Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Nokia N9: Reviews, Issues, Tips, Tricks & Support Thread

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Demati View Post
    Samanosuke, do you still use your N8? If so how do you switch back and forth since the N9 uses a micro-SIM while the N8 uses a regular one? Is there some kind of adapter?

I ask because I may be getting one soon. A relative of mine in Europe is trying to track one down for me. I'd still like to keep the N8 around for occasional use but I have no idea how to do that with a micro-SIM.
    I have 2 lines... One for Personal, one for business. So I have one micro-sim for the N9 and one regular sim for the N8.
    Nokia N950

Feedback Score
    Samanosuke, do you still use your N8? If so how do you switch back and forth since the N9 uses a micro-SIM while the N8 uses a regular one? Is there some kind of adapter?

I ask because I may be getting one soon. A relative of mine in Europe is trying to track one down for me. I'd still like to keep the N8 around for occasional use but I have no idea how to do that with a micro-SIM.
    I used a micro sim with an adapter in my N8 once -- it got stuck in the phone and was nearly impossible to get out of there. Due to the fact the sim slot is spring loaded, the adapter can get caught on some of the tabs inside the phone.

Some people have had some measure of success doing it, but I highly recommend going this route.
    I want to buy your Nokia E7.

HoFo Feedback (9+, 0-)

Device(s)
    Lumia 800, Iphone 4
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I wish I could have an N950....
    in da hood we say "don't drink & drive, park & sip"

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twofaze View Post
    I wish I could have an N950....
    Read some of the reviews from N950 owners, most don't care much for the hardware keyboard. The 12 mp camera is obsolete because of the fact that the firmware installed only lets them shoot up to 8mp pictures. The N950 is an obsolete and forgotten piece of machinery.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Add me to the list of N9 owners Got mine from Europe.

Does anyone know how to close Skype on this thing? If you go to the opened programs screen, you can press "X" but Skype still shows availability when you press on the time.
    Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Nokia N8, Pantech UML290 LTE USB card (Verizon), Zyxell 3/4G Router MWR222

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greentea101 View Post
    Add me to the list of N9 owners Got mine from Europe.

Does anyone know how to close Skype on this thing? If you go to the opened programs screen, you can press "X" but Skype still shows availability when you press on the time.
    Nice, That's 2 now for the N9 club

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I would seriously buy this phone, having literally waited this whole year and then some for it, as I was waiting for a truly unique phone aside from iPhones and Android clones. Except the GSM Arena review of the N9's loudspeaker killed it for me, and that is an essential feature for me. I can't believe it's that damn quiet on voice calls, that is ridiculous. I got rid of an E72 because I could literally flip it over, turn on the loudspeaker, put it up to my ear, and still barely be able to hear the other side, and the E72 was rated at 65db voice. The N9 is 61db. Very, very disappointed. I guess now I have no choice but to jump ship to an Android phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm disappointed in the N9 also and going to go ahead and get a Samsung galaxy S2.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frontin40 View Post
    I'm disappointed in the N9 also and going to go ahead and get a Samsung galaxy S2.
    Have you used one?

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I'm tempted to pick up an S2 or 4S just to sell one to get an N9. Each review makes me want one more, even with all these new android devices popping up now with ridiculous hardware that just doesn't phase me. I need to be patient haha, at least until after Nokia World, in which case it will be all WP devices anyway (which I'm not sold on yet).

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
    Have you used one?
    No..... but just going by the reviews I have watched on video and reading opinions on it. I just don't like the fact that you can't remove the battery and speaker quality is dismal.

Device(s)
    N9 & N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Here is the first US review (that I have seen) of the N9:

http://thisismynext.com/2011/10/20/nokia-n9-review/

It looks like a pretty fair review overall. What do the board's (few) N9 owners think? The reviewer seems to think it is a worthwhile device despite its drawbacks.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

It looks like a pretty fair review overall. What do the board's (few) N9 owners think? The reviewer seems to think it is a worthwhile device despite its drawbacks.
    I'm writing up a full review so I won't give away too much. I love the phone, but it reminds me a lot of the n900. The biggest gripe I have is that it doesn't sync with ovi suite, the second biggest is when I try to click on any field to input text it takes one or two extra taps to make the keyboard come up.

There are some good apps and i've been writing reviews for it on my own blog. The phone is awesome and I think after a few more weeks of use I will put my N8 to rest as well. Though I will admit some things are far more polished on the N8 than the N9, but of course I think the firmware that has been loaded on all the N9's are pre-release and that PR 1.1 is the actual firmware that should have been official release firmware.

I will reiterate this again though, the 64GB N9 is not worth more than $500 in my opinion and I paid far more than that for mine.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score

Man the pictures in that review are gorgeous!

Samanosuke seems about right when you look at everyone else's reviews too. The pre-release firmware seems to be what's holding the N9 back from complete greatness. PR 1.1 will definitely be the time to own it, but that goes with any device upon initial release. I still want one, but like he says, maybe it's best to wait for the prices to drop... however long that may be.

I'm not a huge WP7 fan, so Nokia is going to have to WOW me with hardware next week to get me to jump on one of those devices. An N9 shell for a WP7 device will not be enough. I still want an N9 as of right now (just like how I wanted an N900 for months and finally got one 6 months after its release).

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast