Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AT&T LTE Pricing Announced for Data Devices - $50 5GB

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score

AT&T LTE Pricing Announced for Data Devices - $50 5GB

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pi...mobile-devices

AT&T USBConnect Momentum 4G and AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G Eligible for $50, 5GB Data Plans

The AT&T* USBConnect Momentum 4G** and AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G** will be available in stores and online Aug. 21.

AT&T also confirmed data pricing for data-only mobile broadband devices on the company’s forthcoming LTE network.

Customers will be able to choose 5 gigabytes of data for a monthly rate of $50 with any additional data consumed available for $10 per gigabyte.

LTE Roadmap

AT&T recently announced plans to roll out 4G LTE in five markets – Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio – later this summer. Customers with compatible devices and 4G LTE coverage in those markets will be able to enjoy access to 4G LTE speeds as AT&T’s 4G LTE is turned up.

As AT&T rolls out 4G LTE, customers outside of its 4G LTE coverage areas will still have access to AT&T’s fast HSPA+ network.

By the end of 2011, AT&T plans to offer 4G LTE to customers in at least 15 markets, covering 70 million Americans.
    Last edited by silentjudge; 08-16-2011 at 03:36 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This is for data-only mobile broadband devices...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mateen110 View Post
    This is for data-only mobile broadband devices...
    Correct.

Sent from my Inspire 4G

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So no word on the earlier rumour that AT&T will limit LTE speeds based on how much you're willing to pay?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Not at all different from what Verizon Wireless is offering. Might as well pay up $50 for something that already exists.

Feedback Score
    ownjoo, um, for the REST OF US, AT&T's much better - the ones who can't get Verizon LTE. All of Montana, for example, is HSPA+ on AT&T (though VERY slow in some congested areas... ADD CAPACITY AT&T!!!) but only EVDO on Verizon. And AT&T's coverage area is much better.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Uhde View Post
    ownjoo, um, for the REST OF US, AT&T's much better - the ones who can't get Verizon LTE. All of Montana, for example, is HSPA+ on AT&T (though VERY slow in some congested areas... ADD CAPACITY AT&T!!!) but only EVDO on Verizon. And AT&T's coverage area is much better.
    Since the pricing is for LTE data devices, and considering that AT&T's phase 1 only includes 5 cities, there is a pretty good chance that Verizon will have LTE in your area before AT&T has LTE in your area.

Feedback Score
    That pricing, though, isn't any different from their HSPA+ pricing, is it? So if I was going to get a new device, I may as well get an AT&T one for faster speeds when I travel to a city than an HSPA+ device, and faster speeds at home than a Verizon LTE device.

Where I live, who knows who will have LTE first, we're end-of-the-road for LTE here. We were one of the last markets Verizon brought EVDO to. We JUST got AT&T here for the first time ever, though it's been HSPA+ since launch day .

Feedback Score
    Oh quit with AT&T is so much better.. Montana is not all HSPA+, HSPA+ on the air interface can be as slow as EVDO without the proper backhaul , in fact looking at the coverage map you guys don't have any HSPA+ "4G" at all. We have more HSPA+ down here than you guys. Seriously though, there are PLENTY of areas that are not in AT&T's 4G areas that are as slow as Verizon. Verizon's 3G data coverage is much better, and Verizon's 4G offering is much better for the rest of us. (Obviously going by their ratings vs. AT&T)

1007 is all I ever see in Kalispell, MT

I will also note, the network is extremely congested and overcrowded here.
    Obviously AT&T isn't the fastest, even though they have HSPA+.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Actually, if you ask AT&T, most of their network is HSPA+

The disclaimer to that map is, they don't have enhanced backhaul to even half of that blue HSPA radios deployed yet.
    So yeah, that 802.11n 300mbps router is excellent on that 1.5mbps DSL connection

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silentjudge View Post
    Actually, if you ask AT&T, most of their network is HSPA+

The disclaimer to that map is, they don't have enhanced backhaul to even half of that blue HSPA radios deployed yet.
    So yeah, that 802.11n 300mbps router is excellent on that 1.5mbps DSL connection
    The areas where AT&T has 4G backhaul are indicated on the AT&T Coverage Viewer online maps. Montana isn't yet 4G backhauled.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    The areas where AT&T has 4G backhaul are indicated on the AT&T Coverage Viewer online maps. Montana isn't yet 4G backhauled.
    This one?
    http://www.att.com/network/assets/mrq_coverage.jpg

My area should have 4G then, but even my friends with Inspires and Infuses on postpaid can't get 4G like speeds.

Edit: actually that map has the asterisk about enahanced backhaul. Whats the correct URL?

Feedback Score
    This one?
    http://www.att.com/network/assets/mrq_coverage.jpg

My area should have 4G then, but even my friends with Inspires and Infuses on postpaid can't get 4G like speeds.

Edit: actually that map has the asterisk about enahanced backhaul. Whats the correct URL?
    Well since H+ isn't 4G that's why.. LOL

AT&T only expects a max of 6 Mbit/s from their *faux G*.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by locust43 View Post
    Well since H+ isn't 4G that's why.. LOL

AT&T only expects a max of 6 Mbit/s from their *faux G*.
    Way to make HSPA+ look bad. If they deployed it correctly, we could see 20mbps no problem on HSPA+. At least that would be within reaching distance of the 30mbps you normally see on 4G LTE with VZW.

Feedback Score
    Way to make HSPA+ look bad. If they deployed it correctly, we could see 20mbps no problem on HSPA+. At least that would be within reaching distance of the 30mbps you normally see on 4G LTE with VZW.
    No way. The technology isn't capable of it, max you would see on an unloaded cell would be like my signature. The moment a few users start chugging along it drops dramatically.

Even T-Mobiles HSPA+42 isn't as fast in the real world as LTE. Thats why AT&T needs to drop the BS and hurry up with LTE like they are capable of.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast