Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Nokia N9: Reviews, Issues, Tips, Tricks & Support Thread

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwindexe View Post
    Man the pictures in that review are gorgeous!

Samanosuke seems about right when you look at everyone else's reviews too. The pre-release firmware seems to be what's holding the N9 back from complete greatness. PR 1.1 will definitely be the time to own it, but that goes with any device upon initial release. I still want one, but like he says, maybe it's best to wait for the prices to drop... however long that may be.

I'm not a huge WP7 fan, so Nokia is going to have to WOW me with hardware next week to get me to jump on one of those devices. An N9 shell for a WP7 device will not be enough. I still want an N9 as of right now (just like how I wanted an N900 for months and finally got one 6 months after its release).
    I can be patient because I'm an early adopter, my suggestion is to wait till this phone is more stable to buy one.
    Nokia N950

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I will wait until at least 1.1 is released since that's said to bring all the stability and performance. I doubt prices will drop drastically anyway so I can't fret about that.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    fMobi out for N9. Link in my blog in my sig.

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3i iTunes
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I ordered mine officially after reading engadget review.

Can anyone tell if they ordered from Australia that how long it take to get to US?

I paid 750. Its most expensive I've ever paid for a phone. But at time of official press release I told myself I would get it day1. Well time has spoken

I know I could wait 6months and maybe get the phone for $350-400. But I think part of early adoption is witnessing the improvements overtime and apreciating the phone even more. To me spending extra $400 was well worth it. And thank God that I am able to afford to.

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3i iTunes
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I hope someone can make a decent looking app for pandora. I remember when owning a n900 there was a app that could login to your pandora account. It wasn't the best looking, but it got the job done.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus, N9, Nexus One, N900, ipad
    Feedback Score
    Where did you order this? I'm in NYC and have been waiting for mco to start carrying it.

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3i iTunes
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    ordered from ebay vendor located in australia..

he actually shipped it today and I should have it by wednesday according to fedex...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Konceptz View Post
    Where did you order this? I'm in NYC and have been waiting for mco to start carrying it.
    It's easiest to source it from the Australia from what I've heard and seen.

Device(s)
    N9 & N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
    It's easiest to source it from the Australia from what I've heard and seen.
    For what it is worth I am looking to procure one from Greece. Last I checked the price for the 64GB version in Greece is 629 Euro. It struck me as odd because it seems to be cheaper than some other countries.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Demati View Post
    For what it is worth I am looking to procure one from Greece. Last I checked the price for the 64GB version in Greece is 629 Euro. It struck me as odd because it seems to be cheaper than some other countries.
    The reason I say easiest to source from Australia is that I currently have mine in my hands and had it 3 days after initial release. They seemed to have received the largest stock of Nokia N9's in the world at the moment.

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3i iTunes
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Question

Samanosuke: I see you use T-mobile (usa)

Question: can you do the hotspot tethering to your laptop/tablet devices? I read in Engadget review that N9 actually checks for provision for hotspot tethering with tmobile network for authentication.

is this true?

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3i iTunes
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by corrado85 View Post
    Samanosuke: I see you use T-mobile (usa)

Question: can you do the hotspot tethering to your laptop/tablet devices? I read in Engadget review that N9 actually checks for provision for hotspot tethering with tmobile network for authentication.

is this true?
    I have no need to use the wifi hotspot, but next time I have a chance, i can try it out to see if it makes a difference.

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3i iTunes
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
    I have no need to use the wifi hotspot, but next time I have a chance, i can try it out to see if it makes a difference.
    Thanks.

It got me wondering after I placed my order as I tend to use that feature quite a bit at my work using android (which gives no hassle)

Device(s)
    N9 & N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Looks like there is another N9 option. They had a white N9 at Nokia World sporting an updated firmware.

http://thisismynext.com/2011/10/26/w...p1-1-hands-on/

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast