Thread: Slow computers

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-4,HTC Touch, HTC S621, NOKIA E65, Nokia E61, Audiovox SMT5600, Nokia 6682
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Slow computers

Can your computers keep up with you? Cause our tills in our store are so damn slow that they can't keep up with me! I know exactly where the buttons are and I usually have my mouse cursor over buttons ready to click before they even pop up!

Maybe I'm just impatient?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    No, the computers honestly suck super bad

DH is offline I've got more phones than fingers
    Feedback Score
    Someone should have discussed that up in Toronto.

Some stores still have the really old CRT monitors.

Also when the tills update, it can be really slow :-(

We already have a hard time dealing with line-ups.

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-4,HTC Touch, HTC S621, NOKIA E65, Nokia E61, Audiovox SMT5600, Nokia 6682
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't see why the company is cutting hours when there's HUGE line ups every day. Customers sometimes are in line for over 40 minutes. I even have customer's telling me to "hurry it up there are other customers wants to be servered." Or when i'm on the phone with DSG "Would you stop talking on the phone and serve your customers?"

Sigh customers are a pain sometimes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joninator View Post
    I don't see why the company is cutting hours when there's HUGE line ups every day. Customers sometimes are in line for over 40 minutes. I even have customer's telling me to "hurry it up there are other customers wants to be servered." Or when i'm on the phone with DSG "Would you stop talking on the phone and serve your customers?"

Sigh customers are a pain sometimes.
    I just apologize and tell them that anyone who signs up for a new service deserves to have their questions answered. I also tell them I will spend as much time with them as they need. Also, if they are in a rush to come back another time. It's usually the activations that hold up the line so whenever possible, we try and have someone doing equipment and payments. Hours are based on sales and now traffic as well.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    When I worked retail, the bill payment kiosks helped A LOT.

As for slow computers, get over it. The computers there do the job for what it is needed for.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    When I worked retail, the bill payment kiosks helped A LOT.

As for slow computers, get over it. The computers there do the job for what it is needed for.
    The bill payment kiosks don't always pull up accounts. I am not sure why you are telling people to get over slow computers. I've had better computers working in the call center and third party then I had working corporate. I end up using ICM to get account details rather then waiting for SC to load up an account. I seriously miss V21 ...

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    DH, slow computers are a reality in Retail. I have never worked for any company (and I used to work a lot of retail) that had properly functioning, 21st century computers in retail. I know where you're located, but in the GTA, the computers at R+ and Fido stores work just fine to do the jobs...and if they're slow, call RRSC, they'd be glad to pay someone to take a look and speed them up / swap them out.

Call Centre is a bit different. You are required to run more than just a POS and Internet Explorer window.

As for the bill payment kiosks...they're stupid in the first place. Customers should be charged $2 for paying in store, which would cover a dedicated rep to take their payments plus the small piece that the store makes for processing the payment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    DH, slow computers are a reality in Retail. I have never worked for any company (and I used to work a lot of retail) that had properly functioning, 21st century computers in retail. I know where you're located, but in the GTA, the computers at R+ and Fido stores work just fine to do the jobs...and if they're slow, call RRSC, they'd be glad to pay someone to take a look and speed them up / swap them out.

Call Centre is a bit different. You are required to run more than just a POS and Internet Explorer window.

As for the bill payment kiosks...they're stupid in the first place. Customers should be charged $2 for paying in store, which would cover a dedicated rep to take their payments plus the small piece that the store makes for processing the payment.
    I don't think anyone is asking for state of the art computers. However when customers see old CRT monitors, or have to wait 5 minutes for an equipment swap, it looks bad. The running joke is if we use Rogers internet. For a communication company that advertises faster internet when things take awhile it really looks bad even if we're not using our own internet. We use more then a POS and Internet Explorer. We also remotely access other systems for cable, and soon? wireless. As far as bill payments, if customers were charged $2 for every time they didn't use the kiosk then they wouldn't pay. It would be nice if the kiosks were fixed and there were never any issues pulling up accounts even if they are suspended. Some just prefer dealing with a person and of course there are those who pay by cheque. Anyways RRSC isn't always able to fix the problem. I should of mentioned some of these things in Toronto but there were more serious issues brought up then our systems.