Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Nokia N9: Reviews, Issues, Tips, Tricks & Support Thread

Device(s)
    Sharp SH-01C
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    the white one looks really good. but no release date

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Mine just came in. Went from an HTC Inspire 4G to the Nokia N9... night and day difference in terms of antenna performance and camera quality so far. Really wishing I had HeyTell and Tapatalk... but it is what it is. Any news on Myriad's Alien Dalvik? I e-mailed them but got no response (shocker).

Edit: I got mine from Plemix (16gb; I don't do music on my phone so I don't need huge amounts of space.) and I ordered it on Wednesday night. Came from Hong Kong.
    Last edited by loftie; 10-28-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Device(s)
    Nokia N8
    Feedback Score
    Anybody has issue with connecting to twitter?
    I get this message:
    “Sorry, can't connect to twitter”

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just tried, mine connects fine.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Do any of you know how to modify the dictionary? For example... if I type im it corrects it to in, rather than I'm... lol

Device(s)
    Nokia N8-00
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Anybody have issues with the SMS time stamp? It seems that in the Messages app, the time stamps shown for all messages are 4 hours behind. I'm using "automatic time zone" settings...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loftie View Post
    Do any of you know how to modify the dictionary? For example... if I type im it corrects it to in, rather than I'm... lol
    Type the word you want, it will be underlined, and if it's not just click it, then a window will pop up saying add to dictionary, choose the option you want and the dictionary is now changed...

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraS View Post
    Anybody have issues with the SMS time stamp? It seems that in the Messages app, the time stamps shown for all messages are 4 hours behind. I'm using "automatic time zone" settings...
    It could be the phone, but more than likely it is the carrier, do a hard reset if that doesn't fix it, then it's the carrier...
    Nokia N950

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 & Nokia Lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    Any N9 owners know how I can rename email accounts? I have multiple Gmail accounts and all say "Gmail" in the email client.

Also how can I set up email to be delivered instantly like imap?

EDIT: I found the rename, in the Accounts tab. Select account then click on "Gmail".

Thanks!
    iPhone 6 @ cricket (Bay Area, California)

Device(s)
    N95-3 NAM
    Carrier(s)
    ATT/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Glavata,

Do you know if AT&T will change my older unlimited data plan to one of their "new" unlimited-limited plans with this unlocked N9?

Thanks

Device(s)
    Nokia N8
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugers2 View Post
    Glavata,

Do you know if AT&T will change my older unlimited data plan to one of their "new" unlimited-limited plans with this unlocked N9?

Thanks
    I am on AT&T and I didn`t receive a message that they switching me to new data plan.

Device(s)
    N95-3 NAM
    Carrier(s)
    ATT/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    How long have you been using the N9 on AT&T? I've heard you can be notified a month or more later. How does it compare to the N95 you used? Does the Nokia Suite still work well, backup, etc. Tethering? Thanks Mawerick.

Device(s)
    Nokia N8
    Feedback Score
    5 days, but I doubt AT&T has IMEI numbers for N9 to be able to detect them as smartphone.

Device(s)
    N95-3 NAM
    Carrier(s)
    ATT/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mawerick View Post
    5 days, but I doubt AT&T has IMEI numbers for N9 to be able to detect them as smartphone.
    How does it compare to the N95 you used? Does the Nokia Suite still work well, backup, etc. Tethering? Thanks Mawerick.

Device(s)
    Nokia N8
    Feedback Score
    Nokia Ovi Suit is not working with N9. You got Nokia Link to sync video, music and pictures between N9 and PC. Wi-Fi hot spot is not working in the USA.
    It is the best Nokia phone I used since n95. It is fast, responsive and very easy to use. No crashes or slowdowns even with 20 apps open.
    Only downside for me is low number of apps/games and no support for folders.

Device(s)
    N95-3 NAM
    Carrier(s)
    ATT/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mawerick View Post
    Nokia Ovi Suit is not working with N9. You got Nokia Link to sync video, music and pictures between N9 and PC. Wi-Fi hot spot is not working in the USA.
    It is the best Nokia phone I used since n95. It is fast, responsive and very easy to use. No crashes or slowdowns even with 20 apps open.
    Only downside for me is low number of apps/games and no support for folders.
    How about literal tethering, cord from phone to laptop using phone as modem?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast