Thread: Samsung To Purchase webOS?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Samsung To Purchase webOS?

Amid the rumors (repeatedly denied) that Samsung was considering purchasing HP's PC business, now comes a rumor that Samsung is eying the purchase of webOS. Sources reported that Samsung may be considering it due to Google's planned acquisition of Motorola Mobility.

Samsung already has their own home grown OS called Bada, but it hasn't picked up much traction outside of Asia.

Assuming there's any truth to the rumors, would Samsung be a good home for webOS?

Digitimes | Via: PreCentral

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I like the OS. Seems like a great way to keep it alive. Samsung is obviously huge. Maybe it'll gain traction and have a chance.

Feedback Score
    Samsung has the hardware and is the number two handset maker on the planet. That gives WebOS a better chance then it did under HP as Samsung also does other smartphone OSs so it isn't putting all its eggs in one basket like HPalm did. They have Bada , Android and I believe even Winmo so having another option just makes them more powerful.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Seems like a great partnership with Samsung the hardware giant and an OS that so far has been nice to use. I hope either way this means the touchpad still has life and goes well past its 99/149 pricetag.