Thread: Speed TESt For LG ESTEEM? please

Carrier(s)
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score

Speed TESt For LG ESTEEM? please

ok happy for the phone it came out but how fast it really is if you have it can u post the speed test you have thank you and if you live close to new york or in new york please need to know i live in here want to see how fast it is

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note8
    Carrier(s)
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    i live in fl..and im getting the same speeds on 4g as i did on my indulge..1.5-3.2 i wished it went faster..

In a cardboard box off Julie Tuttle Causeway
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I was in Orlando last weekend and now back in Miami. Even though I have a Indulge, I did not see any difference between here or there. I think all web/data get's sent from where ever to the metro servers in Texas then out on the net.
    I mean if I use the speed test app, Atlanta is over a 1000 miles and it does not show any Miami servers but if I am on my Macbook it is <50 miles away.
    I think metro uses it own servers as the proxy, in Texas, and then there is the lag time to whoever where ever you are.
    So I don't think the actual true speed can be determined. Even though they are probably using Level3 fiber network (which runs @ 256OC) there is a lag. There reason Verizon is so much "faster" is they have proxies in each city, so no back haul needed. That would be my guess on it.
    I wonder if changing the proxy would work and if so would it make it faster? Maybe changing the DNS.
    These I have never played with but if someone does, then post the findings.

Feedback Score
    well Cant really give you numbers on speedtest since the app hasnt been working since last update, it always says network issues, yet there is data since it can stream video.

Device(s)
    Huawei M835
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The phone gets faster speeds then metro is going to provide so its all dependent on your location as to what speeds you will see.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 925
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    I posted a thread months back when the Indulge came out - was getting speeds all over Brevard County give or take 20kbps but I was hovering right around 1420. Seems that's the case with the Esteem as well. Seems that at least in this area speeds are capped.
    -- Light is faster than sound... Perhaps that explains why some people appear to be intelligent - until we hear them speak!

In a cardboard box off Julie Tuttle Causeway
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I just tethered to my Indulge @ 4G speeds.
    Here are the pictures. I am in Miami. So the Esteem will be the same @ 4G. Like I said, Metro sends everything thru their proxies then to the net. Their back haul is so slow.
    Name:  speedtest-1 metro 4g.jpg
Views: 1035
Size:  359.8 KBName:  speedtest-2 metro 4g.jpg
Views: 1024
Size:  401.8 KB

Device(s)
    Huawei M835
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It really depends on the tower your connected to. I'm in Miami too and normaly average 2mbps around town and 5mbps at home.