Thread: Galaxy S II

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Goelz83 View Post
    http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=8938

They gave it a really good review. The only thing they didn't like about it was signal strength but I'd say that's pretty much on par with any Samsung smartphone.
    Yeah, Samsuck doesn't seem to know how to do RF engineering.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I don't really trust battery reviews unless there are hard numbers. "Battery life sucks" doesn't cut it but that is what 99% of reviewers will leave it at. Sucks compared to what? For a smartphone if I can leave the house in the morning with it fully charged and do whatever I want on it during the day and have to plug it up to charge when I get home that night...it has good battery life. Some people's opinions of "suck" is if they have to charge it more than once a week, or if the battery indicator gets low during the day (indicator is not a good tool to go by, I had a phone that drained in like a few hours to showing battery in the red but it wouldnt actually run out of battery for days).

The only review I've seen with an actual test of battery said that it didn't turn off until like 9.5 hours of continuously viewing HD video ran on a loop. That's amazing - and why they put battery life as a pro.
    My opinions are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer AT&T.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerRuling View Post
    ...or if the battery indicator gets low during the day (indicator is not a good tool to go by, I had a phone that drained in like a few hours to showing battery in the red but it wouldnt actually run out of battery for days).
    It's like that with my Thunderbolt (and everyone says how much the battery life on the Thunderbolt sucks). When I unplug it from the charger in the morning at 100%, by about 2 hours later the battery level (per my battery widget) on my extended battery will drop down to 75-80%. By the time I go to bed and plug the phone back into the charger around 16 hours later (for a total of around 18 hours unplugged), the battery level will typically be down around 20-30%.

Device(s)
    LG CU320(soon)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    So, I have a Samsung Captivate and I'm looking to upgrade to either the Infuse 4G, GS2, or Inspire. Is this GS2 so much better than the other two that the upgrade would be worth it?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyxBlunt23 View Post
    So, I have a Samsung Captivate and I'm looking to upgrade to either the Infuse 4G, GS2, or Inspire. Is this GS2 so much better than the other two that the upgrade would be worth it?
    In my opinion, yes. Theres absolutely no point in upgrading to a Infuse when you can get a SGS2 for a little bit more.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Update: I got my SGII at Walmart at their 148.88 price, upgrade.

To comment on the battery for the last time. I was able to do all of my new phone tickering including inputting 50+contacts in manually, downloading the 5-6 essential apps, checking all my websites and getting a feel for the browser, and tickering in the settings for an hour on the half charge that came on the battery and at the end of the night it wasn't even in the red looked to have about 20% battery left. I charged it only until it buzzed and said 100% (took about 2 hours) and took it off.

The phone set idle all night. Today WiFi has been on all day searching for spots automatically, Email is pushing every 30 minutes, I visited and posted on social media sites for combined time of about 30 minutes, had a few phone calls not totalling more than about 20 minutes, and send texts regularly all day. As I sit here the battery indicator says it is at ~90%. The battery usage function in settings says that 'Andriod System' has used the most at 29% and 'Display' is second totalling 22% of the usage. If The indicator freaks out and it drains faster than suspected I will update this post.

So far I LOVE it. It is a bit light from the plastic contruction, but there are no weak points that would scare me about the durability of the plastic with a case on the phone. The screen just pops. I didn't think anything about it until I compared next to my friend's Inspire (Which has the same resolution) today it was like watching a show in HD vs watching an old VHS.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This is a very nice phone. Battery life is good, speeds are incredible, and interface is decent. The screen makes up for a small lacking in interface. It is a thing of beauty. Streaming Tron: Legacy today from Netflix was simply kick ***. DL'ing speeds of 7.19mbps...burnin!! Kies (the program it uses to sync the phone) sucks pretty bad...that's my main complaint so far.

Otherwise this is the sleekest, prettiest, quickest phone I've ever seen. I don't miss my Iphone 4 one bit.

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    If you're signing a contract, it would be pretty silly not to get the highest end device you can. I'm still waiting for my high-end keyboarded Android device.

Device(s)
    LG CU320(soon)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, upgrade was the wrong word. I meant that I was going to just go and buy a new phone. I need a new one and but am not due for an upgrade. An I was looking at the specs for each phone and the GS2 doesn't seem to have anything incredibly spectacular that would warrant spending the extra money on it when an Infuse or Inspire would suffice. My question is, is there anything particularly special about the GS2 other than that it's newer that puts it far enough ahead of the aforementioned phones to warrant purchase?

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, upgrade was the wrong word. I meant that I was going to just go and buy a new phone. I need a new one and but am not due for an upgrade. An I was looking at the specs for each phone and the GS2 doesn't seem to have anything incredibly spectacular that would warrant spending the extra money on it when an Infuse or Inspire would suffice. My question is, is there anything particularly special about the GS2 other than that it's newer that puts it far enough ahead of the aforementioned phones to warrant purchase?
    If you don't have an upgrade available, I wouldn't bother upgrading to any of those. Just put an i9000 based ROM on the Captivate and go with it...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S 2 Android
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    ... My question is, is there anything particularly special about the GS2 other than that it's newer that puts it far enough ahead of the aforementioned phones to warrant purchase?
    Perhaps its ability to upgrade to future versions of Android than the older phones are capable of? Just a guess.

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bote View Post
    Perhaps its ability to upgrade to future versions of Android than the older phones are capable of? Just a guess.
    Dual-core processor is a whole new ballgame, SAMOLED. The Exynos is also a lot faster than similarly clocked phones from other manufacturers.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3gs
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I'm seriously considering replacing my iPhone 4 with phone. I'm just scare of lag! Any comments on the speed of the phone after the new wears off?
    --1906!--

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S 2 Android
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1906! View Post
    I'm seriously considering replacing my iPhone 4 with phone. I'm just scare of lag! Any comments on the speed of the phone after the new wears off?
    I can guarantee you that the speed of the phone will be exactly the same. Whether that meets your needs is a question only you can decide.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's just as snappy as the iPhone 4 I had..even with everything running in the background. No lag anywhere.
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast