Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S II

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hell yeah...the wait almost killed it for me. I'll be ditching my Iphone and all connections to Apple (on my personal machines anyway) for good...and investing in this one.

Thanks for the update.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, iP5S, GS4...
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

I'm using the Sprint version and, while it's User Experience is the same as iOS's, the retarded dim/blue tint ( max brightess and auto-brghtness disabled ) on white backgrounds is killing it for me

As much as I love its form and buttery smooth scrolling ( finally on an Android !! ) the damn blue tint is a major let down!!! I hope Sammy pushes a color profile update to fix this!

Otherwise, the SGS 2 is a beast!!!! It's like flashing Android on Apple hardware!
    My World Phone dot com is a VERY SHADY seller. Click here for details

My Toys: '10 M5 : '12 Blown LS7 : iP5S : GS4 : Nexus N4 : N95-4 : E71-2 [Sold]

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This is what I'm waiting for but on vzw http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/26/s...d-lte-handset/
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, iP5S, GS4...
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    This is what I'm waiting for but on vzw http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/26/s...d-lte-handset/
    Specs very similar to Nexus Prime.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Rahul View Post
    I'm using the Sprint version and, while it's User Experience is the same as iOS's, the retarded dim/blue tint ( max brightess and auto-brghtness disabled ) on white backgrounds is killing it for me

As much as I love its form and buttery smooth scrolling ( finally on an Android !! ) the damn blue tint is a major let down!!! I hope Sammy pushes a color profile update to fix this!

Otherwise, the SGS 2 is a beast!!!! It's like flashing Android on Apple hardware!
    I know exactly what your talking about I don't understand that blue tint.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint / AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Rahul View Post

Does this happen on the Infuse 4G? I'm going to upgrade possibly from my Infuse to the GS2 and I'm not aware of this issue. Doesn't sound like something I've seen on this phone and I know they're very similar in many ways.

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    here's a link off phonearena about the sgs2hd version out in korea now. wonder if this will be similar the the prime

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsu...316ppi_id22414

and for whoever asked, as far as i know rumors are saying both cdma/gsm versions will be available. take it with a grain of salt but i'm hoping its true

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just got off the phone with ATT and the guy said the Galaxy S2 would be out Oct. 4....maybe. That it wasn't for sure yet still.

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    This thing is a beast:

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/07/16...e-galaxy-s-ii/

If I was on Verizon though, I'm not sure I'd get a Samsung device considering how much they suck and the plethora of Moto hardware on there, albeit not yet with LTE and a physical 'board.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadin View Post
    Does this happen on the Infuse 4G? I'm going to upgrade possibly from my Infuse to the GS2 and I'm not aware of this issue. Doesn't sound like something I've seen on this phone and I know they're very similar in many ways.
    The blue tint on whites is part of the way super AMOLED displays just work, if I am not mistaken. My Samsuck Epic on Sprint had it too. I think it's just the nature of the display type.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCarlin View Post
    Just got off the phone with ATT and the guy said the Galaxy S2 would be out Oct. 4....maybe. That it wasn't for sure yet still.
    May be a case of an employee that doesn't keep up with the external news (on twitter), or may be a push back, who knows.
    My opinions are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer AT&T.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint / AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthroMatt View Post
    The blue tint on whites is part of the way super AMOLED displays just work, if I am not mistaken. My Samsuck Epic on Sprint had it too. I think it's just the nature of the display type.
    What's the best thing to do to notice this? Again, I've not seen anything like this on my Infuse and would like to get an idea of what exactly it looks like.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    In my opinion (and I own the Samsung Vibrant and Atrix and original G1...so I am not anti Android). But in my opinion October 2nd is a horrible release time. The S2 should have been released on ATT in June/July.

Every regular people knows Apple will announce the new iPhone on October 4th with it's release soon after.

And to add insult Samsung just announced an LTE version of the S2 this past week.

Samsung is asking for poor sales in the USA (if sprint is getting iPhone also).

This is not an Apple fan talking. This is reality. Apple will sell more iPhones in one month than it took Samsung to "ship 10 million S2" to it's carriers.

Personally I would wait till Ice Cream when Google demands all manufactures to supply timely software updates for at least 18 months. We all know Samsung's track record with "timely Android software updates" in the USA.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's also getting bad reviews for battery life......
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadin View Post
    What's the best thing to do to notice this? Again, I've not seen anything like this on my Infuse and would like to get an idea of what exactly it looks like.
    Honestly, I couldn't ever really detect it unless I took my Epic and put it next to a different phone, such as the EVO, and then looked at the same thing on both screens at the same time.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast