Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Import Motorcycle question

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by -banned- View Post
    its the ethanol IN the fuel that i am worried about that is gonna destroy those carbs on that bike if i don't ride it enough, and i don't have plans to ride it everyday, the bike is gonna sit in the garage all nice and pretty until i take it out for a spin every now and then...
    Its kinda like those nice hot rods that people keep in their garage and only take them out a few times a month to show off... thats how my bike will be, kinda like how my nissan is that also sits in the garage all nice and pretty :-)
    That E10 in fuel is already doing damage to carburetors on lawn mowers and weed wacker's, i don't need damage to my bike carbs...
    Drain the float bowls on your carbs.

Sent from my talking taco that poops icecream via HowardForums app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SC/Ant864 View Post
    Drain the float bowls on your carbs.
    there is way too much work involved to get to those carbs bowls... As long as i ride it every few days i will be ok, the problem will happen if i let the bike sit for weeks at a time... which i will not let happen

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by -banned- View Post
    there is way too much work involved to get to those carbs bowls... As long as i ride it every few days i will be ok, the problem will happen if i let the bike sit for weeks at a time... which i will not let happen
    You can also cut fuel at the petcock,let the bike idle and let the gas in the carbs run out which is to the same end as draining the bowls. My kz900 has few side covers so getting at the carbs is easy, one major advantage to not having much bodywork.

Sent from my talking taco that poops icecream via HowardForums app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2