (tmobile). Lol
    all I want is a cool looking, responsive capacitive touch screen, useful keyboard with swype, 10+ megapixel high quality backlit sensor with optical zoom, xenon flash, 64gb storage, bluetooth/infrared/wifi, fm radio, flashlight, open app store, customizable text ringtones, int/ext pic/vid caller id, good battery life, high sensitivity gps chipset, and a responsive open source gui, on a high quality cell phone network with real 4g is that too much to ask?

Feedback Score
    My husband got the Samsung Convoy 2 to replace the original Samsung Convoy he dropped in the water. At first he was very pleased with the new Convoy. Then he realiized that he missed my phone call a couple of times. That is when he discovered the phone was shutting itself off without warning. He needs this phone due to health issues and needs to be able to depend on it. Why is the phone shutting itself off and what can we do to stop it?

Feedback Score
    My new Convoy 2 doesn’t recognize the Micro SD card is inserted unless I press and hold the port hatch cover in with my finger. If I do, the phone flashes a green message that all saves will be done to the card. At this point, my picture and music files are accessible to the phone. I have listened to music and looked at photos which are on the card. The second I take my finger away, the hatch cover comes slightly outward and the phone flashes a green msg that the card has been removed and all saves will be done to phone memory. At this point the phone sees no files on the card. Not only that, but I returned a new Convoy 2 phone two weeks ago with the same problem and therefore this is the SECOND one with this issue, leading me to believe it is a widespread manufacturing problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

Feedback Score
    Realizing this thread is almost ancient (not nearly as ancient as myself),
    I see someone wrote that BitPim detects his Convoy 2 without any trouble.
    In fact, he wrote: ' Bitbim finds the phone with no problem.'

Can anyone help us with how this is possible?
    No matter what I do it cannot detect this phone.

Do you use a straight usb cable or rs232 to usb cable? Special drivers? -
    I see where someone described how to install drivers from the Smith Micro package downloadable from Verizon.
    If I do that, will bitpim then detect the phone?

Using file transfer via a usb cable I can get most things (pics, vids, even contacts IF they are copied to sd card.)
    but texts are not able to be backed up!? And never mind the voice mail contact entry... that's not in contacts list at all.

I find it nasty that samsung didn't provide a simple software package to backup entire phone the way sony-ericsson did many years earlier.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast