Thread: Questions about save offers

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Questions about save offers

Hey all, I have a couple questions about getting a good Save offer from Retentions.

I've been with T-Mobile since 2009 (and I realize that's not really a long time), but I've paid my bill on-time for the entire life of the contract and got converted last month from Flexpay (I opened it by choice) to Postpaid, and both a phone rep and store rep have told me I was eligble for an upgrade this month. My contract ends October 2011.

With what I've heard about the way call centers are dealing with their reps, do you think there's a chance Retentions will try to save me by offering a Better-than-upgrade-pricing deal? Or will they just let me port out to Sprint and pay whatever's left of my ETF?

If it means anything I'd like to get a myTouch 4G Slide for around $150. I don't mind signing a contract or switching to a new plan if I have to.

Thanks!

Edit: Can Retentions bill the device cost to my account (if they decide to offer me something) or will they require me to pay the cost with a credit card over the phone with them?

Feedback Score
    I have somewhat of the same issue. I'm off my contract and have been for awhile. My phone is acting up and it's about time to get a new one. So, I tried to do as much research as possible and finally called Tmobile today. I talked to a retention guy who told me the best he could do for me was a waiver for upgrade and he'd add data to my plan at the same rate I'm at. I didn't take it. I've been with Tmobile a long time (05).

To answer your question: they stopped billing upgrades to your account at the $199 price. You can only get billed at the full price. Try to see the big picture. At this point in their merger with AT&T they only want cash for their share holders not a great loyal customer base. Go ahead make the call. Just be nice when you do. You may get someone that in a giving mood.

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I called them today. I got 2yr ugprade pricing a week early, waived shipping and upgrade fees, and a month's service credit.

Didn't really get that good of a deal, but the lack of support from Samsung/Tmo for my Vibrant was pissing me off.

Feedback Score
    After reading your reply I came to the conclusion that TMO has an all or nothing mentallity. They know the merger will happen so the shareholders are trying to pocket all the cash they can by not giving us anything. If we want it we have to pay for it.

Then out of no where I just happened to go by TMO's website last night about 12:30am. Flashing in big bold red letters was a 12am to 3am sale. Select phones were free. if you ordered online between those hours you could get one of those phones free. They didn't have the MTG4S(I like that phone). I want to get the Sensation. They didn't have that one either. They did have the G2X along with a few other nice phones. I didn't buy anything. I'm going to wait until the end of the month to see if something else comes up.

I think their trying to give the FCC the perseption that the market is still competative with sales like that.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    See my posting under T-Mo "rants." There really seems to be something going on at T-Mo since the announcement of the buy-out by AT&T. Their customer service attitude is noticeably less conciliatory. I wonder if they are trying to get more cash flow for their share holders or if they are trying to pump up the bottom line in case the AT&T buy-out falls apart - to make T-Mo more attractive to another suitor.